Student Athlete (2018) Poster

Harsh Realities of NCAA
anderson-nelson128 October 2018
This documentary should be a requirement for everyone entering the NCAA. It sheds light on the harsh realities many college athletes face and exposes the industry's practices that perpetuate a cycle of poverty for those that pursue this dream. Excellent job!!!!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent watch, pointless argument
kevinjwang4 October 2018
These athletes expect to get paid while they go to school? Free tuition to prestigious schools that most of them probably wouldn't get into academically isn't enough? The rest of us need to do internships and fellowships, but they want to get paid for basically going through the same thing?
3 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Typical...
baoboa4 October 2018
Reminds me of the music industry and how govt. sponsored (thanks Obama!) big business America have capitalized on the exploitation of talent... only, instead of a billion dollar industry we're talking about 100's of billions annually and real musicians wont be earning any money after graduation. There wont be any movies about that simply because the HBO's of todays world are a big part of the problem, not the solution.

Lets face it, Americans don't care enough to do anything about it.. so long as they "get theirs" for free, all is golden. After all, why should talented individuals, those who spend every ounce of energy, every dime, every last minute of every day perfecting their craft all in the name of entertaining us, be rewarded with fair pay for their hard work?! GET A REAL JOB!!! Sheesh
2 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.