Bundy and the Green River Killer (2019) Poster

Pretty bad movie Beware more fake reviews
NotAFakeReviewer1 June 2019
Lots of positive reviews from people who made their accounts recently and reviewed only this one!

It's made in the UK with a British cast. The acting is not great, the treatment of the actual material is good but I recommend you read the book by Bob Keppel (who the main detective is based on)

This is not a good movie.
25 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An embarrassing mess of a film.
Burnsknight4 June 2019
Terrible acting, awful dialogue, bad casting and historical inaccuracies (techno music in a 70s club??) make this one of the worst films I've seen. One of the few films I didn't watch through to the end. Could not take Bundy seriously because he looked like Sheldon Cooper.
28 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
firballblaze-6968910 May 2019
Great concept. Horrible low budget production with the worse actors on the planet that sound like they're reading straight from cue cards. This reminds me of Gravitas Adventures junk movies that they attempt to make. Do not waste your time.
39 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Room II
davepoole-826555 September 2020
Incredible, really funny. The acting is genuinely the worst I've ever seen. I don't smoke weed but I can imagine this would be riot if you watched it a bit stoned. Hilarious
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How embarrassing!!!
OMG, there are so many anachronisms and incongruities in this movie that it's just IMPOSSIBLE to enjoy! This was made in England, and it seems like no one involved with the movie had ever even been to the USA. Let's break it down...

Incongruities / mistakes: 1. Crime scene tape is not white and blue in the US, it's suppose to be black and yellow. 2. We have door knobs over here, not door handles. 3. Police officials don't hold press conferences sitting down behind a rickety class room table in the US, they have a podium, or will possible hold the press conference outside the police building. 4. We don't have heat radiators in our individual offices. Offices have central heating. 5. The radiators in the detective's home are also distinctly British. 6. Several UK power outlets and light switches are visible thought out the movie. Jesus Christ you guys, how lazy are you?? 7. The police wouldn't arrest a notorious serial killer with just two guys with handguns and no bulletproof vests. 8. Main character's badge looks like something you buy off of eBay for a costume party.

Anachronisms / incorrect time: 1. In there very first scene at the bar there is a text plate stating it's 1978, but there's Electronic Dance Music (EDM) playing in the bar. In 1978?? WTF?? 2. The detective's computer is about almost 10 years to new for the time frame. 3. Police car outside the bar where the cops meet is probably 40(!) years to new! It's a brand new contemporary car, for christ's sake! 4. They didn't have HDTV or 3D motion graphics in news shows in the early 80s. 5. Ted Bundy's hair is all wrong. It looks like a modern haircut, which of course it is. 6. When we jump forward to 1989, the TV cameras are too new. They're just normal contemporary cameras. And again, contemporary cars are seen.

And then we get to the absolutely ridiculous American accents the actors put on. They're NOT EVEN CLOSE to sounding American. They sound like walking cliches of what a European might think an American sounds like, based off of 3 movies. This alone makes impossible for me to judge whether they're just horrible C-grade actors, or if they could possibly act if they got to stick to British English.

But the biggest problem--it's cardinal sin--is that it's just plain BORING!

I'm giving it a 2 since I guess technically it's not the absolute worst movie I've ever seen. But NOT MANY are worse. Stay away!
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My eyes! My ears! My time!
treacydoyle0512 May 2019
Bad acting, bad lines, just bad!!!! Watched all of it, and I will never get this time back. At first I though it's arty and made this way with purpose. And then the realization that it's bad because it's just bad. Lara Goodison(29 years old) plays Detective Richards young daughter. She's nearly 30 in real life!!!!!! We could tell! Worst scene is the not so high speed chase in the forest. Best giggle I've had in ages. Jump ahead in time and finally the killer is caught!! And very strangely nobody has aged at all. What a great story to tell and what a terrible way to tell it! There was not one good part of this movie.
27 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time.
vmm-4462829 May 2019
The acting is so bad. I watched 15mins but I shouldnt have even wasted that much time. There wasnt one single decent actor!
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So so bad
borgolarici5 October 2021
I quit after like... 15 minute? The acting is that bad and everything else is laughable.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Dad in the Whole World
nogodnomasters9 May 2019
The film centers on David Richards (Mark Homer) the feckless investigator of the Green River Killings. He gets help from profiler Detective Tom Johnson (Paris Stangl) who in turn utilizes the insights of Ted Bundy (Richard Mark) who gives them the advice to capture the killer Gary Ridgway (Jared Nelson). Unfortunately, they didn't have the forensics they needed to charge him for another seven years.

For a murder/slasher film it lacked action other than Mark Homer raising a coffee cup to his lips. It was a very boring docudrama with wooden acting.

Guide: No swearing, sex, or nudity.
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Diabolical
djpeekay2528 January 2020
I am British but this annoys me that this a British production which is very careless! If you are making a film about true life American crime, then employ American actors and ensure that the props are American! You can clearly hear British accents, and even the police ribbon is British! How this slapdash production was even released is beyond me!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth your time sadly.
Sleepin_Dragon25 September 2021
Many people will of course be aware of Ted Bundy, and the hideous crimes he committed, so there is a story here....

....sadly the story isn't enough to make this decent or watchable in any possible way, unfortunately it is terrible.

I'm the first to moan on about Americans trying hard to do British accents, the same is also true in reverse, this set of Brits don't do an American accent well at all, it's like an episode of Murder, she wrote, the other way round.

I can see that they've tried to tell the story well, so that gets a star, however it just doesn't work, at every stage it feels amateur and cheap.

Remember The Ted Bundy story is harrowing, gut wrenching, one of the worst series of crimes of all time, this feels like an afternoon tea party.

Shocking sadly, 2/10.
Too Slow
rajnot12 May 2019
Not even close to TV Movie.. Actors need more attention on script.. and director need to steer well so i goes in right direction.. Back ground music which should have give chills was very bad..
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Been done and done..
andymaranam9 June 2019
And alot better in a film called the riverman. However It does try where others did not fail, yet this one fails really really badly in just about everything..it's more of a poor reconstruction of a crime scene you would see at 2am on the worst network channel. But the chase scene in the forest made me laugh so much (thankyou) it was like heat or ronin but better I've never laughed so hard and on that note 2/100
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The only murder here is the acting
gurumaggie23 September 2021
Sheldon lookalike and some really poor acting I'm not drinking enough to make this fun, it's a no from me.

The daughter is at school?? Teaching Mebbe aye?
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shamefully, blatantly plagiarizes entire scenes and dialog from Red Dragon, Manhunter and Silence Of The Lambs...
mariusar20 June 2020
I support low budget cinema. When undertaken with genuine passion and ingenuity, the results can be superlative. I draw the line however at films like this that blatantly and shamelessly steal entire scenes and virtually all the dialog from far superior, previous films.

Specifically here, entire sequences, dialog and plot setups were lifted directly from Manhunter, Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs. I can only speculate that Thomas Harris, Michael Mann, Jonathan Demme and Brett Ratner and their respective production companies would simply laugh at the ludicrously amateur ripoff of their work shown in this "film". And in fact, they would all probably agree that to pursue legal action against the group responsible for this travesty would be a complete waste of time as it's clear that this group would have nothing worth suing for.

I can only imagine the cast in this film being ashamed after reading the so-called script. And don't even get me started on the utterly pathetic acting across the board.

I rarely if ever give lower than a 3 rating for films here on imdb, believing that even in the worst films real people put in some real work.

In this case, this film insulted me so much that it gets a 1.

Congratulations for failing so utterly while stealing from films that are modern classic serial killer/police procedural films.

To the so-called writers and so-called director: give it up and get a real job.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh deary me.....
david18063 September 2021
So here's a first...I'm going to 'review' a movie that I haven't actually sat through. I simply can't, or won't, to be more precise. The first scene, as already mentioned, is set in 1978 in a nightclub - with banging dance music blaring. That is just really lazy. And it gets worse. Dreadful acting/script, the sets don't even remotely look 70s, I could go on.... and the movies only just started. So, I've stopped watching it but felt like popping this review up here cause.... why not?

I very rarely, if ever, put up reviews this bad, because someone worked hard to get their dream off the ground. But when you make a film and just can't be bothered to get simple things right that would cost nothing, you simply don't deserve to be making movies. Disgraceful really.....

Watch the first few scenes just to see what I mean - it's on UK Netflix....
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage absolute garbage
peteashsdiddy-5064021 May 2019
Whoever spent a million dollars on this train wreck, can you please send me my $1.85 I wasted at the redbox??
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stiffs everywhere.
missemmapooley14 June 2019
The corpses in the river were the best actors in this dross, I nodded off in the hope I'd sleep through it. I didn't. I woke only ten minutes later to the grating nasal tone of 'Ted Bundy'. I hope the real-life police officer had a little more charisma than the actor who played him in this film.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suspenseful thriller
matthew_lillith8 May 2019
Detective David Richards (played by former Eastenders star Mark Homer) leads the hunt for notorious serial killer The Green River Killer. With no leads to go on he agrees to visit Ted Bundy in prison hoping that the unique insights of one serial killer will help him catch another. Bundy and The Green River Killer plays out like a classic TV detective thriller rather than the dime-by-dozen serial killer biopics we've seen in last few years. I really appreciated the tense build up, human drama and gloomy atmosphere. Mark Homer has grown as an actor since we last saw him on the small screen but Jared Nelson steals the show as Gary Ridgway. He's genuinely creepy in every scene and nails Ridgeway's mannerisms. What surprised me the most though is the attention to detail and re-search that went into getting all the facts straight (only names of victims and the detective were changed). The only casting choice I had a problem with was Richard Mark, he does not look like Ted Bundy and is missing Bundy's charm (I also found his british accent very distracting). Overall an excellent and suspenseful thriller from the North Bank Team (Though regular Lee Bane are sadly missing) .This is a big growth and new territory for director Andrew Jones and easily one of his best films to date. I can't wait to see what he will do next.
33 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wrong props for the 70s
ebookgamer2 September 2020
Good facts used but details to settings was wrong. Example, the detective uses a PC and monitor that wasn't around in 1982, the 286 PC came out in 1988. The night club played techno that wasn't around until 1989, coming from Detroit. Some parked cars in the background, clearly viewable, weren't made before the year 2000. Some ham acting like lines are being read without rehearsals.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrific
davidgholland15 December 2020
Ive genuinely created an account just to leave this review.

It's quite possibly the worst film I've ever watched, terrible acting, horrific accents, no plot.

I would rather have head butted a wall for 2 hours
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Creepy performances
chrisowen-702537 May 2019
The movie plays mostly like an old TV cop show following the main detective and FBI guy as they hunt down the Green River Killer and talk about serial killing. Most of the facts of the real case are followed closely but if you are aware of the true story it makes the film fairly predictable with few surprises. The best part of the movie is the performances by the actors playing Bundy and Ridgway. Both are very creepy and their scenes are by far the best parts of this movie.
30 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Miracle!
saintu-7050612 September 2021
Thank god that someone has made this movie!

As a 96yr old war veteran, spent last 60 years in a wheelchair until I've played this movie then got up on my feet to turn the telly off after 20 minutes...
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
These are the lowest of ALL poor actors
Max66409 May 2019
This movie has the worst of the worst when we talk about acting. Literally the bottom of the toilet. How can any of these male actors get call backs for ANY job??? The casting director either had the lowest budget or has zero and I mean zero skills at choosing actors. If any of the actors read this.....please get a different job and don't waste people's time and money.
15 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
very poor acting .
nnjassi12 October 2020
Very disappointing movie. Very slow screen play, poor acting at its worst! detective guy played a confusing role! very very poor acting skill. The guy who played Ted Bundy he is a very poor actor.. really bad. Real Ted Bundy had great personality , he was manipulative . but actor of this movie was nothing near of real Ted Bundy. poor low budget movie ever.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.