Run (2020) Poster

(I) (2020)

Really Fun and Well Made
Golden_Hope29 November 2020
This was such a good thriller. I think it was one of the most effective ones that i have seen this year.

It was defiantly a fun, hour and a half popcorn fun movie but i think it was just that little bit extra too. The filmmaking was above that for me. It just had that little bit of extra care put into it and i think it made all the difference.

The acting was really great from both of the leads. I was really impressed with Kiera Allen. This was her debut film and i think this will net her even more roles because she was fantastic.

I found the score really great too. It really worked together with the script and filmmaking to really get you into the film. I appreciated it.

You should definitely watch this, its really fun, supper quick and well made.
154 out of 200 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Misery in all but Name...
Xstal21 December 2020
An innovative variation on a theme that will keep you engaged with some ratcheted tension buttressed through two excellent performances from Sarah Paulson and Kiera Allen. Does require the odd leap of faith and occasional suspension of belief but by no means the worst film from the genre you're likely to encounter.
67 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kept me engaged & anxious!
dejavuicutooo20 November 2020
I love Sara Paulson and she always delivers. Of course, it seems alot like Gyspy & DeeDee story, but it's not exactly the same. It's what also makes the movie that much more thrilling, to know it actually happened and happens more then we think.Either way, it's a very good and a definite must watch, especially during quarantine if you like thrillers! I am sure you will enjoy this movie, it doesn't get boring or leave you feeling as if the ending was missing something.
135 out of 187 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sarah Paulson actually scared me!
cartervanh21 November 2020
I am so used to seeing Sarah Paulson portray the victim, I've never taken any of her dangerous and frightening roles seriously until this one! I was literally terrified of her performance in this movie , but I still cared for her character in a way. Kudos to the young actress who played Chloe in this movie, very well done. I give this 9/10 I found it to be a solid thrilling ride that has some heart to it!
109 out of 155 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A solid, well-done thriller.
gabogrance20 November 2020
Sarah Paulson and Kiera Allen (in her acting debut) provide us with great perfomances, a very special dynamic duo that for that alone is worth watching the movie. Both are the best of the film. The script, by Aneesh Chaganty (also the director) and Sev Ohanian, is good enough to get to know and develop the two characters, find out what the problem is and reach the climax. It may be a simple story, but it is still excellent. Finally, what every thriller needs, a good scoring, is achieved in this film thanks to the talented Torin Borrowdale. Without a doubt one of the high points of the film. It's a light and exciting ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
91 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.
duongthanhvan30 December 2020
If you're looking for a thrilling and suspenseful experience, this is the right movie for you. The plot twist isn't that dramatic but the plot just keeps drawing you in. Sarah Paulson's acting is world class, and the actress who played the daughter was super convincing as well. I also loved how the scenery was complimenting the gloomy aura of this film. Highly reccommend.
22 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
delivered what it promised
evacosme20 November 2020
I thought the movie started off a little slow, but i really enjoyed the way the real action started and i also liked the ending. All in all, it was a great movie, from the plot to the amazing performances, especially by Sarah Paulson, as usual.
90 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mental Illness vs Physical illness
homeflash4 March 2021
Make that Mental illness caused Physical illness.

First of all, if a movie can get my attention for first 20 minutes, this movie most likely will get the passing mark of 5 stars!

Second, this movie does build some suspense as it goes on.

There are many unanswered questions in the story. Viewers will have to guess, but the basic theme or plot is about mental illness I think. This woman lost what she had and tried to protect what she possessed by doing the wrong thing.

Love in this case is beyond the protection. It is possession.

Overall, the movie is good. However, there are quite a few goofs in the movie.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Put your brain aside and enjoy
giorgosstefanidis24 November 2020
Run is a very good thriller . It has amazing acting from both the actresses . Sarah Paulson was creepy and the girl who played her daughter ( can't remember her name ) was spectacular !! This movie is thrilling and tense but it fails on one major factor . The plot . It's filled with plot holes some minor and some major . That's why you have to put your brain aside for this movie . Nonetheless , it's a great movie
54 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch the trailer
bolingerross25 November 2020
I didn't watch any trailer(s) for this movie before I saw it. So I can't say if the trailers give too much away.

I'd say, don't watch the trailer to this movies and you'll be impressed.

Performances were great all around and the directing superb. A wonderful thriller that was well thought of.

Predictable at times, sure. But still a good film and way to tell the story.

Give it a watch. I know I'll see it again sometime.
69 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Acting > Substance
jkeegz2 December 2020
Sarah Paulson gives an incredible performance (as always) which kept me entertained through the entirety of the movie, however once it ended I found myself thinking..."that was kind of garbage."
40 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was just okay.
nunya655221 November 2020
Sarah Paulson is my favorite, but this film isn't her best. I waited for months for this to come out and I'm left wondering why I was so excited. The trailer gave everything away. You knew the whole story before it even started. There was little to no character development and everything just felt like it was 0-100 with no pacing whatsoever. Also, the makeup department for Sarah's final look-the hell were you guys on when you came up with this? I actually laughed when I saw her.

It was an okay movie. One that you'd be pissed if you spent money on. Same old story, same old acting. Also, nobody knows how to act an asthma attack.
122 out of 210 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Run
marmar-6978021 November 2020
Run was a well acted thriller that had some very good psychological chills in it that were able to impress me in a sort of a way.Before watching this film i thought i will witness another cliched horror film with psychological drama that i saw a million times before but i was actually surprised by this film in a good way.Actresses give a very good job expecely Sarah Paulson who was very creeepy in some scenes and in end she did a god job.Kiera Allen is a actress that i dont know much about but she also did a good job.Run was a nice surprise for me and i was happy with it
33 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A rather intense and entertaining thriller...
paul_haakonsen7 January 2021
I hadn't heard about the 2020 "Run" from writers Aneesh Chaganty and Sev Ohanian prior to getting to sit down to watch it. I looked it up on IMDb just before watching it, hoping to get an idea what I was in for; so I read the synopsis for the movie, but not any reviews.

Normally I am not one to watch an abundance of thrillers, because the genre tends to be pretty much a dime a dozen, but still with the chance given to sit down to watch this particular movie, I did so.

And I will say that director Aneesh Chaganty definitely delivered an entertaining movie. The storyline presented in the movie was one that had me thoroughly entertained, and I enjoyed how the writers kept me in the dark, letting me guess as to what was really going on. And director Aneesh Chaganty managed to reveal more and more of the actual happenings in small bits and pieces, which definitely left me wanting for more, and it was such a good sensation when it dawns upon you what is actually happening.

"Run" is a movie that is driven by some great acting performances by the two leads; that being Sarah Paulson (playing Diane, the mom) and Kiera Allen (playing Chloe, the disabled daughter). And since there weren't all that many people in the movie, the pressure of delivering was bigger for the leads, but they mustered this with excellence.

The build up of the storyline is good and keeps you wanting more, and I like how the director just gradually feeds you bits and pieces of the storyline, as it makes for a very intense movie.

I was definitely entertained by "Run" and it is a movie that was well-worth taking the time to sit down and watch. The ending of the movie, though, was just rubbish - pardon my bluntness here. But that ending was just ridiculous; and no, I am not revealing it, as you have to experience it yourself.

My rating of "Run" lands on a well-deserved six out of ten stars.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did I watch a different movie?
ahayesss20 November 2020
This movie was mediocre at best. Don't believe the people giving it 8 or 9. The plot has been seen many times, it was super unrealistic, and the ending fell flat. They tried to market it as a horror/thriller but nothing about it is thrilling. It's a drama through and through. I will say though, the actors did amazing with what they were given. Sarah Paulson was her usual self, good, not award worthy. But Kiera Allen really stole the show. She made the movie (which dragged on for what seemed like 2 hours) watchable. If you enjoyed The Act or have nothing else to watch, give it a go.
118 out of 225 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Thin Veneer Over Very Little
heratyplant5 January 2021
There was no progression from a lifetime of being a trusting daughter, to rabid suspicion, it all seemed to boil down to one pill and that's just not enough to retain reality.

I'm sorry to say that by the end of the film, it felt like this was simply made as a vehicle for a real life wheelchair user to have as main part in a film and overcome it, pathetic and patronising.

It's Ok if you have very low standards.
48 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Act Part II
afn1675521 November 2020
If you watched "The Act", also on Hulu. viewers will not be surprised by the plot. Although the endings are completely different, one gets the feeling that you've seen this before. Good acting, bad story.
62 out of 113 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable
brookenichole-9805421 November 2020
Run is predictable and not great. The acting is fantastic, while the story is mediocre. The story does a wonderful job of being thrilling, but it mainly doesn't go anywhere. I knew everything that was going to happen even though I didn't know anything. However, There was one scene I enjoyed where Clare says, "you need me." The acting was just phenomenal in that specific scene. Overall, it's a one time watch that you'll probably forget.
54 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Thriller !!!
connorwiggins-0211020 November 2020
Went into this movie with no expectations , didn't watch the trailer either , the film does seem to be a little slow at first but builds the tension more and more as the film goes on , has a few twists in that I didn't expect , has a good ending also , without giving away any spoilers I recommend you give this film a watch, I was pleased 👍👍
50 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suspenseful and creepy on a different level.
paulclaassen21 January 2021
'Run' is a well crafted, tense thriller that hits you with shocking twist upon shocking twist.

What happens when you suddenly don't trust your mom anymore, after she has lovingly taken care of you for 17 years? 'Run' explores this - with nail-biting suspense! This was creepy on a completely different level. The film's protagonist is Chloe, a paraplegic (excellently portrayed by real-life wheelchair bound actress Kiera Allen). Whenever a thriller features a character with a disability (or pregnant woman) the suspense is automatically elevated. 'Run' became more intense and suspenseful with every scene.

Once the characters are set up, it doesn't take long before events take a turn for the worse, and Chloe realizes she's a prisoner within the confines of her own home. I don't want to do any spoilers, so I'm not going to delve too deep into the story. This is one of those movies where the ending couldn't come soon enough. Not because I didn't like it, but because it was so nerve wrecking that I could hardly contain my curiosity to see how it would end. Amazingly, the film simply never loses momentum. This is a rather disturbing psychological thriller, and one of the must-see films of 2020 (if you're into thrillers).

Kiera Allan brilliantly carries the film, and Sarah Paulsen is superb as the mother, Diane. I thought 'Run' was excellent.

Would I watch it again? Yes.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A nice, easy watch
richards-aaront7 May 2021
An easy watch, as in not a hard one to see what's coming. You'll be thinking 2 steps ahead of what unfolds, but don't pat yourself on the back for that. Easy and predictable.

Feels like they were hoping for a Kathy Bates inspired protagonist, but doesn't come close to Misery on any levels. So see that instead if the choice is there.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!
sandralynnjewell22 November 2020
This movie was really good with a "Misery" feel to it.
19 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth a watch
ethanjjacobs13 April 2021
If your looking for a horror movie on Netflix this is the best your going to get. There selection of horror movies are terrible. But I quite enjoyed this one. If your willing to get past the obvious flaws and don't question the movie to much then it will be quite enjoyable. A really great thing about this movie is Sarah paulson's acting. So good.

I'd give this movie a 6.4/10. So it's pretty close to a 7.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plot has More Holes than Swiss Cheese
april_227027 December 2020
So far fetched from start to finish From how she got baby to why is kid just starting to question things to if she is on all this medication wouldn't a Dr. be involved. Then there's the letter carrier, lets not even go there.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why does this crap exist?
zack_gideon22 November 2020
Why bother with this crap. It's like a low rent attempt at a thriller but you already know the ending. The lame attempts at suspense are more annoying than anything. It's a bad lifetime movie to be honest. And I like lifetime movies! It's also overly directed, the music is overwrought and the acting is not great. How can they waste Sarah Paulson! Come on man!!!
44 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.