The Gentlemen (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 28 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence, language throughout, sexual references and drug content|
Sex & Nudity
- It is implied a man performed sexual acts on a pig.
- A woman grabs sensually her husband's clothed crotch it's only for few seconds and not much happens, not explicit.
- A man makes occasional homosexual remarks to another man to make him uncomfortable.
- Many different sexual reference, such as "w*nking into a hanky"
- A woman is put into a compromised position, implying a man intends to rape her. No nudity and nothing happens.
Violence & Gore
- Some bloody shootings and beatings.
- Several people are shot, both on and offscreen, with each shooting accompanied by a splattering of blood.
- A man is knocked out of an apartment building's window. He's seen falling, and later, a shot of a pool of blood surrounding his dead body.
- Someone enters an apartment with a machete. It is later implied that he killed the inhabitants before threatening the last one with his now-bloodied machete. As he leaves, he wipes the blade clear of his prints
- A man is run over by a train offscreen. We hear a crunch sound and see blood splatter all over a brick wall
- Several young men known as the "Toddlers" film themselves fighting a group of older men, calling it "fight porn" and posting the video online. One of their victims is later seen with a bruised face and black eye.
- Two men are hit by an oncoming bus when their speeding car runs a light. The car flips in slow motion. A man gets out of the car and we see blood dripping from his mouth.
- A man single-handedly roughs up a group of young hoodlums armed with knives
- Two corpses are seen in freezers.
- A woman shoots two men between the eyes (we see bloody bullet holes and the men fall dead to the floor)
- A man is shot in the crotch. Another man is then shot in the head. We see the bloody wound and blood on the wall behind him.
- Two men driving a car are shot at multiple times by hoodlums with assault rifles.
- A man is shot in the head with blood mists.
- 134 uses of "fuck", 27 uses of "cunt", 40 uses of "shit", and other expletives throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- References to marijuana, cocaine and heroin. Marijuana is seen being grown and smoked, heroin is seen being prepared.
- Some drinking and smoking. A character is shown drunk.
- The plot revolves around selling marijuana and heroin.
- It's strongly implied that a young woman dies from a heroin overdose.
- Fletcher smokes marijuana while he is around Raymond
- A man rolls up a joint of marijuana and smokes it in front of several drug addicts.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Various threats and implied deaths.
- Some of the freezer scenes may be frightening for some audiences
- The near rape scene is very intense