Captors (2020) Poster

(VI) (2020)

Psychological horror films
kristopherplante2 June 2022
From the first minute to last this film twists and turns you until you feel bad for Alys played amazingly by Yulia Klass. Similar to movies like Saw, the all-round Grittiness that director James Cullen Bressack creates disgusts and enthralls. Without spoiling there is a H U G E twist that makes your blood curdle. Must see if you like psychological horror films!
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A real gripping and tightly directed horror movie
troyromaine2 June 2022
Movies like Captors are the ones that makes us believe in the horror genre. It is because of such movies we like to see horror/thriller movies. Let me tell you that after watching Captors I wanted to watch it again because after a long time I got to see a real gripping and tightly directed horror movie. The movie is very exciting and has a lot of goosebumps.
Really enjoyable
wallaceboyce2 June 2022
I accidentally stumbled onto this one when I was googling another film. It looked intriguing and I decided to stream it. I wasn't disappointed! I really enjoyed it. The main character is subjected to a lot of trauma and violence - great thriller!
Very unique story
tylercipolla3 June 2022
Captors movie is a very good and one of the best thrillers and one of the most interesting and tense ones. Very unique story line and extremely tense and entertaining, it kept me guessing what is going on and how are things going to go. Very well done story and directing, good acting, great effects, and a great twist. Very well done and entertaining.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Create an extremely tense atmosphere
stevesullivan-073683 June 2022
Not only does this movie create an extremely tense atmosphere the moment it starts, it has plenty of blood and violence to bombard your eyes, not to mention that it has a shocking evil twist I had not seen in any horror movie. I watched this film alone at night with the lights off, expecting to be freaked out by it since I thought it was just another typical horror movie; but instead I was completely intrigued by the story line, and utterly drawn into the film for the whole 90 minutes. At the end I did not feel scared, rather, I felt something very few horror movies have to offer: satisfaction! This movie left me in a slightly disturbed but very thoughtful state. It did not give me nightmares, it plagued my day-dreams; for two days my thoughts could not stray far from this film, that's how powerful it is.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Main character goes through so much trauma and violence
robertfritz-128603 June 2022
Okay, i have seen a lot of horror films. Captors was another one that i liked very much. I would love to see a sequel to this movie. The main character goes through so much trauma and violence from her captor. Will she triumphed in the end!?
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intelligent screenplay and shock value
albertwest3 June 2022
The movie Captors is something that comes around every so often like Saw. A small budget film with minimal dialogue but it is done with such intelligent screen play and shock value. Captors will be known for its incredible twists that no one saw coming and it blew me away.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plenty of gore and violence to bombard eyes
eddieandrews-930603 June 2022
I love this movie! I loved everything about it. Not only does Captors create an extremely tense atmosphere from start to end, it has plenty of gore and violence to bombard your eyes, not to mention the plot twists. I LOVE that ending too. With an unknown actress she did an incredible job acting in these types of situations. This film was, in my opinion, exciting, thrilling, and an overall entertaining film to watch. It delivered the necessary chills, to keep its audiences fully awake, and engaged. This was an enormous achievement for both Yulia Klass and James Cullen Bressack. The two have created a well-deserved horror/thriller, without the necessary cliches.
A Gripping Movie
keachjon5 June 2022
The writer and director do a very good job in creating the story with compelling characters and achieving that with their actors.

The main character does an excellent job showing strength and perseverance and not allowing herself to succumb to the abuse brought on by her captor.

It is an interesting story and finds a way to achieve both aspects of a thriller and horror genre. It stays away from traits found in modern horror films that have become cliche.

A very good film to keep you gripped to see how the actress will overcome the torment she endures throughout the film.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A sicko movie
waynemilbourn3 June 2022
A sicko movie whose nastiness is almost topped by its weirdness. So obviously any true horror fan worth their salt needs to see it! Tainted food, sex trafficking, drugged, deceit - The victim Alice goes through it all. Psychological thriller of the year hands down. Going to watch it again tonight.
Psychological Thriller!
drthomastrevisani21 June 2022
This movie is a very good and one of the best thrillers and one of the most interesting and tense ones. Very unique story line and extremely tense and entertaining, it kept me guessing what is going on and how are things going to go. Very well done story and directing, good acting by the lead Yulia Klass, great effects, and a surprise plot twist. Very well done and entertaining. I recommend it!
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Will have you on the edge of your seat!
DJWIKA2 June 2022
This new thriller will have you on the edge of your seat! Great acting and production quality.

The subject s a real eye opener, I highly recommend a must watch movie.
BRILLIANT THRILLER!!
kshdzvgk21 June 2022
I love this movie. I just loved everything about it. Not only does this movie create an extremely tense atmosphere from start to end, it has plenty of violence to keep you on the edge of your seat. I LOVE that ending. With little known actors like Yulia Klass she did an incredible job acting in these types of horrific situations. This film was, in my opinion, exciting, thrilling, and an overall entertaining film to watch. It delivered the necessary chills, to keep the audience fully awake, and engaged.

The director created a well-deserved horror/thriller, without the necessary cliches. I don't care what anyone says Captors is a brilliant horror movie. 10/10. Love it.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well Made Horror/Thriller
conspirotus22 June 2022
This film was, in my opinion, exciting, thrilling, and an overall entertaining film to watch. It delivered the necessary chills, to keep its audiences fully awake, and engaged. This was a great achievement for the director James Cullen Bressack. He created a well-deserved horror/thriller, without the necessary clichés. The film is not too scary that it becomes unwatchable, so the full potential of its enormity will not be missed. Actress Yulia Klass (Alice) plays remarkably well as the victim. There are twists and turns that keep you intrigued.

Definitely two thumbs uo for me.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it's a trap
hhhuuu-9174725 May 2022
It is not permissible to waste your time in such a movie, I swear that it is cheaper than any horror movie I have seen in my life..I can't believe there is a budget for this movie.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best horror movie
williamglasper3 June 2022
Captors is one of the best horror movies I've watched in a while. I didn't get any spoilers while watching this movie and the ending was thrilling. I am going to look for more Bressack films and Yulia Klass plays the victim splendidly. Worth a watch or two for sure.
It had potential
thisoneisnew24 May 2022
But the bad acting and the storyline just got stupid. Could have been a really good movie. Difficult to know what was from the past and hard to see who was who on the tapes. Don't waste your time on this one. Might be ok to watch if you literally have nothing else to watch.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scary AF!
kayla_lilow13 July 2022
Finally a horror film that pays off in actually being scary! The filmmakers have concocted a fiercely chilling tale of horror with echoes of dank élan to 'SE7EN' as well as any films during the seminal '70s the likes of Carpenter, Craven and Hooper in gleaning some of their mojo glommed onto their uniquely perverse, darkly humorous and more importantly downright bone-chilling spooky with this dark story of a fated morality play.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible Time Waster.
This film is a terrible time waster. The girl is pretty and has a passing resemblance to Angelina Jolie. However, the writing is absolutely atrocious. This film wouldn't even make it to a Walmart $1 bin. It would be more appropriate as a 25-cent item as a garage sale. If only a few things were bad about it, I would spend the time writing what was wrong with it. But every minute of this film is truly terrible. The true horror with this film is the time I spent watching it.
4 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A necessity for horror enthusiasts
candysimmons26 June 2022
I recently streamed Captors on Amazon. I do think this is a smart movie; it has the "victim trapped and has to work to get out" concept. Yulia Klass acts really well, you can see her fear, deleria and pain. At times a gruesome and terrifying film. The twist in it is one you didn't know to begin with but then you're like "omg totally makes sense now". This fim is a fun one to watch, all the blood and gore. It could become a classic among horror films. Definitely a necessity for horror enthusiasts to watch!
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Psychological Thriller with Twists and Turns
djtravismac26 May 2022
I enjoyed watching this suspenseful thriller of a movie. Rooting for the victim Alys who seems to be the perpetual victim. Definitely worth a watch if you enjoy suspense and thrillers! I won't spoil any of the plot because I don't like spoilers myself. Lead actress Yulia Klaas does a great job as the beautiful and likable victim you want to root for to overcome all of the horrible events in her life! Check it out for yourself!
7 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
nice idea and potential but...
Sparta2k2230 May 2022
I dont understand nowdays movies seem very predictable and every scene leading to be predictable, the acting is not bad but when it spredictable its boring and repetitive, its just a movie to not watch but keep it running on the background or fall asleep to..
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MY Favorite Film in this Genre
dhouse-3520113 July 2022
I love psychological thrillers. This one is right up my alley -This exciting terror movie contains horror, suspense, thrills, chills and lots of blood and gore . The picture takes accent on tension as well as a well-knit script full of twists and turns. It packs eerie images-shock , slick edition and nail-biting pace. The movie is well starred by Yulia Klass. It has a frightening and stirring musical score and colorful cinematography. The motion picture is stunningly directed by James Cullen Bressack.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Could not stop watching it!
seamonryan22 June 2022
Captors is about a woman, Alys (Yulia Klass), who had been the victim of sex trafficking and escaped her captor. Many years later, she's told that her dad has left her a cabin in the woods in his will. Only it's not her dad at all, instead it's the home of her former kidnapper, a home where he tests her sanity and forces her to fight to survive. All over again.

This exciting terror movie contains horror, suspense, thrills, chills, blood and gore. The film takes accent on tension as well as a well-knit script full of twists and turns. It packs eerie images, shocking visuals, scary jumps and set at a nail-biting pace.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty solid movie.
danieldarnell3 August 2022
Pretty solid movie. Love the tone and aesthetic of the environment. It's kind of a slow burn but the payoff makes it worth it. Yulia Klass gives a solid performance. I enjoyed it and it kept my attention because you want to know the WHY factor, what's going on with this girl?!?! 9 Stars - First of all, there is not a single minute of this movie that is not intense. It is a dark and disturbing suspense/horror movie. I'm not a huge horror fan, but I liked this one. I had an uneasy feeling throughout the majority of it (you'll see why). The acting was better than most films of this type. Yulia Klass does a great job as the victim.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.