Time Loop (2020) Poster

(2020)

Horrible
bentrefry3 September 2020
This movie is just horrible. The actual story line isn't too terrible as time travel stories go. Its the acting and the directing. ANYONE who witnessed this in the production stage should have put the brakes on the whole thing immediately. Hell if I was there simply to deliver lunch and caught any of the acting while they were shooting it would have stepped up and told these people that they needed to pack it all up and just go home. Not one of these people should ever be involved with acting or producing. You cant just blame the actors here the director, the producer the idiots who paid real cash dollars to put this project together should all be checked into a mad house. I know that from time to time people involved with movies all check out the reviews, so here is a message to anyone who may have had their hand in this cookie jar. Pack up any ideas you may ever have about your career in film. Find jobs in something as far from the movie industry that you can. You will be much better off.
23 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Some of the worst acting ever with numerous plot holes
iceman888691 September 2020
Absolutely horrible movie with some of the most wooden acting I have ever seen. The main character was ok, but the dad and woman were both atrocious. They had the same look, same voice tone and same emotion for EVERY scene.
32 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why ?
theunholy-13 September 2020
This movie has been made so many times already, why another one ? Why is the acting so terrible ? Is it that hard to find good actors ? Even the French character's accent sounds bogus, despite the actress actually being French ! Why so many plot holes ? Why, why, why ?

It really feels like they just had an idea for a movie and went along with it, without a script, without a storyboard... hoping they could improvise their way through.

You better watch Timecrimes. Same kind of movie and low budget as well, but they actually did a pretty decent job.
17 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful landscapes...
depozit554 September 2020
If you cut the sound, you can enjoy some picturesque landscapes filmed with a drone. I resisted for about 20 minutes to watch and understand what is wanted with this film. I did not succeed. The actors play as if they were robots made to recite love poems. The dialogues are unnatural. The script is an improvisation that defies elementary logic. Low budget is not an excuse for what happens on the screen!
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wish I had a time machine...
Oldschooldoom5 September 2020
I wish I had a time machine to get my 1:22 back. I've seen many time travel movies and episodes over the past 50 years, this is the absolute worst ever. I agree with others, terrible acting, directing and storyline.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Go back in time to fix the script
tellstar11 September 2020
I'm willing to meet any film about time travel halfway, but that's too much goodwill for this worn out tire of a film. No new ideas, and a storyline that quickly wears out its welcome. Lead actor Sam Gittins is OK, but the rest of the cast is painfully wooden, delivering lines with accents that make the dialog difficult to understand. It's interesting to see that aerial drone footage is now so inexpensive that it's become a hallmark of low-budget efforts like this, which use it as cheap filler.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I guess it sounded better at the pitch?
fad-3879811 September 2020
Terrible acting and a terrible script.

As for the story... What story?

While I admire that people want to make something, go through the funding rounds, put in the hard work and struggle with their artistic angst they should be realistic about what they can actually create / produce.

And be honest with themselves.

This has created a large CO2 footprint and landfill.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
terrible, just terrible
jamielewis-012559 September 2020
I withstood 35 minutes of awful acting and a nonsense story then just gave up. Looks like the whole thing was an excuse for a load of amateur film makers to go on a jolly to Italy. Really is one of the worst efforts ever to be made. Best actor in it is the baby pig !
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You created a paradox
nogodnomasters5 September 2020
Ricky (Sam Gittins) and Riccardo (Mino Sferra) are not from Cuba but are in Italy. In an old concrete building, they create a time machine and another low budget film. They use it and create a paradox and do the old watching themselves bit as being their future is part of their past. Ho-hum. We see Ricky drive a Vesper several times and tries not to be seen by himself. Not as good as Primer.

Guide: no sex or nudity. almost says the F word.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10/10'ers lack courage
legionofthesnowzombie22 September 2020
Twenty plus people rated this ten out of ten, but none had the courage to write a review, cowards.

This movie wasn't bad funny, but bad bad. Do something else besides watching this movie. Maybe write and direct your own movie, it seems anyone can do it.

Acting was amateur hour. Script was awful. Location was nice.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time (travel)
jacekfx13 September 2020
I watched only 10 minutes. I couldn't stand it any more. I hated when actors were in a dialogue and both were facing left. It looked like there were talking to the wall. When you show a dialogue, actors should be facing opposite directions! That is basic of filming! Who made this terrible movie?
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A bad copy of Time Crimes
roberx6 September 2020
A waste of time. This is a movie everybody has seen many times: crazy time travelling with very bad acting. If you want to watch a good time-travel film, I suggest you Time Crimes from Nacho Vigalondo.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Whoa
solonche-637-1537062 September 2020
I did not understand one thing in this movie and love paradoxes.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
always the same
ops-525351 September 2020
If you want to stretch and bend your cereballistic axons and dendrites upon the subject of timetravel, then this lowbudget,small cast british/ialian production might suit you. but to kill the spirit of it all, there aint much new and unoriginal thinking hereto, it feels like it is inspired and made as the pandemic started ravaging us in 2020, i shall not conclude but it seems struck by the moment.

there are some sound and visual effects that might clear the amateur rumour, but its not revelutionizing the timetravel business, a 4 from the grumpy old man.
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Inane beyond belief
Pawpcorn12 September 2020
OMG I TRIED!! I really did... to watch this movie. I really tried to approach this "movie" with an open mind. I genuinely DIDN'T believe all the bad reviews... It couldn't be true(!), it couldn't be accurate! Well... BOTTOM LINE, a childish plot, with childish dialog, inane story-line, and just simply... unwatchable. I gave up after about 40 or 45 minutes in, because it was getting even worse, and even more convoluted, and THAT, along with the simply dreadful cast/acting... I couldn't bear to watch another minute. Oh well!!! 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back (as they say), and YES I do regret that. Live and Learn!
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OK for low budget time travel
Quigonjay1 September 2020
Well it's not on the same level as Primer but has a similar feel to it, same low budget time travel style.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yawn.....
lunaluv3-569-44527624 January 2021
Landscape was beautiful but such a yawn getting started. Cute little piggy. Could jot really under what they were saying even though we had the volume up to 75. Really made no sense at all to me or anyone else
Great concept
ecospider520 January 2021
Production quality was low but I feel the concept made up for this.

Obviously time travel is real. Humans have made plenty of time machines. But it always screws things up so someone has to go back and stop it from being created. This has happened thousands of times in our reality.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The oddest attempt at making a time travel movie ever
pridgeondesigngroup17 January 2021
I'm giving this 2 stars for the location and drone footage. I am trying to figure out exactly what went on during the production of this film. The best answer I have is that the script was written in Italian and was translated to English by a producer's 6 year old girl. The actor who plays the father seems to be reading English for the first time without knowing how to speak English. Which might explain why in dialog scenes he doesn't look at the actors but is probably staring at cue cards out of frame. The actor who plays the son isn't bad and he is clearly is the only English speaking person on set.

The script is just gibberish. So is the "science" behind creating the time machine. If you look at the physics calculations on the wall it is just random drawings of geometric shapes - like a dissected cone and there is a drawing of a G clef from music notation with a dissection line through it. What does that mean? Lol.

This is such a half assed attempt at making a film. It was clearly shot in one day, maybe two since there are two locations.

This film has nothing to do with time travel. They could have just as easily made a film about cloning and used the same script.
Maybe Something Got Lost in Translation
ikcaj30 December 2020
Because this made absolutely no sense and I actually watched the entire thing. It's not a case of being hard to follow as it's actually easy to follow, (they even make a diagram for you), but it seems as though several important scenes were left on the cutting room floor. Plot points are introduced as though the viewer is already aware of them despite us never seeing them. And some of the lines are literally nonsense such as "time acquitted the universe", and a long diatribe about future intentions causing past events. The actor playing the father either doesn't really know how to speak English or he kept forgetting his lines, maybe both. I still don't understand exactly what the point was supposed to be.
Shaerif2 September 2020
The movie story is good but looks like they do not have high budget for the portal it's looks better in the movie poster and you may think this is a great CGI movie which isn't actually.

the movie dose not have CGI for the low budget the movie have, Good story to tell, the poster is looking great but dose not reflect actual movie. and I actually expected the ending.
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better
kennyidanrub25 November 2020
Much better time loop story than you're usual movie or tv show. This movie doesn't repeat the overdone trope of experiencing each time travel from the current time's perspective. It follows the character's perspective throughout each time going back and things start to make more and more sense. Acting isn't great but much better than other low budget firms I've seen recently. Sound is bad at times too, it seems they had issues with the mics. Overall those things can be ignored for a fun time with a small departure from your normal parallel time travel movie.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchable
davy-5400714 September 2020
A bit slow to start, but soon liven Up when the time travelling starts. When watching this movie, I had To used my brain alot, I found it a bit confusing earlier on, but the 2 Main characters do help the film Viewers alot, along the way? This is a decent movie, but watching it, reminded me of the sci/fy classic - timecrimes - as in I have seen this before? Both films Have the same sort of premise? If you haven't seen- timecrimes - No worries then? Just enjoy this film :-)
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great if you Time Films like Back to the future
vortexmanagement11 September 2020
Theres some cringes moments that jar, but all in all its a solid film with interesting story line. Kept me guessing whats going on. Good work folks.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not very bad, good idea but needs a better brainstorming.
gokhan-erguven3 September 2020
The main character and the French(?) woman are actually good on acting, but the main character's father has a poor acting. The movie does not have any visual effects at all (just the machine) and it tries to tell a time travel story. The main idea is good, but it could've been directed better with a stronger script. Not a bad movie at all, didn't disappoint me; but I expected it to be more dynamic, since it is a time travel movie and promises action.
0 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.