The Stand at Paxton County (2020)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 8 items
|MPAA||Rated R for some violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and a woman have sex, both are naked, the woman is covered by a blanket, the man is naked but only visible from the side.
- This movie has no nudity. The sex scene cuts away before the underwear is off. They wake up naked, but camera angles and strategically placed bedding conceal the genitalia and breasts.
- Later in the movie, a female barges in on a male who is showering. His private parts are concealed. She was impatient only because she had important information. This scene is non-sensual.
Violence & Gore
- A man talks vulnerable seniors into killing, a man impales the back of his head on a hammer, a man is kicked in the forehead by a horse and dies.
- A couple of hand to hand combat scenes involve farm tools like shovels. Most of the impact moments aren't particularly graphic, if they are shown at all. The bleeding wounds are probably at a PG-13 level. The same is true of the gun fights.
- A few "f" bombs, a few common words but not in excess, the language used is not excessive and situation appropriate.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some alcohol is consumed by the major characters, a man appears to be drunk, a woman appears to be drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are a few tense and frightening scenes including intimidation and the use of fear, a man killing a horse, and a man committing suicide (the gun shots are heard but nothing is seen), a man and a woman have a tense fight, with the man getting killed.