Deputy (TV Series 2020– ) Poster

(2020– )

Can we get just one good show out of Hollywood without politics?
chipshoaf2 January 2020
I love Stephen Dorff and was really looking forward to this project. However as all things go in Hollywood, the writers had to spin a political viewpoint within the first minute. I'm just not going to sit through another liberal dominated opinion piece. Time to go read a good book.
178 out of 283 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too political for me
javafixx3 January 2020
I was very excited when I saw the advertisement for this new TV show. I absolutely loved Longmire and I love all of the Goodnight series of movies on TV. I thought that it might be something like that, I was ready for a good cop show with a western type of theme. After the first 15 minutes I was totally turned off by the political BS with the whole immigration talk. I continued to watch it hoping that it was just going to be that little bit in the beginning, but the longer I watched it the more I just couldn't take it anymore. I really don't understand why they would want to alienate half of their audience from the get go. I guess you have to be a liberal to enjoy this series. I couldn't even get through the first episode before I pressed the delete button.
94 out of 145 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The first line of the show killed the show.
iix-314223 January 2020
The first line of the show was " I will not do my job and will not uphold the constitution as a police officer because illegal immigration is not illegal." Ok then, this is not a police show and if you can't get your first fact straight, I won't watch it. Good luck making a second season with this attitude ;)
215 out of 348 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nope. No Thank You.
hanna_dan3 January 2020
Hollywood PC from the first sentence. I'd rather watch paint dry. Entertain me. Don't lecture me.
120 out of 189 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good lord, this is horribad!
jwilliamhogan3 January 2020
This program might well be the worst new cop show since forever. Save yourself the eye rolls...
85 out of 132 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad
obedientdonkey3 January 2020
Too woke for me. couldn't make it to the end of the first episode. i'm getting really sick of all those propaganda tv shows and movies.
126 out of 201 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Expect More from Fox
ty-sharpe3 January 2020
Went political in first 30 seconds.. could have been so much more...
123 out of 196 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow that was the quiekest one I've ever given.
ghcheese4 January 2020
Complete crap. Let's get a tough looking deputy with the soul of a guppy. Let's make it cool to be ILLEGAL. I hope this show gets cancelled.
114 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is this PC Sci-Fi?
hankbrns3 January 2020
As a fan of Stephen Dorff, This is a disappointing waste of talent. "The Deputy" is bulletproof, has a trans-gendered chauffeurette, just happens to have 3 horses when he needs them and yanks informants out of thin air. Just not worth the time.
107 out of 170 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overflowing with political agendas, tired cliches, bad acting and lazy storytelling.
rdietman3 January 2020
From the very first scene, you know what you're getting yourself into. Political rhetoric is glaring, the acting is stiff and uninspired and the writing is just lazy and overflowing with clichés. Really wanted to like this show, but episode one made it nearly impossible.
118 out of 189 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh No!
cockezville5 January 2020
Really, making a hero of a police officer who warns illegals of Ice raids. Sorry, I can't hang with this one and I am a moderate Democrat. This is a poor example of trying to politicize procedural TV. None of the characters have any charisma. Done with this one
132 out of 213 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Peter Pitchess is Rolling in His Grave!
lnbalich-429683 January 2020
Oh my God! What a disaster! As a former member of this department I find this show to be a total embarrassment!
93 out of 147 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great concept, bad execution.
stevenpwilson-537994 January 2020
I really liked the idea and concept of this show, and really wanted to like it, but cant watch a show that depicts our law enforcement as doing the right thing by NOT obeying the law. Later.
113 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So woke
dred-787-9839323 January 2020
Literally by the first line, the rebel without a clue had alienated the vast majority of real Americans, by confusing and conflating illegal invaders with real immigrants. Then our rebel goes from brushing his horse to Jerry-rigging a trap after 12 squad cars lose their quarry. I guess LA doesn't have helicopters tracking runners anymore, and I'm just glad no one walked into that alley while our hero was driving 70 mph down it. And then it gets worse from there. Click.
110 out of 176 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumb.
BlobbyLight3 January 2020
Way too formulaic, way too PC, way too political... its just the usual dumbed down American cop show crap. NEXT.
91 out of 144 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
PC garbage
jonasatmosfera3 January 2020
It is next to impossible to watch TV nowadays. Show after the show it is always the same PC garbage repeated ad nauseam.
101 out of 161 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More gender bending drivel
vidura-614033 January 2020
Ignore this TV show like the plague! Hollywood needs to be sent a message that they need to focus on actual writing and less on injecting politics.
95 out of 151 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beyond Terrible
twridge3 January 2020
I quit after 30 minutes , seems was all about preaching social justice . Unbelievable ,a "PC lesson" in almost every scene . A big fail . Plus a lot of closeups and star Dorff with scruffy beard and beat up dirty ball cap and that dumb toothpick accessory looked terrible and sounded like a guy with a next day hangover
109 out of 175 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just what we need, a new tv show about a lefty sheriff
mdfirefighter3 January 2020
As I am writing this, I am only 5 minutes in to the first episode. In the very first minute it is revealed that the new sheriff to be warned illegal immigrants about an upcoming I.C.E. raid. He tells a review board he is there to help his people, illegal or not. I still got 55 minutes to watch. I may not make it through it all. Looks like another left-wing Hollywood show. I shouldn't have expected anything else.
96 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More PC BS
bdorn033 January 2020
Every diversity cliche in the universe, borrrrring
80 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
PC
lindsay-694863 January 2020
The first line of the show told me how this show was going to go but I thought I would continue to watch and see where it led. After about 30 minutes into the show when the Sheriff denied ICE doing their job....that was it. Click...Netflix for me.
84 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Social Justice Lawman
snake-309093 January 2020
Just when you thought FOX was going to show you hard edged, gritty, lawmen not seen since Longmire left TV...the politically correct deputy walks in. The previews for this show had myself, a couple of law enforcement friends, my son, and a bunch of others excited to finally see crime fighting. What did we get? Social Justice Lawman. Every Leftist cliche except one was evident last night. The lesbian ex-military deputy with the short hair. The bad white guy that supported ICE. The whole "We're all immigrants here!" line. The only cliche not supported, the white cop with a wrecked marriage and a empty liquor bottle cluttered house. The previews had such a great promise! I have not watched TV in months, and was only interested in this show fro previews on Youtube. I actually posted a note on my TV so that I would not miss this show, I was that excited. Thank You Fox for reminding me why my TV has not been turned on for anything but video games and old movies since the spring. The NFL was ruined. Now Law Enforcement. What can the Liberals poison next?

Some ways you really could have went out on a real limb there FOX!

Had the little short haired lesbian deputy really surprise us and be straight, relocating for a man she met in the Pentagon. Now that would have been a shocker.

Or had the new sheriff actually support the Constitution as he swore, not pick and choose his laws.

Maybe the late partners son actually put up a real fight in the jail. Not go down at the first punch. 10 years experience there by the way. You go down that easy, you're dead. D E A D!

When will Hollywood wake up to the fact that the public is sick of this Leftist crap? Box office sales dropped last year. TV viewership across the board is down. Most people that can afford to go to the movies or buy the products advertised are reading a book, or spending time with family. You only have yourselves to blame.
69 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really???
mikey-672523 January 2020
Too political Had a good base but went to the left quick.
80 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Socialism will stop the Earth burning
moonshine-081333 January 2020
Well, the first sentence out the " deputies " mouth tells you everything you need to know about what the show runners are trying to do. Injecting their political beliefs instead of telling a story

When will these hacks learn? tell a story first & foremost, & stop injecting your personal/political views into your story for the sake of preaching. If its a good story it will shine through
76 out of 122 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a Crock!
cjpagaduan3 January 2020
What crap is this?!? Two minutes into Deputy and was irritated. This nothing but POLITICALLY CORRECTNESS, "We're all Immigrants." Just go rewatch "Justified" on Prime.
69 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.