Monster Zone (2020) Poster

(2020)

decent
chekemma2 October 2020
It's ok to have a good time is has its good and bad things, it is not the best movie in the world, but I have a good teaching, it did not make me as cliche as I thought I expected an adult may not like it but a child can entertain it
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rubbish film....
darrell-2371517 September 2020
I guess people like Ruby Rose are destined to be in rubbish films, just like The Meg, which was terrible. This would be ok for a 5 year old but not any older.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing outstanding here...
paul_haakonsen21 September 2020
I sat down to watch the 2020 CGI animated movie "Cranston Academy: Monster Zone" with my 10 year old son. I hadn't heard about the movie prior to sitting down to watch it, so I didn't really know what to expect from it. However, I did read the synopsis, and I will say that it actually sold the movie well enough.

In terms of entertainment, then "Cranston Academy: Monster Zone" didn't really manage to impress me. Sure, it was watchable and had some interesting enough moments. However, it just failed to stand out amidst numerous other CGI animated movies that fared better in terms of being enjoyable and entertaining.

I did like the animation and art style that they opted to use for making "Cranston Academy: Monster Zone". And some of the 5th dimension creature designs were rather interesting. That worked well enough in favor of the movie.

However, it was the storyline that was just too mundane, and it was holding the movie back. Now, I am not saying that it was boring or anything. Not at all. It was entertaining enough for what it turned out to be. However, it just didn't manage to tip the scale to becoming impressive.

The characters in the storyline were a bit on the boring side. They were rather mundane and bland, to be bluntly honest. Aside from the mothman, whom was actually the one standing out, alongside with the hamster. However, the main characters were just generic.

We managed to sit through the entire animated movie, but weren't overly won over. I am rating "Cranston Academy: Monster Zone" a very bland and mediocre five out of ten stars. It is, however, very unlikely that I will ever return to watch this 2020 CGI animated movie a second time, as it just didn't have the script, plot or contents to support more than a single viewing.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It really is not bad what he tries but he stays alone in that.
faer_kr2 January 2021
A crazy Mexican animated movie. It is about an intelligent boy who is taken to a boarding school in England and discovers the fifth dimension where monsters come from and attack them. Animation is good. Entertaining The story at times does not make sense and many things do not, situations like this happen, simply by passing and without spinning. Many inexplicable events. The interesting thing is that in England they speak Spanish very fluently. Colorful to the extreme to hook the child audience. It fulfills its function which is to entertain but only that. Talk about teamwork, no more. It really is not bad what he tries but he stays alone in that. Light jokes and situation, but they are few moments of comedy. Predictable like all of its kind.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Film from a Family that loves Cartoon Movies and Monster Films!
btempleton-2129619 September 2020
This movie is awesome! Not your traditional paint by numbers Hollywood or Pixar style film. It's got humor, fun for kids and adults and is the kind of movie you want to see, if you're looking for something not cookie cutter, mail it in garbage that most cartoon movies have have these days. The other reviews don't call out the charm of this movie.

Great for this time of year heading into Halloween, we love monster movies and this has a bit of everything for everyone. Great for the whole family. See it!
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
tonyaberry-1137422 October 2020
I think this might be the worst children's film. It went from being mind numbingly boring to terrifying and then back again. The dialogue was dreadful and the voice acting was pretty awful too (not helped by the limp script). Jokes were few and far between and tended to focus on stereotypes. The plot was paper thin and made little sense. The one redeeming feature was some of the landscape design in the monster world.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad Plot and Preentation
dilhandma13 September 2020
Seriously this is one of the worst animated movies
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Go See The Reality
SkyStranger11 September 2020
What ... The ... HecK? Do The Person Who Wrote This, Knows Anything About The Reality? Man, The Beginning Of The Movie Was So Bad, I Didn't Saw The Rest. Anyone Who Wrote This ... Go See The Reality. At Least ... How People Think ... How People Act And How They Present And Judge Each Other. When Even The Beginning Of The Story Is Like This ... I Don't Wanna Think How The Rest Would Turn Out To Be ...
4 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring!
Elmo-8433422 September 2020
This was really really boring and meaningless stuff to watch! Expected so much just to be disappointed!
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.