2 in the Bush: A Love Story (2018) Poster

Such a smart sexy twist on the rom-com
annapulley-6412828 December 2019
I loved this movie-the sweetness, the humor, the diversity. And as a bisexual, it was so relatable. The dating scene montage remains my favorite. Would absolutely recommend to anyone looking to see queerness and polyamory in a refreshing light.
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rom-Com with a twist
gambitstudios-119 December 2019
Fun new modern twist on a rom-com... quirky, sexy and enjoyable. Also filmed in Chicago!
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you're looking for a fun bisexual polyamorous rom-com, you're in luck
dahveedcanario20 January 2020
A modern take on the rom-com formula, 2 in the Bush is a delight.

Dating is, and always has been, more complex than often portrayed. This movie doesn't shy away from that, exploring sexuality & relationship styles & expectations within an inherently enjoyable genre.

It's a bisexual tale of polyamory that is at once funny & heartwarming.

10/10 Would reccomend
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great characters, snappy dialogue, and a clever hook
lhirshf1 January 2020
This endearing romantic comedy is a fantastic example of its genre - it just happens to be a love story with three leads, instead of the usual two. The dialogue is consistently strong, the characters are adorable (I love the friendship between Emily and Rosa!), and the pacing is great. Highly recommend!
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!
junipertre32 January 2020
I've never seen a movie like this! It's a queer, polyamorous rom-com that's so sweet and charming! I'm sure there are folks that aren't gonna like it, but if you're open-minded there's so much to fall in love with. Enjoy!
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Relatable and important take on polyamory and bisexuality
paige-697955 January 2020
As a bisexual and polyamorous woman, I really appreciated this film. It's also just a generally great take on modern dating, LGBTQ visibility, and the importance of sex work.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Truly Unique
debrobins18 January 2020
This is a solid indie film with a truly unique story. Great dialogue, great performances, warm and funny. Highly recommend to those looking for a totally different kind of rom-com.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really clever and honest
hodge-kari14 February 2020
I love this movie. It presents a fresh take on modern relationships and treats it with care. The acting is fabulous and the plot is delightful
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
another attempt to change relationships between men and women
cyllancontacts27 December 2019
In this age of feminism , i found particularly interesting that this movie rates on this site

8/10 by women 18 to 29 years old and 6.3/10 by women 30 to 44

older women 44+ give this a 3.4/10

so basically the reviewers are ok sharing an alpha male between several women instead of settling for a monogamous relationship with a lower tier status

it make one think about the future of the western world when the women who are the ones to carry the next generation will share a man if he is alpha...

This movie is totally political and not in a good way
9 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Coffee
dcarroll7415 January 2020
When one hears the opening line of this movie, about the abuse of Columbian coffee pickers, one with a sense of intelligence knows that, this is going to be a piece of crap. A movie tells a story, coffee doesn't. It could be a good movie but, it's opening dictated that it wasn't going to grab the attention of the audience. I could be wrong but, this audience of one wasn't grabbed, and this audience of one was not going to waste time on this movie. I like movies but, they have to engage, the opening sequence did not. I could be wrong, I'll never know.
5 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.