The Promised Neverland (TV Series 2019–2021) Poster

(2019–2021)

Brilliantly done
Spring01923 March 2019
This show is already one of my favorites. The first season is more of a psychological thriller and the writers are patient in letting the plot develop. The main characters are very smart and cautious, and their opponents are equally as cunning, giving the first season of the show a similar "battle of the minds" vibe as Death Note. I am looking forward to future seasons, especially given how good the manga is.
147 out of 157 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely amazing!
relaxvvv30 March 2019
For me, it kept me on the edge right from episode 1! I love the animation and how they're able to work around such a thrilling plot that will have you guessing what will happen next episode. This series is just awesome!
71 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply amazing
nereajia20 February 2019
The story, the backgrounds, the characters, that plot twist at the start... The deepness of this story is touching. And the adaptation and animation are excellent. Congratulations, CloverWorks.
61 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant Horror Anime
invisibleunicornninja20 January 2019
I realize I might be jumping the gun a bit, calling it "brilliant" when only two episodes have been released so far, but so far its pretty great. I don't want to spoil anything, seeing as how this is a show where you definitely don't want to know what is going on beforehand, but I will say that it is pretty intense.

The animation is pretty amazing. I have seen very few other anime where the camera regularly moves around 2D environments like this. Its very impressively drawn.

----

Ok, season one is over now. This show is awesome and I look forward to season two coming out.
77 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First Season was great, second not so much.
Corina_D_26 March 2021
The first season was a horror slow based thriller, the second ended up being something of an extremely fast paced action that didn't even go off the manga. The only reason I'm rating this a five is because the first season was so good. The second season was a huge letdown that time skipped important scenes that would've shown character development and a more clear understanding of how the children where able to get to their final destination. Not worth the watch.
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ruined masterpiece
mkunknown19 March 2021
TPN S1 was one of the best anime season I ever watched. It was so good that I finished reading manga in next 4-5 days after completing season 1. I was eagerly waiting for S2 to be animated but I was (probably every fan who have read manga) disappointed when I came to know that it will follow original scenarios. I said ok...no problem, let's watch how it goes but I was stunned when it skipped about 35% manga after S1 (covered 20% of manga). Main disappointment was that it skipped one of the best arcs (Goldy pond arc) and villain (one of my favourite - Archduke Leuvis). I was like ok so it will continue following manga from here but rest remaining manga (45%) was completed in next 4-5 episodes. Frustrating but there is nothing I could do. It really hurts when your favourite anime (or one of your favourite anime) is ruined when it deviate from manga just after S1 and skips everything.

Abstract : Season 1 - 13 episodes (21% manga) Season 2 - 11 episodes (Rest of the manga) 😒
12 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thrilling, Emotional and Unique storyline..Amazing characters
siddyme17 January 2020
This anime packs a punch...just watched it by chance...characters are witty and story keeps u interested till the last episode.. waiting for the next season <3
27 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop after season one!!!
melvinjasarevic8 February 2021
The second season dropped significantly in quality. While every moment from season one seams to have a purpose leading to a big reveal, season two just wanders around aimlessly and is mostly cringy and unpleasant to watch. Season two is so much worse than the first one that it actually worsens the whole experience.
21 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow this show blew me away
mattybrose1917 April 2020
I don't ever write reviews for anything on here but I just finished the finale of S1 and I am blown away.

I cannot recommend this show enough, death note was the first anime I ever watched many years ago and since then I have been looking for a show that was just as smart as it. This is the show.

The plots are not similar in any means but the thought process, battle of the minds, and the way information and twists are revealed heavily reminded me of death note.

The Japanese voice acting is superb, any fans of Hunter x Hunter will instantly recognize the voice of Killua who voices Ray in this show.

If you need a new anime to watch, this is the one.
25 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best animes of last years
heric199 February 2019
Great! Adventure and suspense in the right measure. Charismatic characters. A breath in the midst of so many low quality animes.
33 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Creative narrative
emadbani3030 March 2019
It was everything was amazing the story, the soundtrack, the characters.

The writer was quite creative he can change your impression about any character in one episode
36 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect series
abdulmohaimen22 February 2019
What a series!

It's really awesome!

I recommend such a beautiful animation for whom love these types of mystery.
32 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Like why
kareemelsayed-6792726 February 2021
Look the first season was soooooooo good I'm not kidding but if your are planing to watch it watch the first season and go read the manga yes I know the ending was bad but if is significantly better than that trash that they call season 2 they skipped 4 arcs like why but to be honest season to is Average but compared to season one it is trash first of all what made this anime battle a legend as death note was the mind tricks and how it is so realistic but in season none of that is hear so that is my review thank you for reading.
19 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible ending
jespervanvoorst-8387927 March 2021
This serie started amazing the first season is definitely one of the best seasons in anime. But, damn did it drop the ball in the second season. It was as if the studio did not want to continue doing this season anymore after the manga had ended. The manga although not perfect is by far the best version of this serie just read that. The last episode of season 2 had literally no animation it was just a slide show. It clean as day that the studio did not want to put effort in it. Also there is no writer credit in the last two episodes because they knew they did a horrible job.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ahmedgorshy5 September 2020
Most of the animes does not deserve to be entered in the Top 250 IMDB list, but this one deserves it and deservedly There are not many words to describe this anime, in terms of the drawing, the drawing is clear and beautiful and in terms of intelligence, I can say that it is similar to Death Note (you can see my list about the shows that resemble Death Note) and Neverland is one of them. The most important thing in the show is music and songs, and the best word to describe them is addiction, especially intro. The first 6 episodes were modest, but I advise you to watch it all at once, and with each episode, the anime will become more wonderful. The best episode is 11 with a rating of 9.6 and then the last. I hope that the second season maintains the distinction of the first season My rating is 9.4
49 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful brilliant
savshreyashnithu27 January 2019
Hey guys i know it just has been 3 episode so far you will be thinking why we are rating this so high but let me tell you the manga of promised neverland is one of most selling and belive me i had read more than 150 mangas and watched over 600 animes and if i have to rank this i would rank it in top 15 and itd really big deal after watching animes like full metal alchemist brotherhood deathnote steins gate tokyo ghoul attack on titan made in abyss and many more i cam tell you this is just brilliant and i same will be for upcoming episodes too
36 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This ish right here?
shadikn317 February 2019
This is one of the most interesting anime's i've seen on the dark side since Monster and Death Note. I don't know where to start. Just extremely amazing. This would be a very good live movie. I'm waiting for new episodes. This is mouth watering mysterious, dramatic and suspensful. Gosh i'm glad i was bored and clicked on it.
23 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best anime in 2019.
abdalla-7687122 March 2019
It is the best anime and I can't told you how much the anime looks good.
48 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great anime adaptation of a great manga
ste_palom29 March 2019
What happens when you mix the epic games of wits, strategies and dialogue from Death Note with the world building, violence and mystery of both Attack on Titan and Made in Abyss and then you add a bit of your own creativity to it? Well you get The Promised Neverland. Now, I am not trying to say this show is a copy of the other three I previously mention, is just that this show takes all these elements and mix them to create a very original and brilliant show.

Because this show has so many twists (even the main plot is a plotwist itself) I will focus very little on the plot. This show is about a bunch of kids living in an orphanage, they have live there for their entire life, knowing nothing about the rest of the world and the only adult they have ever seen is the woman that takes care of them which they call Mom. The story focus one the three older kids in the orphanage called Emma, Ray and Norman who after discovering the true about their home are forced to take action. I gotta say that this three kids are one of the best team of characters I have ever seen in any anime. All three kid are incredible smart but Emma is the one who's definitely less intelligent than there other two but what she lacks in intelligence she has in heart, guts and determination. Ray is the more objective but also the most manipulative and cunning of the three while also been extremely smart. Norman could be consider the smartest of all the kids but he also cares deeply for all the children, especially for Emma and Ray. There are also some other kids who are very solid characters but the main three kids have a way better character development. Speaking of great characters, both Mom and another character introduce latter called Sister Krone are also really damm good. Is because of the variety of characters that sometimes we can watch some genius plans like in Death Note, other times we get mystery and world building and other times we gruesome and nightmare fuel scenes like in Attack on Titan or Made in Abyss.

The art and animation in this show is beautiful, not the best in the industry but is still pretty damm solid. The soundtrack is absolutely incredible because is perfect for every different type of scenes that we can watch in this show.

Overall, this show was amazing, it did cut some parts of the manga (the inner thoughts and monologues of the characters been one of those things) which still leave the manga as the superior version of the story but I believe this anime was still a very successful adaptation. I can't wait for 2020 to watch season 2! Update: DON'T watch season 2, it awful, watch season one and then read the manga.
28 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally found another great anime!!
akashiitdel24 February 2020
This series will perfectly fill in the void that will be created by the end of Attack on Titan.
19 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best anime i've ever seen
saudsaadsh14 May 2019
It was a excellent anime and you can't think of what's going to happen intel it happens
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantatic horror anime as well as the manga
Irishchatter3 February 2019
I honestly think its the best series ever been created for a long time, I couldnt help myself but stopped at the 4th episode and moved onto the manga already like guys, its so amazing!

This is totally like Peter Pan but on a totally different darker level!

Seriously lads, go watch the anime or read the manga, you are missing out a great series if you haven't checked it out already!
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Skip Season 2, just read the manga, or don't, as long as you don't watch S2
MarvashMagalli23 February 2021
S1 is a 10 S2 is a 4

Average is 7, since this website is adamant about not letting us rate seasons individually.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great manga adaptation
nikolai_schueck-info15 February 2019
The story is stunning, the animations surprisingly clean it just looks awesome cant wait to see more of it
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
PERFECT !
nadimione9 August 2019
Main Characters is really smart and clever The Graphics Is Really Good And The Story is Totally Perfect and flawless .
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.