Doom Patrol (TV Series 2019– ) Poster

(2019– )

Weird and bizarre... but in a very good way.
micglou9 March 2019
I've seen my fair share of weird and/or bizarre tv shows, Legion for example is a real mind bender... but Doom Patrol is much more weirder and bizarre... and I love it! Great cast, great characters, great story and great scenery. This is truly something different, a show that actually dares to be different and pulls it off. I'm not familiar with the 'Doom Patrol lore' and I feel that's a good thing, until now every episode has me guessing, it's unpredictable. I hope they can keep this up!

Edit: Season has ended now... and man did it hold up until the very last episode! Never a boring episode. In my book the best comic book based TV show ever. It doesn't pull any punches. I wish more creators dare to be different like the creators of this show.
101 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A New Class of Hero
sgommer14 May 2019
Dark, disturbing, humorous a combination rarely, if ever, seen. I have enjoyed it & encourage others to check it out.
36 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The perfect balance between darkness and fun
mreverybody13 March 2019
All the episodes show flashbacks and a quite fine storytelling. I'd really love to see many crossovers. Hope this series continue for seasons and develop, why not in a movie. Before the X-men rip-off. .. There was the Doom Patrol!
72 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than I expected.
mrwijijoko15 February 2019
Oh My God...this show turned out the be so good, the very first episode hooked me, can't wait for the next episode. Definitely better than Titans.
150 out of 198 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far so good
oscarcossino7 March 2019
Loved every second of it. This series takes the DC universe to a whole new level. Amazing cast. Brendan Fraser is a stand out. Must watch for any super hero or underdog lovers.
54 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did not know i wanted....
NeutralWord15 March 2019
Came to this show expecting a tv show giving me a feeling id seen it before, just another superhero theme "milker". Yet each episode felt so fresh and new with both entertaimnent and a satisfying feeling of humor. Its more dense then a commom tv show similar to a mini series, per minute satisfaction normal weak point of even good tv is actually high. So far each episode proves its better then the last, up to this point ive seen 1-5. Just 1-5 feels like its given me a similar story as many other shows done with a full 12 season.
49 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pleasantly surprised!
Such a good series with great characters. Having to wait each week is difficult but worth the wait!
39 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DCU has taken their game to a whole new level
rrrudra16 February 2019
After the huge success of Titans my hopes were high for this show and it has absolutely stood up to my expectations . I'm not going to be political and compare this with certain shows from certain franchise, All i can say is that this deserves a watch over everything that's going on in February 2019.
96 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredible
dubemellis15 February 2019
Just when i was calling Titans the best DC series, the Doom patrol came along. This is a very good start. I hope they can keep it this way.
101 out of 147 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DC Universe is on a role!
TheFarscapeProject74715 February 2019
First there was the show that nobody wanted nor did they think would be good, myself included, the dark and awesome Titans. Than there was the return of Young Justice, and finally we have arrived at one of the most bizarre corners of the DC Universe with the bizarre and awesome Doom Patrol. I'll admit I never heard of them until seeing their episode of Titans, after which I went and bought some of the comics and based on what I read they have really given their all in this adaptation. The cast all bring these outcasts to life perfectly, it reminds me of the Hellboy comics and movies about a bunch of misfits that hide themselves away for fear of rejection and hatred just because they are different. But despite all that when the people who would reject them are in danger these misfits still fight to save anyone who needs it. And of course what's a bizarre superhero team without an equally bizarre villain in Mr Nobody played by Alan Tudyk who knows how to be sinister when he wants to be, and he has i think was a donkey? Anyway def check this show out, if you liked what you saw in the DP episode of Titans well you ain't seen nothing yet.
122 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is going to be rad.
Bwent16 February 2019
It hits all the high notes warner brothers was never able to reproduce in any of its recent cinematic outings. delightfully weird in an interesting way. intriguing story, great cast, good writing, excellent style. you'll love these characters. except for cyborg, he sucks. but if this show and titans are a sign of things to come from the DC streaming service, i think it's safe to say that this is THE place to go for quality superhero content. i'm on board. and you should be too.
69 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doom Patrol So Good
husseindaifallah14 March 2019
From the first episode I was hooked, It's a great superhero show, and a good job from DC, Graphics and effect are so good, story good.
28 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WATCH THIS SHOW!
theunleashedgamr16 February 2019
I was so so excited coming into this show, the trailer released yesterday was the best trailer for tv show I've ever seen. Now. This pilot may be one of my fav pilots of any show! An absolutely fantastic episode to start off this show. It does not start with humour as you'd expect, it goes very deep into backstories but besides that, there are multiple aspects of humour which is handled very well. The performances are also fantastic, especially from Brendan Fraser who really captures the character very well. All performances are great. The budget seems to be much higher than titans had, the effects, set design and the tone of the show feels very high budgeted. I do advise not watching this with family in the room, there is nudity and sex a few minutes in and another scene half way through the episode. Overall, a amazing start to this show with incredible potential. I'd rate this 9.8/10
52 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally a DC show with some balls
Kanocoolbananas1 March 2019
I enjoyed Titans but this is far superior. An amazing cast who give top performances. Well written characters and great direction.

Been a long time since I enjoyed a pilot as much as Doom Patrol.
26 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing character driven show!
mystx9014 May 2019
The best dc show to date. If you like good character driven shows this is for you! Casting and the acting is great way better than Titans.
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a treat
hare_t9 March 2019
This show is loads of fun and keeps you guessing. No I don't read the comics so I will not jump on the "purity" bandwagon. Cliff is a fun character and adding magic into the mix makes it even more enjoyable. The characters are flawed and show it just like regular people and I just love it. DC try not to eff this up.
20 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pained and agonising
redandgreenmonkey26 May 2019
I didn't know the majority of these characters - only Cyborg - so had no expectations of their depictment or of the Doom Patrol as a collective. I do, though, have an expectation for DC to be darker, more grounded, their heroes to have more of an edge. This is what I heard the show was going to be, so all good!

However, whilst the show is dark, humorous and edgy, it's also endless introspection of pained and agonising characters endlessly being pained and agonised. Every episode is whiney and snivelling "heroes" constantly being "woe is me". It's ultimately grating. It feels like being a babysitter to a bunch of 4 year olds away from their parents for the first time.

And the back stories... Well, the show is one endless back story. One back story leads to the next, which delves into the back story behind the back story... 15 episodes later and there's been no real story I can relate.

At this moment I feel like a bad gambler chasing a losing streak. "I've put 8 hours in, if I put the 9th hour in it'll have been worth it." "I've put 9 hours in now, if I put..." "I've put 10 in..." Well, I'm up to about 15 now, not sure if I'll gamble on S2 to put the 16th in.

For all my own pain and being agonised, it's not an awful show. If you like the Oprah shows of people emerging from childhood abuses + Twin Peaks + Remo/Doc Savage, then you'll love this. Personally, love the humour of Remo/DS, the weirdness of Lynch is always appreciated (but in small doses), but I don't do the endless tears and heartstrings of Oprah.

It has all the correct ingredients to be a great show. It's just the quantities are so far off it's miss, and thus a bigger disappointment as it's close.
16 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DC Universe Streaming service never ceases to amaze.
ToastAuBeurre16 February 2019
Love how they present the story. Breaking 4th wall, Alan Tudyk narration. Short, but complex enough, tease about characters origins. Looks sharp and on point.

My only hope, there be enough people in US, whom subscribe to DC streaming service, so the rest of us can enjoy the show.

P.S. If any DC people reading this, please do not block VPN. Waiting for Netflix release is painful.
52 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Irreverent Rocking Good Fun!
skip-9875622 February 2019
From the get go you could feel the vib of this show and you Know, its gonna rock! Brenden frasier just sells this series, what a character! Crazy funny,endearing and sad all at once...The multiple personality girl with the Hammerhead personality , OMG! what a firecracker! these 2 are my favorites! the cast has chemistry and the uncensored mouths on all of them is a treat and really lets the writers take things over the top for great fun...this show has something of the vib of dc titans though its funny and lite ,alittle sad at times whereas the dc titans is Very serious ,intense, gritty and raw.....there is another show out at the same time called Umbrella society. about a small group of young superhero types ..im watchin both but THIS show is head and shoulders above that one....it tries to have the flow of this show but never quite achieves it...This is a very different super hero show, a light watch, it will make you feel for its characters and it will make you laugh..a super show!
31 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow,I honestly can't believe I said Titans was the best
paulchristechgod16 February 2019
Titans started off on a good note but ended up going slow and the character development wasn't very impressive,but WOW,when Doom Patrol just dropped it's first episode I was honestly very surprised and impressed.They went straight to telling the characters' story and that was very amazing.I am a bit disappointed that they didn't introduce Cyborg at the time.The acting,directing and script writing of this show was off the top amazing.The coytus of the pilot was a bit too much for the intro but it isn't a con. Forget the Arrowverse shows(Even though they are still very good)for a second and start watching this show immediately.Atleast they made room for some light-hearted-ish comedy and feel to the show.The villain of the story is very intriguing,I'd like to see how the Doom Patrol will deal with him.DC Universe is really stepping up their game this year and I hope to see more improvements(Ya hear that Titans).Awesome work on the show Doom Patrol crew.

Rating for the show:9.5/10
36 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
'Salright.
I-do-declare13 May 2019
Grant Morrison's run on Doom Patrol is one of my favourite comics ever, so I might be being a bit harsh on this. The bits which they translate to the screen, they generally translate pretty well: the episode about the Underground is very well done (and has great sound!); Danny the Street is the Danny the Street we know and love, if a little more Twitter-fied than they were back in the 90s. But there's a fair amount of strange detail that's been lost, too, and the things which replace it just don't have the same flavour as the comics. The series is very much focused on the characters' emotional arcs, and while the growing relationship between Cliff and Crazy Jane gave the comics a lot of their emotional power, it wasn't done at the expense of taming the stories' wilder elements. This show tries hard, but (as of the first season, at least) it lacks the atmosphere of creepy absurdity which the comic did so well. Instead of a supervillain who's the ghost of a mirror, we're given a farting donkey. Instead of dead bodies kept in line with Victorian fairytales, we have a deadly swarm of butts-with-teeth. Instead of the campy, anarchic mastermind who assembled the League of Dada we have a stock villain who occasionally breaks the fourth wall to say things like "Nyer, come and get me, Doom Patrol."

But! It's Doom Patrol. For each disappointment there's something to keep you watching. I liked Rita's character a lot, Animal Vegetable Mineral Man gets a look-in, and they managed to include the Hero of the Beach without getting sued. There's a lot to like - I just wish it was a bit more than it is.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm really loving this so far.
CountVladDracula10 March 2019
I am really liking Doom Patrol so far. All the characters are relatable and sympathetic and dysfunctional. It's fun, quicky, and doesn't shy away from science and magick.

That's one thing DC has on Marvel. Marvel seems afraid to truly delve into its supernatural content but DC doesn't shy away from it at all.

I especially love Alan Tudyk. Alan Tudyk is fantastic as the narrator / Mr. Nobody. He has a theatrical flare that I dare say reminds me of Vincent Price. He also has a great sardonic delivery. If they ever adapt The House of Mystery or Neil Gaiman's Sandman he'd make a fantastic Cain.
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really good
misimester-5837622 February 2019
Glad to see DC stepping up their game. Definitely worth a watch.
24 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This leaves Titans limping far behind it.
d-alston2 March 2019
I don't know anything about the comics on which this was based, so I've no idea how true to the source material it is, but: This is an intriguing, dark and funny show with an original flair and engaging characters. It probably comes closest to resembling the 2009 Watchmen movie in tone and atmosphere, and is vastly superior to Titans, which is its charmless, messy and forgettable progenitor. I hope this one continues and stays true to the standards that have been set in the first three episodes, and I'm pretty sure that it will, since the team really seem to know what they're doing and what they want the show to be.
15 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cute new show!
inkjunkyluvsspanky8 March 2019
Funny and amusing and just all around fun! 😊😊😊😊 cant wait to see more!
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.