Kill Chain (2019) Poster

(2019)

This was actually decent and I'm shocked
calicut11020 October 2019
So Nicholas Cage won an Oscar and pretty soon after his career plummeted. His films in the last few years are quite terrible and I'm actually a fan of his. I was pleasantly surprised by Kill Chain. The story, acting, direction and production value are all worthy of an Oscar winner. So great work Nick! I hope this is the start of a turn around and back into higher quality films.
40 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why is everyone bagging on this film?
richtygart2 November 2019
I went ahead and watched anyway and I really liked it. I have learned that if Rotten Tomatoes gives a movie 5 stars, it's probably terrible and in this case most critics disliked it. I thought it was one of Cage's better movies in a long time. I got into it right off the bat. I also say that as a picky person on films. This movie was very good.
29 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gets better as it goes along
jtindahouse20 October 2019
'Kill Chain' is going to lose some audience members in the first 15 minutes. It gets off to a very sloppy start. After the opening scene, a bizarre opening credits and then another awkward scene I thought I was in for a very long 90 minutes. But then the film found its rhythm and things began to click. Ryan Kwanten entered the film, in possible the best segment of the movie, and suddenly the movie wasn't seeming so bad. It's far from a masterpiece but it is a film that gets better and better as it goes along.

This movie takes itself very seriously. There isn't a single occasion in the entire movie I can remember where they try to make you laugh. Nicolas Cage, who is becoming synonymous with ultra violent revenge flicks it seems, is still a very watchable actor. He slips on the occasional line, but for the most part he's a stand-out in any scene he's in and he's not phoning it in.

The film turned out to be smarter than I expected it to be. Everything wraps itself together in quite a clever and creative way. If you don't need your films to be beautifully shot or have impeccable dialogue, and you're willing to get down and gritty in the seedy underbelly of a film, then this could just be the one for you. It won't be for everyone, but it is certainly watchable enough for a pass mark.
26 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No Frills Noirish Assassin Film
truemotion19 October 2019
A simple plot is buoyed along by good pacing and decent action. Action peaks at the right time, and the acting is solid for the most part, with uneven performances in spots. Its simplicity and well-portioned atmosphere and action make this a fairly enjoyable watch and above average.
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weird Start That Comes Together
Ziglet_mir21 October 2019
"Kill Chain" is a simple yet aptly named thriller that begins slowly and oddly, almost stumbling until the 4th or 5th scene when we can recognize the pattern of what's going on. The strongest section of the film is definitely the final 30 minutes that is taken over by Cage with force and some striking charisma.

At times the camera is a bit hard to follow and the supporting characters may be a tad weak, but nothing that really takes away from the enjoyment of this thriller. Even with the sprawling plot points between all of the characters, the story comes together even leaving it open to have a sequel.

Cage seems to be on a roll as of late coming out with Mandy, Mom & Dad, Color Out of Space and now this. I hope this trend continues and we see Cage return to his glory days even if he is super enjoyable as the macro-meme mascot of the internet.

27 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was in a mood to watch a B movie, especially of Nic Cage n action oriented but got cheated. Nic is ther only for few mins n the action is almost nada.
Fella_shibby23 October 2019
This film also lacks Nic snorting coke n his long face with wide eyeballs.

Who puts a title credit right after introducing characters, creating suspense n then suddenly an incoherent plot with loopholes. The story takes place in the course of a night, which isnt a bad thing but most of the scenes r shot in the dark with horrendous editing. Worse than hand held camera.

Nic Cage is a fine A grade actor who does a lot of B-movies but I wouldn't classify him as a B-actor but I hope he doesn't end up in an Asylum or SyFy movie or a Bollywood film. His B movies r better than Bruce Willis, Wesley Snipes, Steven Segal, Van Damme etc.

Generous with 5 cos of Nic in a new avatar, a beard n large frame spectacles.
40 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a good film
mjsreg21 October 2019
This is another film that doesn't deserve the lowish rating it has.

The story is interesting and intricate enough to keep the viewer's attention, and the acting is superb with all of the cast giving believable performances.

Combine that with beautiful gritty visuals and it is one of the better thriller/action movies of recent times.
23 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
U won't get bored tho
hapsultimate19 October 2019
Has a good script, screen play and actors have done justice to their roles.

But the story don't have much in it

But it's a fine thriller

Didn't have anything special about it, but you won't think that u have waisted time by watching this

Will definitely recommend it
22 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is it Plastic Work or Bloat?
arfdawg-11 December 2019
Nick Cage is looking horrible. Unnaturally dark beard and fake hair. But it's his face that is so alarming. Unsure if he's cranking fillers into his face or if he's just really really bloated. Either way, it's disturbing.

The good news is this is a movie he agreed to make for the money and exotic location. Mostly the money. He makes these all the time. In any case, it means he's only on the screen for a short time

This one is a standard plot but man the exposition takes forever. And you know where it's going from frame one. Not original in the slightest.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flawed, but surprisingly better than I expected
TheTopDawgCritic23 October 2019
The acting, directing and cinematography were great, but the writing had some issues with convoluted and long dragged out scenes. Too much time was spent on story-telling and not enough on what was actually happening and the parties that were involved. The 91 min length felt a little long with such a simplistic story and its slow pace. Still, Cage and Acosta where great together in that cool hotel production set. Had the writing been tighter, this would've been a hit. It's a 7/10 from me.
22 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
solid
lifelinespublishing28 October 2019
I gave this film a solid 7/10 because of how the story was thoroughly narrated, The Director made sure all the bases were covered and how the characters were interconnected in the story, solid acting by Nic Cage and company as well.

overall, a must see film for action / thriller fans who want to be entertained and with a good story.
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Badly written
Leofwine_draca27 October 2019
KILL CHAIN is a sample of cheapjack nonsense from Cinetel Films. It stars a big and bearded Nicolas Cage - so rarely that it's little more than an extended cameo at times - as one of a large cast involved in a twisty-turny plot involving criminal enterprises, gangsters, and the usual such genre constructions. It's cheap beyond belief, mainly consisting of boringly repetitive dialogue between dull, paper-thin characters. In order to make up for the many deficiancies, ample amounts of sex and violence are added to the mix, but the end result is an aimless, badly-written piece of nonsense and one of Cage's worst.
11 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly good movie
birdgerry22 October 2019
An unusual start but with a little patience it's well worth watching
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOT SO GOOD
watcher201919 October 2019
No i was not impressed with this nic cage film. Lots of blood and violence and there is a story, just not a very good one. Nic can do better than this. quite boring i almost nodded off twice.
13 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nick Cage's contribution to Medical Science
ricksarkar66622 October 2019
This movie will put you to sleep if you are suffering from acute insomnia. Literally. This one is a borefest with aome action going on in between. But i dont think anyone can finish the whole movie cz as soon as Nickky Boy walks in with that same facial expressions that he been doing in all that B movies since 2017 expect "Mandy".. I dont how much he is in debt, but this movie will knock you out like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill 1
8 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was ok.
jcq10122 November 2019
Not amazing, but ok. Nick Cage needs the money. He brings some star power to an otherwise mediocre film. Beyond that, it was ordiyand predictable.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complete waste of time and resources
carlos-pires26 October 2019
I give it 9 stars for production design and cinematography... and -10 for everything else. This is yet another pretty crappy production with Nicholas Cage. I guess Nicholas Cage should now be counted not as a movie star, but instead as a movie black hole. This movie is so bad, I don't know what is its worse part: 3rd rate actors? fantastically farfetched plot? completely unbelievable one-dimensional characters? brain-dead idiotic dialog? Take your pick. Just don't waste your time watching this crap.
7 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Senility
scott-hunter-iii24 November 2019
Not sure how it's possible, but this is worse than any past Cage movie. He's outdone himself, somehow.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best thing about it, was Nicks beard dye.
stevedudesp27 October 2019
Just a meh movie, unless your an avid Nick cage fan, otherwise give it a miss.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie
christinaalvesferreira22 October 2019
Anabelle Acosta is great in this movie. I really liked her performance. The movie was a little all over the place, but kept me entertained.
6 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually quite good...
mklarsen-5189525 October 2019
Nicholas Cage is a bit of a character and has relegated himself to some B grade films ever since his great showing in Con Air... This one doesn't seem to make a lot of sense right up until the end when you see the twist in the story and everything yo have seen makes perfect sense. Definitely worth watching.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's trying to do better
horst6921 October 2019
The movie seems to try very hard to be better than the Nicolas Cage movies of the past decade or so .

Actually the entire purpose of the movie seems to be just that . Even the early reviews are carefully designed to appear authentic and manage expectations .

Unfortunately, this film is yet another low budget, low talent effort .
9 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It needed 30 more minutes!
zipcode1183-295-91323627 October 2019
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this movie considering the scrambled feeling of the beginning. I almost forgot that Nicholas Cage was in the movie for a while. That being said, once he showed up the movie really seemed to take off. His acting seems to have actually, dare I say, improved as he is getting older. I won't give any spoilers I'll just say that I wish they had written another half hour or so as the ending left me feeling dissatisfied with the whole movie. It felt more like the beginning of a mini series and now I'm waiting for the rest to come on next week. Bottom line if you are a Cage can you should enjoy it.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not terrible not great by today's standard.
ToddG_thats_me22 October 2019
This movie had nothing new to offer, I'm sorry to say. While I wouldn't warn anyone not to watch it, I likewise could not recommend it to anyone.

What it got wrong::

Disjointed and choppy story line. Not anything new in this genre. Camera work below average and uncomfortable to watch at times.. Everyone is a terrible shot, even the "professionals".

What is got right:

The cast was a good selection. Acting was very good. The mood of the movie put you there Nicolas Cage, even with a chihuahua hanging off his chin.

As has been reported, it starts slow and spools up at the end. If you like Nic Cage he does what he always does best, over acts a little and makes it believable.

I gave this flick a 6 mainly for NC being in it to be completely honest. Nothing special here but I don't regret watching it.
5 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth a watch
adityakes-3574125 October 2019
When it started, the opening credits looked pretty amateurish and I didn't have high hopes. But as it developed it got better and better. Still not incredible but a solid 5 rating action and worth a watch for a reasonably interesting story-line.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.