Resident Alien (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

This is a keeper, give it a Wash...
drutledge-3875528 January 2021
Mr. Tudyk is outstanding, genuinely funny & original, which means it'll probably be cancelled after 1 season...
409 out of 457 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly Really Great
AngelsAngel28 January 2021
I didn't expect much going into this because you know how SyFy shows can be sometimes, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun this was! It had so many funny lines, shocking twists, interesting plot lines revealed and everything even in just the first episode! Plus the effects are nothing to sneeze at. What I've seen so far has shown the perfect balance of dark comedy, drama, and a wonderfully oddball sci-fi, all packaged into a small town setting, which is something I've always liked. So, great acting, great scripting, great filming, I was hooked from the first few seconds and would recommend. And I just really like Alan Tudyk and truly think this show has a lot of promise.
257 out of 297 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love this show so much! Dont you dare cancel SyFy! Yes I am talking to you, you cancelers;)
woody-604734 March 2021
This is my first review ever, but this show is hilarious. Usually I am really picky with comedy shows but this really cracks me up. Thanks a lot!
108 out of 123 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Northern Exposure meets Close Encounters
johnanthonymazzei28 January 2021
Loved it. Just watched the pilot and can't wait for the next episode. It has the right blend of comedy and drama with a bit of sci fi thrown in as a backdrop. This is a testament to good writing. I hope they continue to impress.
210 out of 256 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bravo 👏👏👏
JayShermanTheCritic28 January 2021
This is a wel needed refreshing change of pace. This show starts out perfect in all the right ways. Whoa Nelly this is gonna be a fun show to watch
191 out of 236 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun, fun, fun...
zenjunkie7 February 2021
Against all the odds, this is so good! And so funny! The acting, the setting, the script. It's all good. Did I mention its fun! There nothing else to say. Watch it. Oh yeah!
81 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect dark humour.
eslapionfl28 January 2021
Tudyk at his finest in the role of an alien with a wacky, dark sense of humor and who knows exactly what to do with abusive husbands.

Good acting, very funny yet moving story shot in amazing scenery.
164 out of 203 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alien!!!!
ggenricquera25 March 2021
Love this series and it's not even finished. Tudyk is underrated, he's got everything going for him on screen.. I don't want this show to be cancelled by Syfy.
49 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
High five SyFy!
skylor2028 January 2021
I am HOOKED!! I loved it and I loved the type of humor the show carried and Alan did amazing! My eyes were glued to the screen for sure. Can't wait for next Wednesday!!!
159 out of 205 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best TV show in years.
coltsw-1080318 March 2021
I love this show. It's fresh, original and hilarious. The acting is top notch, especially Alan Tudyk, and his interactions with the little boy, the only human who knows he's an alien, are the absolute best.

As for the guy who wrote a poor review because of what he or she claimed was a racist slight against Asians, that is absolutely ridiculous. Go back and watch it again. Race was NOT AT ALL the issue. Darcy the bartender was clearly affecting a pompous British accent when she said, "the fancy man wants a napkin"; the character she was talking to just happened to be played by an actor of Asian descent. I'm sure that actor was very pleased to have landed the role, however small it was, because ethnicity had nothing to do with anything in that scene. Some people just find problems to whine about where none exists.

This show is the best thing going right now. The only people I know personally who don't like it all happen to be people who do not have a sense of humor - though, of course, they all think they do.

As someone else stated, the sheriff and his deputy deserve their own show, though I'd hate for them to leave this one. And why does the Darcy character look so unhygienic? She's extremely funny but does look unwashed.
36 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yup
theytookallthegoodnames28 January 2021
I've been anxiously awaiting the pilot episode and it lived up to my expectations. It was funny and witty and fun. Alan Tudyk is fantastic, of course. Looking forward to the rest!
122 out of 159 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far so good
shaunmcevoy-9883328 January 2021
I am so onboard with this and can't wait to find out what happens next. This pilot was really great I had an absolute blast, what a unique concept for a tv show. This has potential to be excellent, fingers crossed.
108 out of 140 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Show is a solid 7
benjamin-ensor12 May 2021
Alan Tudyk is a revelation as always but the overall show has way too much emotional drama between characters and not enough sci fi. The story is quirky but there is little effort put into broader themes other than 'mirror or human condition'. Can't see how this could have a successful second season unless they drop the angst and focus more on plot.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
out of this world fun
davet-152751 April 2021
A must watch , you dont have to like sci fi to enjoy this , a mixture of northern exposure , twin peaks and a slapstick comedy show all rolled into one , hope there is a series two. Well done sci fi channel and credit to the writer , cast and crew , brilliant tv.
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining and Engaging
paulm-932-98651620 March 2021
Great little series, something a bit different .... Really like Alan Tudyk as an actor .... He was in the amazing sci-fi series Firefly & the film Serenity based on the series Firefly .... If you fancy a giggle check out the film 'Death At A Funeral (2007)' which he's in, it's really funny ....
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
UPDATE
doppleganger1969211 March 2021
I have upgraded my previous rating - from the first episode - to a 10 after seeing several. Few series in the past 20 years have prompted me to (A) set an alarm so I do not miss it, and (B) cause me to laugh out loud several times during each episode. "Resident Alien" has done both. Each one gets better and better, with unpredictable twists and turns. I don't own many made-for-television series on DVD, but I look forward to obtaining this series (when, hopefully it is available) and enjoying it over and over.
28 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Smart and Hilarious
mjlower-289916 February 2021
Alan Tudyk is brilliantly funny... again. Worth the watch.
52 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very enjoyable and not predictable
cradle-cats19 March 2021
I was watching the pilot episode when my wife got up and went to another room when the alien started fighting Harry. She's not a fan of Sci-Fi. I was watching the second episode and she sat down and became engrossed in it. Then she wanted to see the pilot episode. I know there's something good to capture her attention,

Tudyk is brilliant as the alien. I just can't get enough of his dialog and delivery. Every character meshes well with the others. I sincerely hope this survives for a while. Wife and I watch too few shows together. That's a testament to the appeal of Resident Alien
23 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
brilliant comedy
karimalsharif22 March 2021
Tudyk is Genius!

The show is funny, witty, smart, dark humor, and yet humane.

Its a breath of fresh air. Can't wait for more.

Sci-Fy DONT YOU DARE CANCEL IT!!
17 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A HIT
huntleygooch28 January 2021
SyFy knocked it out of the park with this new show. Don't miss it.
88 out of 123 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The hilarious new addition to the "Cringe Comedy" genre
Amthermandes2 February 2021
Only one episode has aired so far, so naturally no one can produce a fully accurate review, but if episode #1 is any solid representation of how the rest of the season, and series, will go, then I'd say this show has the potential to hit it big.

Much like shows such as "The Office", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", and "Parks and Rec", we've got a socially-awkward character in a small town trying to get by without too much human interaction, who often creates a cringe-like atmosphere wherever he goes. But the twist here is, he's an alien from space.

Without humanity ever fully experiencing an other-worldly encounter, it's all speculation on how such a creature would act when attempting to adapt to the human environment, even with camouflage abilities. Many shows and movies have attempted this, few have been truly "successful", despite how subjective that term is. "Resident Alien" can now be added to that list.

It brings a crisp new humor to television, with witty lines and creative situations. Personally, while I haven't seen a lot from Alan Tudyk (he was amazing in "Tucker & Dale vs. Evil"), I honestly was expecting this to be a bit of a flop, but he delivers in this show, so well in fact that this will most certainly give his career a massive boost. Think if one of the good aliens from "Galaxy Quest" tried to pass off as "human" on Earth, and had a lot of the personality and intelligence of Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory". That would be Harry.

Some aspects of the show are displaying early signs of cliche and redundancy. The supporting female character is rather two-dimensional, the plot is already a bit predictable, and yes, we're all aware of the thousands of shows portraying aliens attempting to pass off as human, and/or live amongst humans. Where this show shines so far, are in the details, and the main character. The mystery presented to the audience was even creative and engaging.

So far so good! I can't wait to see what goofy thing Harry tries to do next. 9/10

EDIT: Now a few episodes in, and while a few jokes are forced and fall flat, overall it holds its own. There are some good twists, fresh jokes, interesting plot developments, but also some major plot holes. Still, it's quite enjoyable and good for several authentic laughs. And you gotta give some credit to the amazing makeup and prosthetics applied to Alan Tudyk. 8/10 FURTHER EDIT: After watching episode 8, it's clear the show is already starting to go downhill a bit. Too many coincidental and unbelievable events, annoying "filler" scenes with childish characters, and overall, the forced jokes are mounting while the creativity is slowly diminishing. The writers are trying too hard to be funny, and some actors are a bit too exaggerated. I've become quite "aware" that I am watching a tv show, as the story is no longer as engaging as it was starting out. Still a funny show, worth watching, but I'm down to 7/10 now.

Further edit: What's up with all these one-line reviews? Fake reviews, no effort, yes it's a great show but c'mon people, put forth a LITTLE effort, this show deserves it.
71 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I can't even put into words how much I love it!!
hollyaparkin23 March 2021
I was just looking for something easy to watch whilst I was at a loose end and I stumbled upon this gem! It's my new favourite show, I watched it in 2 days and couldn't wait for the next episode. The main guy is simply fantastic, his dead pan humour, and his connection with the young boy is great. I have actually smiled the whole way through, even the Sheriff is amusing. All the characters gel so well together. I would fully recommend this show, it's a hoot! I am hoping there is a series 2 :)
26 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Alien who speaks MY language (I'm from Brooklyn)!
aky13-126 March 2021
Superb writing, casting, music and everything else. I love a show that ALSO has good "soap opera" humanity side stories. Resident Alien does. If you are a potential viewer reading this; if you love GOOD sci-fi...like Asimov, Clarke, Bradbury and Heinlein you will love this show. Beneath the clever, often hysterically funny, surface is an interesting examination of human society, mores and behaviors. Not always flattering, but humanity is far from perfect! I rarely write reviews of shows ... I am writing this one to let producers know NOT to cancel the series! It is wonderful!
28 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very fun show!
phillipse-8695828 January 2021
Hilarious show with clever writing, great casting, and standout performances from Sara Tomko and the always funny Alan Tudyk!
92 out of 131 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant Sharp Humour for Intelligent People
coolbiscuitplus10 March 2021
I have not laughed this much in ages. Where most sitcoms make me smile this one makes me laugh out loud. Binge watched 6 episodes and cannot wait for the rest. A Must watch and one to keep in my archives.
23 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.