Make Me A Leader (2018) Poster

The new paradigm of leadership
mlmelville5 August 2018
I have been privileged to know Silvia Damiano for almost 2 decades and I have seen her develop her thinking in this important field during this time. This beautifully produced film not only captures a new, far more holistic approach to leadership, drawing on neuroscience and breakthrough research on the brain but also the journey that Silvia herself has taken to role-model leadership for the future world of work. Slivia is true inspiration for all current and potential leaders.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A documentary that walks the talk
florismaurizio3 August 2018
I have been a big fan of the work of Silvia Damiano and her team at "aboutmybrain" for many years. They have consistently produced clear insights, high quality materials, and inspiring programs that set the highest benchmark in helping people become better leaders. This film reaches a whole new level when it comes to bringing alive the complex process of becoming a better leader.

Importantly, it does so by not relying on overused (and frankly, often media-overhyped) leaders but draws on the stories of excellent leaders that most people can relate to. As a result, becoming a better leader seems achievable and not something that requires being locked in a prison for nearly 30 years, earning medals for courage under fire, or building one of the most successful companies on earth.

One of those stories is that of Silvia herself and her team. And that story needs no further evidence than this film. Go see it!
Where leadership is moving
skandermalcolm3 August 2018
I was fortunate to meet Sylvia and learn a little about her work back in 2016. It inspired me in my leadership development, and so I was very happy to contribute my experiences. But Sylvia and the team did a wonderful job in curating the contemporary science, with the emotion of leadership that we are working with now. I thoroughly recommend the film to those who are curious about the physical, emotional, and 'spiritual' aspects of leadership development, all underwritten with good science and experience.
Inspirational Leadership
gophbrad2 August 2018
A great balance of inspiration, science, practical advise and testimonials from some of the world's best leaders and thinkers, Make Me A Leader is a must watch for people who take the challenge of human leadership in the new world seriously.
Revolutionary Leadership
maunder_julia1 August 2018
Make Me a Leader was mind-blowing and yet made so much sense. It's the future of great leadership and shows how we can all be the best version of ourselves as well as bringing the best out in those around us too.

The science-based evidence that sits behind the leadership values is explained by many incredible experts which is enlightening and fascinating.

We understand that we don't need to necessarily manage a team to embrace the leadership values. By implementing the strategies they share in this movie we can make sure we utilise our highest potential we have in each and every one of us. This includes how we show up at home, with family, friends, and in the workplace.

I would say this is a 'one to watch' for anyone who wants to thrive as a human being.

Thank you for bringing this movie to life and all the incredible work you do at About My Brain.
Leadership Expert!
sue-7371028 July 2018
It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of the 'Make me a Leader' movie as one of the fifteen experts. Honoured to be included and kudos to Silvia for creating a documentary on leadership! So much hard work has gone into this unique creation.
A Leadership Gem!
coachricardogonzalez27 July 2018
I've just watched 'Make me a leader' and I am deeply excited and hopeful. I have been a passionate of human development for many years and I can say that the proposal of Silvia Daminano has evolved everything. Damiano along with more than 25 experts make you understand the importance of your brain and body development towards the evolution as a leader and person. The documentary film is a gift for your life and for the people that are beside you, whether professionally or personally. Be prepared to have an absolutely moving experience.
The new leadership of the 21st century: the person in the center
evachapi9 August 2018
I have seen the film and it has seemed exceptional, both from the point of view of the production and the script and the content. This documentary is inspired by the i4 Neuroleader model developed by Silvia Damiano and with the support of the About My Brain team. Part of a new leadership essential in these times of change, especially taking into account generational change in companies, in which new generations just want to be led by people who inspire. This documentary brings together the world's leading and best experts and scientists in the field of nutrition, sleep, meditation, movement ... and the latest advances in neuroscience. It describes how the connection between the brain, heart and intestinal health impacts on decision making.

It is a holistic and scientific model, the first I know applicable to a company from a tangible point of view. In which part of self-leadership, of being and place the person in the center of the company, and doing and results as a manifestation of this personal leadership. Because it is impossible to lead a team without personal self-knowledge.

An innovative film about the new leadership!!!

Congratulations!!!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Important and Inspiring
jayvidyarthi8 August 2018
Great film - as you watch, the message gets clearer and clearer. Required watching for anyone in a leadership position or anyone aspiring for the same. This stuff is getting more and more important in our world, those who internalize it are going to become the next generation of leaders in our society.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Documentary of the Year
amukerjee-1852114 August 2018
After watching the 'Make Me A Leader" documentary I can honestly say I believe it is the best movie that is available this year. A leadership journey that follows the life of Silvia Damiano that will change the way you look at yourself, your leadership and the world around you. A documentary that isn't just for the major leaders in the world but for the everyday person. Silvia along with 25 experts cover a whole range of topics from your gut health to sleep to your heart, these topics will move you in ways that you wouldn't expect and transform the way you live your life. Get ready for a inspiration experience when watching this and accept the worlds of wisdom as the gift that they are!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply a life changing movie!!!
lmadethis14 August 2018
Great leaders can inspire and acomplish amazing things, but how they become great is in many cases viewed as a miracle that happens on its own.

In this movie, Silvia Damiano demistifies and explores the leadership with the brain and body in mind. She takes the newest findings in nuroscience reserach and offers relatable and practical tools that we can all use in all aspects of our lives.

So beautifuly told through the experience of her own personal leadership journey, this movie is an absolute pleasure to watch over and over again. Each time you discover a new piece of information that has the potential to change your life.

In many ways this should be the manual that we are given at birth -"A how to guide" on how to care for your brain and body.
21st Brain-based Leadership for People and for the Future
su-2178313 August 2018
Silvia Damiano's leadership has always been evolving, but one thing that's always been fundamental to its core has never changed - People and Brain. What she brings in the 'Make Me A Leader' Documentary apart from leading experts in the fields of neuroscience, brain, sleep, gut, movement, meditation and so much more, at the core of it all this beautifully produced film captures people and the stories of their brain, life, experience, adversities and leadership and how they persevered as a person but also as a leader. This documentary may not give you an answer on how to be a 'perfect' leader, but it asks the most essential question which is how to be the best leader that you can be and continue to evolve to be better by understanding one's brain, heart and gut in a holistic way.

The 'Make Me A Leader' Documentary is for all of us and for the next generations that are coming. The journey Silvia took to get here connecting performance and world of business to latest findings in science, neuroscience, brain, emotion, intuition and everything that humans are made of to the leadership will revolutionise how we define leader and leadership in the future. I highly recommend this to anyone, whether you are a leader or not, if you are an individual who wants to grow personally, professionally or to step up the leadership game, grab a tea and get comfortable because this 'Make Me A Leader' Documentary will be the mentor you been looking for.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heartwarming insights from groundbreaking research.
ifkaushik13 August 2018
In this documentary, Silvia explores what it takes to be a leader, but with a twist - we are all born leaders. This documentary shares powerful narratives alongside current research to bring you leadership strategies that simply work. The documentary covers insights from a wide variety of experts and succinctly drives the massage home towards the end of the documentary. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to step up their leadership game.
It's for very everyone
douglas_lam12 August 2018
Leadership used to be a term for a selected number of people who are in the upper position of the society or in an organisation. While this still true but is more than that. In the documentary I am presented with different form of leadership and different ways to achieve it. Personal leadership, for example, a well-rested, well-exercised and correct-mind individual will not only perform better in their everyday task and their career but can also bring positive energy to people around them. You can lead you life with your optimal self.

I also gained an answer from a famous question "Are leaders born or made?". With all the arguments and evidence presented in the documentary, and like I said "It's for everyone". Everyone born with talents that may give them a certain advantages. But almost everyone can gain what made a good leader through learning and understand what's good for them as well as other people. And this is why I recommend this documentary.

The documentary also presented to us the mind-gut connection and how it affect our brain and then make us behave a certain way. A better leader is not isolated from their brain health as well as the overall body health.

"Make me a leader" gives you a certain direction to explore but is not a text book on how to be a good leader. You are presented with very rich content of ideas, techniques, thinking and stories and the believe of Silvia Damiano and the journey she took over the years explorering what makes a good leader. What to do to make us a leader will be up on us. I personally is deeply moved by the section about transcendental meditation and I am going to explore this topic further. The documentary served me like a catalogue of knowledge where I didn't even know there are so many things I can do to bring myself to a different level.

Last, I recommend everyone, interested in leadership or not, to watch this documentary.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You must manage yourself before you can lead others
haraldharung18 August 2018
The "Make Me a Leader" film vividly brings out the fundamental transformation that today is going on in leadership where the emphasis is shifting from having (e.g., knowledge and money) and doing (e.g., inspiring, delegating, negotiating, and investing), to being (who we are as a human being - e.g., our values, moral, and empathy). It is well known from science that the average person today uses only a small percentage of his mind and brain potential. We have researched top-level managers and found that they have significantly higher mind-brain development than matched Controls, who were low-level managers. What we found is that the long-term accomplished leaders had a more coherent, wakeful, relaxed, and efficient brain, as measured by EEG; scored higher on a test on moral reasoning; and had more frequent peak experiences (the most happy and fulfilling moments in life, which are glimpses of higher consciousness, where we use much more of our potential). Research has shown that the most effective technique for achieving such holistic mind-brain development is Transcendental Meditation - TM. I therefore foresee that meditation soon will become a major tool for developing who we are and thereby develop more effective leadership in the world. To learn more about the ongoing transformation in leadership, please refer to the "Make Me a Leader" film and to the readable short book "World-Class Brain".

Harald S. Harung, Ph.D. Management Advisor
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Make Me a Leader the how and why we can must develop and grow
carlpw14 August 2018
I have followed and experienced the About My Brian journey for several years now, coming from some 40 years within the construction industry, where in your face attitudes is common place, the understanding Silvia and her team has offered me and opened my understanding has been a turning point not just in my career but my every day, I believe is no what has turned me in another direction, where i am in a much better place today.

The institutes latest offering "Make me a Leader" expands ones understanding and follows on from the work and material i have been exposed to on my previous personal development journey, The Movies enhanced insights offered me a deeper understanding of what it is to re-invent myself that also guided me to support and engage others, including team members and friends, while growing so many skills.

For about 30 years I lived a life, mostly at work, with a command and demand vision of what is a leader, I received a number of accolades for results under those methods. However, with the Institutes guidance and development of new skills and abilities I have had a significant change in my life, one that has enhanced my relationships and life outcomes..

Having now watched the teams first effort in a production the guides a person on an individual journey deeper and clearer to what is a world class leader, my view has further altered, it has enhanced my self understanding of growth and leadership. Its a must watch movie, for self exploration.

In saying its changed my view of each day is no comment but a statement of life. I wake to a day of activities, with a mantra (a call to be the best i can be this day), to activities that enhances me. I connect and listen to my inner self, and those around me are commenting on changes they are seeing in me towards them, that is enhancing engagement.

The movie, Make me a Leader presents a depth of knowledge that turned my idea of leadership around. Not that what i knew was not amazing. The movie drove deeper to aspects of myself that opened my understanding to growth and improvement. And again revisiting (reading) Silvia's Book Leadership upside down, re-enforced within me the movie's information and explanations. The book has Silvia;s study on leadership and all those in the movie interviewed deepens and expands her words and knowledge.

The movie allows me to absorb the information at my own pace, apply it and revisit it. This movie energies me each time I view it, and it has not yet got old for me, as i take a little more from it on each viewing.

You don't know me, but I recommend that you take at least 1 1/2 hours from your busy day to enjoy the knowledge Make me a Leader has to offer, it will change your view on many things not just working with others. You will not be disappointed. EXPERIENCE THIS PRODUCTION!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Milestone in Leadership
davy_da_bear28 August 2018
I was privileged enough to be invited to the premier of this amazing new feature length documentary painstakingly created by the About my Brain Institute and needless to say I was blown away at the quality, substance and sheer volume of knowledge wreathed though out.

The team has travelled far and wide to gather ground breaking relevant information in the fields of neuroscience and holistic health. Both of which are essential for a great leader in today's world.

If you're interested becoming your best self, then this gem is for you!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.