Astro Kid (2019) Poster

(2019)

My daughters review
dwarish25 August 2019
My little girl loved this movie. She especially liked flash and where Astrokid risked his life to help his friends. She greatly enjoyed the entire film and asked me to highlight the wood shelled guy, all the plants and the hailstorm as some of her favorite scenes. She also asked that I rate this as 600 million thousand. As a parent I would rate this a 7. Good messages in it and some touching relationships between characters.
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty Good Movie
samnlm29 August 2019
Amazing graphics: very colorful once the Astro Kid begins exploring the planet with his robot. I enjoy a good story in any genre and this one is not bad at all.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pleasant
ijameson31 August 2019
A boy gets lost, finds friends, and grows up.

Definitely aimed at children around 10 years old. At 90 minutes it's not too long, it's a nice story, and the animation is quite good.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Animation aims for children, but I completely enjoyed it...
basyirstar16 September 2019
Just enjoyed the film. We rarely seen movies with kid explore the space. Hope to see the kid grow up in the next film.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cute as can be
DoubleORoos25 August 2019
Go see this when you feel depressed, it will make you feel good. Beautifully made, great designed somewhat imitated by Starwars if you pay attention yet it's still a delight to watch.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice
ssjsolidsnake18 October 2019
If you or your kids like Wall E you will probably like this The visuals and animations are amazing, I love the creature designs, there are not many space exploration stories for kids out there and this is certainly a nice one.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This may be for very small children.
nicolasmaczk25 August 2019
I can watch kid's animated movies and I mostly love them all, the stories are always nicely done. But this one...It's as uneventful as it gets, nothing happens from start to finish. It's not a "feel good" movie, it's not an "adventure" movie, it's barely sci-fi but at the end it's nothing. I don't understand how such a poor story got such beautiful CG. "Astro kid" gets separated from his parent at the start and the movie fails completely to make you feel that this is a key moment. The writers threw a bunch of "things to do" for "Astro kid" that are resolved in minutes, after a hour I understood that nothing will happen, there's no tension, no build up, the only time I felt something was when "Astro kid" had to say goodbye to "Flash". Maybe very small children who don't really understand words yet will love the CG, but I don't think it'll hold against a disney/pixar/... or any other studio. Such a waste of CG. The artists are great, the only "weird" thing was the beatle, it makes no sens in the rest of the CG. I wouldn't recomend this movie for kids, only if they're under 3 or 4. Adults, forget it, it's just a bunch of nice CG put together.
3 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.