Chucky (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Old story, new perspective
yusufpiskin19 October 2021
Everyone who loved the first movies so much, lynched this production aimlessly.

This is ridiculous, because this show is better than most of the 'chucky' movies.

Moreover, Zachary Arthur has done a very good acting.

Old story, new perspective.

An above average production.
78 out of 131 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great to have chucky back
Pukeonthestreet25 October 2021
After the star studded but off brand reboot, it's great to have our actual chucky back with the creators and some original cast back too. It's weird how the show goes from cheesy to serious but chucky as an anti hero is a great take. The humor was always the most important part to me and I'm glad it's still intact. Also nick's touch can be seen in it too but not so heavy handedly.
54 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Interesting
sallianmanyi-4499712 October 2021
It is starting out great, and is a must-see(may be too early to say it will always be awesome). A decent amount of horror, and hopefully a change for the better.
106 out of 193 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AdrienneGrayceMusic13 October 2021
I based my 9/10 rating on the pilot episode only. There are a lot of jump scares but I actually love those. The show does a great job of keeping you in suspense. It was casted well. The series is better than the last 4 remakes of the chucky movies. Don't get me started on the last chucky movie that didn't even look or sound like him. The series started just in time for halloween so I'm digging those fall halloween vibes. I'm liking where they are taking this series. I was worried when i first heard about a chucky tv series, But now that I have seen the first one, I'm confident that this series will last. The writers, producers, special effects team, and actors are all great. Hopefully the rest of the season Don't let us down.
105 out of 200 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too childish
rodriguezgeo20 October 2021
I have been a fan of Chucky since 1988, I have watched and loved every movie. I was very excited for the Chucky TV series but after watching the first 2 episodes, I can already see where this show is headed. This show isn't for adults, it seems like this show is targeted to 14 year olds. They are trying to make Chucky "woke" and "politically correct" and it's not working, it doesn't fit at all. It comes off as pandering, and it just feels so unnatural. This show feels like an insult to us original Chucky fans, us who have been watching the Chucky movies since the very beginning, I guess it's more important to appeal to woke 14 year olds. Politics should stay out of horror, that's what was so great about past Chucky movies, he had no limits, he was ruthless and they didn't have unnecessary scenes to show how Chucky was "politically woke". We don't watch Chucky to have a political agenda shoved down our throat. The show has Chucky in the name, but it will probably eventually turn into a woke teenage love story drama and Chucky will just be a side character. Very disappointed.
38 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ridiculous
dutch_devastator3 December 2021
I've managed to watch the first 4 episodes, but that was it. The story is ridiculous, the acting very bad. I wasn't expecting a realistic story, but it was so bad. Don't watch it. It's an insult to the movies.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
On god don't make a season two to this dumb show
nytaviagilliam2 December 2021
This show is stupid I don't know how it's getting good reviews at all . One, this is based around 14 YEAR OLDS so why are they cussing at adults and in every single sentence ,drinking, smoking, partying, and implying sex? This is also bad acting and a terrible script !! I literally came up with a better one. The way that the people that died in the first few episodes literally made no sense at all. Honestly, there's so many dumb things in the show that the show as a whole is just idiotic , and that's crazy because it had so much potential. Get me on the script or something I'll make it way better! But if not me then somebody PLEASE!!! Cause it can never in a million years be a good show without a whole different script, different actors and a different plot. Just absolutely dumb as heck.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Want to see little kids drool for each other?
metintatari21 October 2021
Then this is for you. I feel disturbed whenever I see little kids, boy or girl doesnt matter, have to portray romantic reletionships wheter be it straight or gay. Leave the poor kids alone and focus on your story. This one is not as disgusting as "Cuties" (yet) as said boys only have to drool for at each other with lust for someone elses entertainment, but I'm sure it will get there eventually. So before you decide to watch this with your kids first do a preview yourself first.
33 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny, stylish, and a great continuation
adotson-9823313 October 2021
"Chucky" is a very surprisingly enjoyable show. It's got all the things you'd want to see in a Child's Play show. With fun gore, quick pacing, and some surprisingly good messages. This show is heading in the right direction

Starting off with the good. The acting is really good. Everyone in the show plays the role either really well, or so over the top that it works for this source material. Of course Brad Dourif is great once again as Chucky. The show also has great pacing. The first episode moved very quickly. I also liked how funny the show was. There were quite a few jokes that made me laugh. And finally this show really incorporates great messages about, bullying, and LGBT. I think that's a very great thing to talk about, and it added some nuance to the characters

I have a few issues with the show. The style of the show while great, at times can get a little too much. And it kinda feels like they're struggling to balance that comedy, and horror. And finally I don't think it's necessary to retell Chucky's backstory.

But still aside from that "Chucky" is a really fun, and promising series with good acting, fast pacing, some great callbacks, and some really great messages that help the show feel more nuanced.
72 out of 141 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty Bad
rfieldj25 October 2021
I don't know how anyone could actually stick with this series. I got through the first episode and it was so boring I kept falling asleep. The Chucky character isn't the worst part. It's the rest that left me yawning. It's another example of why reboots just never work.
32 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loving it already and hooked!
natashialw13 October 2021
Couldn't have asked for anything better so far! What a great start to this series and I hope this never ends! I know tons of amazing thrills are in store for us!
89 out of 183 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage. Chucky was more realistic in 1988
Jonathanraven19807 November 2021
So I tried watching this. I tried... and tried. And tried. This was just... so bad... I couldn't bear it. I loved Child's Play, but this is just pure garbage. No other way to put it. My apologies to the actors/actresses but this is just terrible. Chucky somehow looks even more fake, in 2021 than in 1988... how is that even possible? I won't get into other details because this show already wasted enough of my time. Avoid at all costs.
27 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lame
Michael_Arm2 November 2021
Terrible acting except for Chucky....the actors are awful and way too over the top. The main character looks awkward and is uncomfortable to watch. His scenes and acting are unrealistic.....for a kid who is hiding a killer doll you'd think he'd be a little more discreet when practicing his stabbing methods. He's not the only bad actor as the show is filled with them. The blonde girl is an easy to hate character between her personality and terrible acting i'm not sure which is worse.

I'll still watch the series because of Chucky and the only screams are over the acting and terrible writing.
26 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The only scary thing here is bad acting.
Almost_Soldout3 November 2021
Am I the only person who think that doll is acting better and looks more realistic than the rest of the team?

As for the show it's quite alright but definitely not a must see.
24 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total garbage - another FF classic
jritty28 November 2021
I feel sad that people today have JUNK like this to watch... I thought we were going to get a nice old school thriller like the original..but this, this is pure crap. Not one likable character - everyone is a horrible person, especially these kids. Nothing to like about this show, just like most of the 'entertainment' we get today. Not one good thing to say about except for the doll effects. Poor Brad Dourif. The man had pure acting talent (see exorcist III) and this is what he has to do for a buck. Child's Play as a franchise was in the toilet with Cult of Chucky but this series is the big flush. Bad acting and writing and directing...it's a laughable mess that can only be watched on fast forward. Sad...
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely Awful RIP chucky
colinvernon30310 November 2021
I loved the Child's play and Chucky movies But this nonsense and absolutely terrible !! With the young boy that looks like Zendaya got a smack of a Shovel and looks like he wants to cry all the time .. A woke Chucky with a awful cast.. I just wanted Chucky to kill them all by episode 2 it's Fkn awful.
34 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I hope this isn't how people really interact nowadays.
jamesonscott-1312917 October 2021
The story jumps all over the place in tone. One minute he's attempting to discard chucky, the next they're doing an anti bullying ventriloquist bit. One scene he's discovering a victim of chucky and is being stalked by the doll, then cut to them casually sitting at a table next to each other. The dialogue is cringingly unnatural. Who comforts a grieving person by stating, "staying hydrated is vey important."
29 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bore fest
kemal-4487723 October 2021
A legit bore fest. Doesn't feel like horror and the protagonist is annoying. Things happen just so they have to. Chucky for sale in a garage sale? Ok... The protagonist, a teenage boy, building a statute out of doll parts? (just so he'd buy Chucky btw) Yeah whatever.. Pass.
28 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not enough chucky
tvcarsd31 October 2021
Too much back story about characters you don't care about. Even watching this trash at x2 or x3 speed isn't fast enough to cut through the tripe you must endure just to see your 2 minutes of Chucky per episode. Massive let down.
57 out of 121 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destroyed
nency3 November 2021
Where do they find the actors? Not even one good one except for the doll. The story is ok and I would have loved the show, but I can't see through the bad acting. It's impossible.
24 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slasher series done right
Nightmarelogic4 November 2021
One of the hardest tv series to write is actually a horror/slasher series. Writing 2 hours worth of murder and mayhem is easy writing 10 is alot harder and in television there needs to be more of a story involved. So you have to mix and match the two. Child's Play has always been an odd mix of story and mayhem anyway so it was a perfect movie franchise to turn into a tv series.

Having the Chucky Series focus on bullying and the effects it has on Jake, a troubled young gay boy's psyche was an interesting idea. By also including the people around him as actual people including his main tormenters Lexy the female bully who goes too far in her mistreatment of Jake and Jake's popular cousin who has troubles of his own was a good idea. And it also includes a possible romance between Jake and Devon. It is a young romance because it involves 14 year olds so don't expect too much other then flirting and hand holding and possibly in the future a chaste kiss. However all the teenage characters are well thought out. The adults is a different story. Maybe they will be better drawn in the future but this is still a horror series that should be watched by Fans of the Child's Play series,
23 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You do know Don Mancini is gay, right?
barisaxnate14 October 2021
People mad that Chucky is "for the gays" now is hilarious. The whole series has been about a character trapped in the wrong body. Don Mancini, the writer and creator of Chucky, is gay. I'm really looking forward to see Nica, Kyle, Andy, Tiffany, and more to show up. Bring on the gay.
61 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not even entertainingly bad
coldbeef19222 December 2021
Where do I even start? The characters are terrible, not likable, and the things they do don't make sense for what are supposed to be 14 year olds. They're partying and drinking/getting high all the time before they start focusing on Chucky. One of them, according to a neighbor, throws a huge halloween party "every year", so I guess he's been throwing parties with alcohol and drugs since he was 10? The story is boring, and all over the place. It will bring up details from any one of the past movies, but then immediately will go and contradict other parts of the story written by the same movies (Most notably the way Charles ends up getting into the police chase at the start of "Child's Play"). Not even the kills are good in this, and again some don't even make any sense. I didn't go into this series thinking it would be great, but I thought it would at least be entertaining like *most* of the Child's Play movies...boy was I wrong.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No horror, just boredom
georgyanageo24 October 2021
I've only watched the first 2 episodes but I can say that I'm utterly dissapointed. I'm a huge fan of Chucky and I've seen all the movies, including the 2019 one which was a disaster, but not as big as this one. The only thing I enjoy about this series is Chucky's authetincity in the voice, laughter and some jokes, but that's it. He's not acting like a true serial killer, not to mention that the murders are not explicit as in the previous movies and the teen reacts so calmly when learning about Chucky's identity and his actions.

Overall, the new chucky series gives very modern vibes which make it seem even more fake and it is very unrealistic; nevertheless I'll continue watching for the comeback of the old actors, especially Jennifer Tilly.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chucky is a fine sharp leading and bleeding cut man!
blanbrn4 November 2021
If you were a fan of the "Child's Play" movie franchise then this new extension and carry on of the character and story called "Chucky" is a must see TV watch! As the "Syfy/USA" series is fun, and sharp with fright blood gore fear in a clever and satiric like way. Set in a nice ideal like town of the well to do suburbs with likeable folks, Jake(Zach Wheeler) who's a bullied gay teen doesn't have much or many friends to help, however when he buys a vintage good guy doll at a yard sale things change a scary bond is formed! As this little toy carries an evil past spirit wise, in which involves an old serial killer, still "Chucky" has plans to help out Jake. The game plan involves making trouble and a blood like hell life for those who have picked and bullied Jake in life and at school! It's a mix of characters and modern life involving relationships and really a great origin story. The episode are fun and scary with "Chucky" being an evil sadistic friend till the end!
23 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.