Death of a Nation (2018) Poster

When A Russian Mole Worships Israel
inmandj20 March 2019
And a convicted felon caught breaking the laws of the lands returns the favor to the don this film happens.

It is an absurdist comedy that is not funny. Comparing Ivanka's loverboy to Lincoln is like comparing a Jeep to a Porsche. Let's get real. The dissonance is too much.
91 out of 122 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heil Trump
moritzdontay22 March 2019
This is a Heil Trump movie.

With just lies and tackiness all around and nothing beyond that, this film looked every bit of any nepotistic actor/director from Bollywood's film. This film is a scene to scene, glamorous ode to an already corrupt elitist America and a cabinet and family of swamp dwellers.
99 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Transfer mechanism
lacesoka17 March 2019
This is the film equivalent of the military industrial complex. You know how the Pentagon exists not to protect the country, but to transfer public money to military/armament/war companies? Films like this and Fox News et cetra exist to take money from the tricked and stupid and hand it over to rich billionaire financiers. In exchange, they get more snake oil to hate themselves and demand more tax cuts for already rich corporations and billionaires like Trump!

In the meanwhile there is as much truth here as anything that comes out of the Sarah Sanders' mouth, but hey if there were any truth it would not serve the interests of the powerful. Gotta keep the stupid masses entertained...
87 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must watch for Psychologists and Psychiatrists
haylencason20 March 2019
This is an updated character study in the behaviors and characteristics of the victims of snake oil salesmen.

A really stupid movie with a lot of Conway style 'alternative facts' regarding the Democratic party (supposedly). I really recommend this movie to anyone who is studying history, fraud, snake oil salesmen and how the party of the rich and corporate has captured the vote of the uneducated and the fooled.
99 out of 135 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The type of film that was discussed in
maxtynmarkevious4 March 2019
Manufacturing Consent and The Brainwashing of My Dad documentaries. As such, this type of propaganda has already been outed and exposed. If you like films like this or take them seriously then you probably think Gandalf The Grey is an actual historical character or that Borat was an actual Khazak personality.
100 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No Wonder The Director Is A Guest on Infowars
bronsencollins22 April 2019
This is lie after lie after lie. How many lies can Dinesh 'In It For The Money' tell before people stop giving him money to make these films? Well, actually the more he tells the more the 1% want him to mislead and fabricate to keep the tricked voting for them. This film claims the NYC millionaire who stole from the people, didn't rent to the poor, didn't pay his suppliers and asked for a foreign power to hack American servers is a savior. No wonder Republikkkans and right-wingers are vomited on nowadays.
65 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intrigued By The Metascore of 0 I Watched It
domonicbroxton2 March 2019
Well if this film is a documentary then I am superman. If this film is a documentary then my wife is Charlize Theron. If this film is a documentary Donnie putting his hands on Ivanka's back side and saying he would date her is cute. If this film is a documentary then the billionaires and multinational corporations who got yet another freaking tax cut from Trump and his McConnell really needed it. If this film is a documentary up is down and down is up.

In Death Of A Nation the director and writer completely ignores the shift between the Republicans and Democrats in the 20th century and insists those who voted for Trump and endorsed him are not his fans.

March on, oh conned by the cons.
86 out of 118 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The content of this film is true
lipsurulma4 April 2019
As soon as Donaldov Trumpie starts making his rip off merchandise in the USA instead of China. In the meanwhile fans of men who marry illegal aliens working in the USA without a visa should really get two DVD copies of this. For me I am a big comedy fan so I add this to my collection next to Hangover and Sister Act. F-U-N-N-Y!
76 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Wal-Mart Of Documentaries
kaseyossef20 April 2019
Yes. It is that bad. Loser city. Sarah Sanders style story. No Hope, no interest and no facts. Just the usual lies by the 1% elite swamp dwellers to keep the poor under their clutches. Dinesh is vomit and Trump is the nugget in the vomit. Stay Away.
65 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who wrote the script for this?
o-09718stephenharpoon-17 January 2019
Kellyanne Conway??

Rewriting history does not work. The American people are too smart. Moreover, we have books and libraries. This Dinesh guy is triggered or stupid or does not care how much he misleads and lies, but what we have to ask ourselves is who finances this in-your-face story?

Trump is the silver spoon millionaire who got $410 million from his daddy to make hotels and declared bankruptcy five (repeat five) times. He is not a liberator or a good American. Send him and Giuliani back to New York City. No more snake oil salesmen please (and that includes Dinesh).
101 out of 141 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cons Are Conned
kovulu9 March 2019
Mind blowing how retarded RepubliKKKans are! This is work of lies! I never knew the obvious lies of the dotard's party till now. I was heart broken and in tears watching this movie. I encourage everyone to watch this as a work of monumental comedy and straight-up lies. It is Sinclair nightly news on steroids.

Rush Limbaugh probably orgasms every time he watches it
86 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unfunny comedy
limobu27 March 2019
How can you lie and lie and lie and get away with it? Answer years of Fox Snooze... just make it up, look indignant and trigger your audience... then lie again... That is the D'Souza model and it is on display throughout this film. Literally every fact is a lie. Listen to the guy's interview on Infowars for example. The guy is triggered!
76 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I SHould Get In On The Conservative/Fascist Movie Making Gig
qvw-2364615 December 2018
Seriously, it looks like one can make a good nickle shipping out garbage full of lies, half-baked untruths and BS. You don't even need a script and even if you are a convicted felon you get money to shoot a film, make profit and travel the world on expense account. That is what this film is. A good gig!!

As it stands people who go to Trump rallies and rail against China but at the same time buy Made In China Ivanka and MAGA clothing items and do not see the irony will love this film. Guys, don't lose your interest. My film should be out in a year or two as well.
139 out of 199 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Right Is Still Suppressing The Truth
cec-2568924 December 2018
I mean it is not difficult to open a book, visit a library, look it up on the Internet or ask a third grader about history. Why are these cons misrepresenting history? Do they hate themselves? I suspect they know the truth and are just jealous, envious and do not care... This review is written in memory of the tens of thousands of communists and socialists that have died fighting fascism and will continue to do so.

Dinesh (the sodomizing cheater) and his fan club will see the dreams of the Israli/Saudi servant turn to ashes. No matter how much Fox News footage like this film LIE.
125 out of 178 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Am An Educator
joanne-hadewiger23 March 2019
This is an inaccurate film. Case in point they bring Trump alt-right fans and call them not Trump fans! Defining Fascism in a lying context is the central theme. The true fascists are excused away. I bet this film is financed by a billionaire that received more tax cuts from Trump (but thinks the minimum wage should not be raised).
77 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Only for fans of Fox News and InfoWars
leibygreyson12 May 2019
It is completely truth free from start to finish.

The New York City millionaire who was convicted of not renting to black people is represented as Lincoln, while The Democrats who switched places with the republicans on land, freedom and jobs' issues from around 1965 to 1990 are represented as they were 100 years. it is as if the director wants everyone to forget where today's social realities are.

Look, I have read a book. One single book. As such, I have already wasted too much time on a stupid film that insults your intelligence in your face. Rush Limbaugh fans should order a dozen DVDs however.
58 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
River Of Lies
o-738236 February 2019
I don't know how else to put it; this film is just plain conservative! I cannot believe the number of positive reviews on this site from people who sold to by a con artist. I'm not a critic but simply someone who enjoys all kinds of documentaries and this is just a stream of lies. Anyone watching it must be inbred. The assertions are ridiculous nonsense and the acting is not much better. I've only written this because I can't believe there are so many people who say they enjoyed this p.o.s. Guys, shouldn't you be in line instead voting for the douche who drained the swamp by putting his family in paid positions and has a cabinet entirely made of CEOs and millionaires?
82 out of 115 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Film Does Not Explain
delisa-4228825 March 2019
Why trump thinks the torturing tyrant of North korea is a "great leader" per Trump or when Trump's "much better" and "much cheaper" healthcare is coming. I also didn't see why Donnie "would date" Ivanka if he could. Is it because they are both bankruptcy experts??
73 out of 102 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Right-Wing/Fascist/Tea Party/Conservative Fakumentary
dean-grey-to10 February 2019
Great Fakumentary For Trump Groupies. It is as a matter of fact fact free. Thank you Dinesh for paying back your debt to The Don and exposing your beliefs. I hope many people have their eyes opened to the truth of the lies that the reality (scripted) TV actor is selling.

PS: Watch it and then run to buy some Ivanka Chinese junk on liquidation (great businessperson just like her sugar daddy).
82 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
There Should Be A Law Against Putin Agents Pardoning Felons In Exchange For A Lying 'Film'
dotard-destroyer14 December 2018
Cons Are Too Retarded To Recognize Lies (or Love Being Lid To Trump Style) presented as facts. I mean Fox Snooze and Trump rallies (complete with Chinese imported merchandise) have been lying to them for years.

With that said, this film takes the lying and false premises to another stratospheric level. Every fact presented is the opposite of the truth. Show this film to the communist guerillas, Marxist fighters, Greece Communist party members and socialists in former Yugoslavia who waged fights and sabotage against Hitler and the fascists. Then again felon D'Souza is a racist liar who sent is first wife back to India in order to marry "an All-American Girl." Look this fact up! And then as a devoted president of a Christian college cheated on the woman on a "business trip." Then he said as an apology he didn't know cheating and sex with a woman while out on business in unchristian (look this up to).

It is clear from the above that D'Souza and the STD victim's lemmings are a match made in... hell

Lie after lie after Trump opens his mouth
134 out of 196 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Right if Left, Left Is Right, Black is White, White is Black...
neilancobie15 March 2019
This film lies and misrepresents and is as made-up as conservatives' love for the working class. The lies are so bad that it makes one understand why right-wingers are all triggered.

Defining Fascism in a delusional/deceptive context and that is its central theme. The true fascists (currently called conservatives) are exposed by seeing how they treat humanity not by how this film insists someone who would not house black people (thin-skinned donnie) is the new Lincoln.
70 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As if it was not obvious
itzae-6948628 March 2019
Anyone can walk into a library, open a book and fact check this film. It is all lies.

This boring pastiche was a weak attempt at rebooting and recycling the right-wing lies that promote self-interested liars like Trump in order to suck money out of the ingrained for decades. Unfortunately, they do not make sense and it created dissonance with facts. USA RIP
64 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Propaganda
mmonnette7 January 2019
This movie was utter propaganda. I expected an educated comparison between the fall of the Roman Empire and our society now. But all I got was some propaganda team trying to convince me the democrats are nazis. I get it. We cant trust politicians. But this was obvious, baseless bull.
86 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Embarrassing
TheSeaLion24 December 2018
I honestly can't tell if Dinesh D'Souza is an intelligent conman who is profiting off of the gullible, or if he is genuinely a moron and his "documentaries" give insight into his warped thought-process. Considering how he contradicts himself almost immediately on multiple occasions throughout "Death of a Nation," I'm going to say he's genuinely a moron.

This "documentary" is filled with the same basic drivel that propaganda-spewing right-wingers have been preaching for years, done so in the most contradictory and uninteresting of ways.

D'Souza claims that the left tried to impeach Trump; cue clip of Senator Kamala Harris answering a question from a reporter about impeachment but not actually advocating for it. D'Souza claims liberals are too politically correct; cue the controversial Kathy Griffin photo. D'Souza claims that Trump's victory made people unhinged and freak out for no reason; cue clips of reactions from anti-Trump people whose fears and criticisms have been proven right every day since the election. Those are just a few of the obvious examples of how much D'Souza contradicts himself immediately, but then there are arguments that just don't make sense.

D'Souza claims that white supremacist Richard Spencer is actually a liberal because he and Trump have different opinions on immigration, yet Spencer also has a different opinion on immigration than liberals do. So how can Spencer not be a Trump supporter because of a difference in opinions, yet he is secretly a liberal despite a difference in opinions?

Not only that, but historians have also come out and negated all of the points that D'Souza made in "Death of a Nation" (along with all of his other works). In fact, one historian in this documentary, Robert Paxton, even alleges that D'Souza misled him as to what the documentary was actually about. If D'Souza's points are so articulate and factual, why do people with no agenda other than to study history call him out for being inaccurate, and why did he have to trick an expert into being in his film?

The filmmaking is on the same par as the information--worthless and terrible. The sets that are used during historical reenactments are atrocious, D'Souza has no charisma and is just a bore to listen to, and there's nothing creative about any element of his work.
112 out of 166 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
From a Movie and Documentary fan...
joeescott72-886-8864245 December 2018
First of all, as a Documentary it's poorly done. The narrative is disjointed. It produces an end result and gives you whatever cherry-picked facts the writers choose to draw parallels. There are creative moments, mostly in the leaps of faith to draw the parallels.

As a movie...it's harder to watch than "A Serbian Film". You have to consistently stop it, wait for the feeling of "ugh" to die down, then pick it back up. It's just that poorly done. Tommy Wiseau could have made it better.
135 out of 203 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.