The Enemy Within (TV Series 2019) Poster

Jennifer Carpenter is back!!
rekless833 March 2019
This is a show with good twist in the story line. of course there isnt too much info since we are only one episode in, but the potential is there. Chestnut and Carpenter make good opposites. You can tell this season is going to get intense. I would be really disappointed if there wasnt another season after this.
36 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Give it a chance!
penni-113 March 2019
Glad I didn't read the overly critical reviews of the PILOT episode before I watched it. Honestly I have never seen a pilot that I was blown away by. I did find the plot similar to The Blacklist, but so what? It kept my interest and I will watch more episodes.
50 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice the be the smartest person in the room even if you are a prisoner
youraveragecouple17 March 2019
I have mixed feeling about this show right now, but can see it growing. Jennifer Carpenter plays her role very well IMHO. I get some of her reasoning for what she did does not really make sense, but that is OK for now. It may turn it to be more complicated. I also see the similarity between this and the Blacklist, but actually it is quite different. The easiest difference is the fact that Reddington turned himself in and offered up people on the list. People our government didn't know about. Either way...time will tell where this goes. I gave it a 7 because so far I am enjoying it.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I've Lost Trust in Rotten Tomatoes
cynthia_ann_davis19 May 2019
I've followed "Rotten Tomatoes" for years but they disappointed me on this one. This show is well-written with excellent actors and I didn't think I had to worry at all about it being renewed. Every episode has been brilliant.
18 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Typical, predictable but watchable
thomasdvail26 February 2019
The concept and some of the acting results in so much potential. Character development is weak and the pace is quickened by old plot twists and expected...almost purposeful forced drama that patronizes the viewer. I hope it gets better since many of the actors are very good.
32 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Popcorn Entertainment
srosen727 February 2019
Yes, we've seen this plot before, but, nevertheless, entertaining. Jennifer Carpenter is terrific in lead role. Maybe I have a low bar when it comes to tv shows so that's why the low ratings surprise me. Acting is decent, writing is decent and storyline is decent. I do like shows like this: Blacklist, Blind Spot, etc. They are in no way stand out tv shows, but for me, they are an hour of fun entertainment and sometimes that's all I need
44 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oops!
dcturner5827 February 2019
Really? She knocks her tooth out to escape. All teeth intact next scene.
49 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well done
handsomepackers26 March 2019
I enjoy this show. Some errors, but still interesting and intense. Carpenter is superb-I have always enjoyed her performances. I like The Blacklist but I enjoy Enemy more.
21 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Been done before.
iix-3142226 February 2019
Nothing new here. It's like the black list before they went crazy. Little twist and turn at the end of the episode to lure you back next week. The car chase at the end was laughable. Not going to be back for more and sure not going to invest 12 more hours of my life to see the end result that I already know. It's too bad. I really wanted to see the two lead actors bounce back from their previous failed shows.
63 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cuts
mcruddas19 March 2019
Story line not new but l can forgive it for that but unwatchable due to the fact in one minute of viewing there must be 40 edit shots which is so distracting but if you play the drinking game a shot of booze per cut you will be passed out in 5 minutes
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Breathtakingly stupid and illogical. Show's creators forgot to include plausible premise.
altereggo12326 February 2019
This show is fast-paced and intense, with great locations and decent acting. Sadly, the premise is fatally flawed.

A brilliant CIA analyst gives a terrorist the information he needs to kill several people, gets caught, and ends up in a SuperMax prison. Three years later she turns around and helps the government catch the terrorist she gave the information to. Why?

She finally admits that she helped the terrorist because he threatened to kill her daughter, i.e. she is a good person, not a real traitor. Why didn't she explain this when she was caught and sentenced? Because she didn't want her daughter to know that people died to save her. I guess it's better that the daughter thinks that her mother helped kill people for no reason at all? And better for her daughter grow up alone, thinking that her mother, locked away in Supermax, is one of the worst traitors in US history. Seriously?

The weepy scene in which the brilliant CIA analyst explains that she is now helping the government so she can be a good mother is one of the worst I have seen in a while.

I would have put up with a much crazier scenario that had a hint of intelligence. I can't keep watching a show that is this dumb.
67 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blacklist?
selvaggio_vincenzo27 February 2019
I'm watching this and this feels a lot like The Blacklist. Anyone agreed?
53 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome series!
GKoeneke22 May 2019
This is a good one. The plot was pretty good. Like Blindspot and The Blacklist, this setups to be a good series with smart writing. I hope they keep it going.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty poor
jtags-8405926 February 2019
Was going to give it 3 as the episode was finishing but then saw the bit where she gave up the four names to save her daughter where we're supposed to understand she's actually a good person. Just one of those rubbish plots in movies and tv series that just is lazy. How many lives is it worth than to save someone you care for? If you can give up 4 that what's 40 or 400. Thus it gets a 2. The plot is full of holes and is like high school teenager wrote a spy story. The so-called 'brilliance' of the traitor and the evil genius is pretty pathetic. Also the IEDs at the end with the car chase, seriously is that the way a genius would set a trap to take out agents? Utterly ridiculous and weak.
50 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tired plot and doesn't really make sense
bertsienna-9139026 February 2019
Smells a little too much like The Blacklist to me. Right from the opening scene: She knows she's gonna be arrested, so she gets down on her knees and awaits the agents. Once in custody, she gets the Red Reddington treatment, all locked up like Hannibal Lecter. The way she gives the room a once over and then knows everything about everyone is a little too corny for me. Only James Spader can pull that off. Here's the big question I have: The only reason they needed her help was because she worked for and spied for Tal. Once she tells them the real reason she gave the names and that she DIDN'T work for or spy for Tal...why would they have any use for her? If you like Homeland and The Blacklist and you don't do a lot of critical thinking, then you might like this show.
41 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchable Only Because of Jennifer Carpenter
frankie14262226 February 2019
The premise is extremely flawed. A highly intelligent, skilled CIA Agent chooses prison over telling the truth to spare her daughter the burden?? That's just unrealistic and hard to over look.

Morris Chestnut is out of his range for this character. His acting isn't good and the writers don't help him because they seem confused about him.

The only bright spot and the only thing keeping the interest is Jennifer Carpenter. Unlike another reviewer she is absolutely perfect for this character.
18 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love this show
wjenrob21 May 2019
This is my favorite show! Great action and drama, along with a great cast!
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing new but fills a Gap
nobarings26 February 2019
Wacthed the first episode it's not the worst but there is definitly room for improvement. Morris Chestnut's character is all over the place you can't help but think that he is channelling Jack Bauer at times and then he does a complete 180 and is a different person. I loved Jennifer Carpenter in Dexter but I dunno if she is suited to play this role - a female super villian who is misunderstood . Both roles are too big for the 2 of them , it will be nice to see how they tackle it. The premise of the show is pretty straight forward sleeper agents in the USA but instead of them being Russians like in the show Americans these are Arabs. So is it worth a watch ? Yes , will we continue to watch it once Jack Ryan season 2 gets released ? No, It fills a need for fans of the Action Thrillers genre since there are none on TV right now but will there be a huge fan following , I highly doubt it .
21 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 2
ernesteva7 June 2019
This was one of the best shows I seen. Why wasn't it continued with a season 2?
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love her and I love him
cashmerephotography30 May 2019
It's really an amazing series!! I'm so excited to see the second season not only for my personal mind but I guess for everyone. They have so much to tell! Congratulations! It's really an amazing show even if I'm watching different styles but this one has captured me for different reasons! It's more than a psychological great tv series. Congrats for the cast and the director!
FBI/CIA
Erica Shepherd, a woman with a plan that keeps you guessing which side she is on, till the last minute of the series. Hopefully there will be a second season, as this was one of those shows that one may binge on.
Blacklist: FBI Edition
lm49831 March 2019
Stupid premise, but good cast that sold it. This is not an Emmy award winning show, but to my surprise I did enjoy it. I will watch more, but expect this to be cancelled soon.

The story revolves around a brilliant former CIA agent serving time for treason who has a unique set of skills that the FBI needs to stop a terrorist threat. Think Blackhat. There are a few "twists" that almost anyone could see coming, but that did not spoil it for me. If you're looking for great, well-done TV, keep moving - nothing to see here. But if you just need to escape reality for an hour, give it try.
20 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Have a Couple of Questions.
davidfurlotte14 March 2019
As more than a few people have said, it looks a lot like The Black List. However, that being said, the first episode brought up a couple of questions that I have to ask.

So, Tal is this incredible terrorist with hundreds or thousands of agents EVERYWHERE and at the beginning, we're led to believe there's over 100,000 "agents" in the U.S. everywhere. But here's the first trick. TAL is responsible for killing a lot of people and was trying to kill TONS of people which makes me wonder why our super smart FBI agent hasn't bothered to ask WHY the CIA analyst was kidnapped and is STILL alive? What was so important about her to keep her alive? The second question comes out as a result of Episode two. IF it is so almighty important for the FBI to provide protection for the traitor's daughter because TAL would exact revenge if he found out that she was helping the FBI, why is she fine with EVERYBODY knowing that she's working WITH the FBI? Surely she can't believe that a couple of agents can keep TAL from killing her daughter if he wanted her dead?

Plot holes are looking bigger and bigger. I may be back as the series progresses to add a few more.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The lame over-dramatics are a joke
TheTopDawgCritic24 March 2019
Seriously, she's that dangerous she needs shackles? Gimme a break... this is a daytime soap opera playing in an evening prime-time slot, nothing more. Cheesy writing and cheesy acting. And the director needs to invest in a gimbal or tripod or ease up on the coffee-shakes, as the handheld bouncing around camera shots are annoying. A generous 5/10 from me
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wanderfull
lubna-mukdad15 May 2019
O M G how jennifer are an amazing actor , I loved this so so much
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.