"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Slay Anything (TV Episode 2020) Poster

Delightfully Devilish Seymour ("Slay Anything")
Sam_Ash_7613 February 2020
Heading into this week's episode, I was really looking forward to what they were going to do with this cool premise of a serial killer getting his 'encore' and this one blew away my expectations. This is arguably my favorite episode of "Legends Of Tomorrow", I was smiling and laughing all the way through. I really love this cast and "Slay Anything" really shows them off at their best, excellent chemistry and hilarious lines.

I'm a massive "Halloween" fan, cannot get enough of those films... even the abysmal ones like "Halloween: Resurrection" have kept me entertained, even for the wrong reasons (laughing in "Halloween: Resurrection), today's Legends is really a homage to that film series. In the opening, the shots even mirror Michael Myers holding a blood stained knife. Later on in the episode Ray references "John Carpenter", the creator of the "Halloween" franchise.

Another thing I'm a big fan of is the nostalgic era of the 1980s, a period of time that I didn't even live through but love to experience through media. This episode is jam packed with '80s hits and generally great set design. I also loved Sara's line to Ava about being the 'final girls' in a horror movie type situation, it is pure fun from beginning to end.

Constantine's side plot was pretty good, but I would've preferred if it had a larger focus in the next episode, because I was having so much fun with the main plot set around the prom that the Constantine side plot felt a little intrusive, even if it was still entertaining to watch.

"Slay Anything" is a golden episode of "DC's Legends Of Tomorrow" and arguably a series high point for the show. I absolutely loved this one.

Score: 9.5/10
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow. A great episode.
bluehawk2514 February 2020
I hate and love this show. Yes. Both. And this episode was one of the best since season 1. I need more episodes like this one.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best episode in years
gagali-4061913 February 2020
Wow, this week's episode was amazing. I didn't like the previous episodes of this season, but this was perfect. The story and the characters are well-written, it is full of emotions, and also a great homage to slasher classics. I loved Nora helping the kid to become a better person, it will be very sad when she and Ray leave later this season. I also liked Mick's storyline, he deserves the girl! :D
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Episode
magnum-ajt12 February 2020
Best episode in 2 seasons. More of this, less of the stupid goofy crap
20 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great episode!
kong-jeng-kenn16 February 2020
Good music ! nice twist ! happy ending !

gonna miss ray and nora ! :(

hope they exit the team normally, not by death, so there could be a chance of them both coming back for guest staring in the future!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best episode tbh
annikaalexis14 February 2020
Probably like, actually my favorite episode. I love so many eps, but this one just rules. The comedy, the drama, the dance?? All gold. Loved getting to see more of Mick.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best episode so far
neel-5790013 February 2020
This show is the combination of all the good stuff from shows like supernatural, doctor who and all the superhero shows
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scooby-Doo themed, telekinesis Michael Myers vibes.
wetmars15 February 2020
This episode is much more better than the Flash's most recent episode so far. This episode has a really great entertaining plot and the comedy is :^), It even takes place in the best decade the 80s! Whoever wrote this episode, you are an GREAT writer.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
THAT TWIST THO
viraaj-8344215 February 2020
Best episode since season 3 (not including crossovers) this episode was phenomenal watch now!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Approved.
breathedirt13 February 2020
I cannot believe that I'm saying this but this wasn't actually that bad. The only thing I couldn't stomach was the usual lesbian propaganda - do you agree with me, babe?
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm incredibly surprised by the high praise of this episode which made me write this review.
EddyTheMartian00715 February 2020
This is probably one of the worst episodes of legends of tomorrow in my opinion. I've been so afraid that this show would just become a comedy, and it seems like that's what it is. The show is no longer about time travel or superheroes, but just these group of quirky characters being "funny." Was the villain even a historical figure? I don't know, but it just shows that they don't really care anymore. If anything the time travel element is a crutch to the writers since they want to have a full blown comedy. The last episode gave me hope but this ripped it straight away. The Legends Of Tomorrow continue acting like idiots. There's too many characters and it keeps cutting from storyline to storyline and it completely messes up the pacing of this episode. I just don't understand the thought process and decision making for writing this show. Charlie was introduced last season and they almost NEVER develop her, and she always keeps getting sidelined because frankly she's a useless character, and they just wanted to keep the actress. I loved Vixen, and her actress is quite good, but what is the point of keeping her if you aren't going to make us care? The whole storyline with Constantine was redundant but at least it set up for some interesting things. I hate what they did with Zari. Her brother is quite a great addition to the team, but I'm a little annoyed at how quickly they reintroduced her character, and the way they wrote her. She's just so annoying, I seriously can't stand her anymore and she used to be one of the best characters. The whole vlogger stereotype is so badly done, and very unfunny. Now to my bigger problems with this episode. I would genuinely argue that this episode is incredibly disrespectful. So the Legends think that someone became a killer because of one Prom night? Like I don't understand the idiocy of their thought process. Again a team that finally became semi organized in some of the last seasons, are once again not telling each other their plans, and going along on their own missions making things worse because it's FUNNY! I'm just so of this already. Now I know that he doesn't end up being the killer, but the Scooby Doo like twist was so stupid and honestly I feel like it brings up even more questions. This episode was just so hard to follow, with all the storylines, characters in different times, their idiotic choices and decisions. Also this show has gotten incredibly sloppy with it's writing. So many plot holes. So Nora is a fairy godmother who can grant wishes to children... she can literally do anything? I mean if it's in the best interest of the kid could she have not done more to help, like wish the other kids to be kinder, or literally stop them? I mean she used her powers in the party for unimportant things. It just doesn't make sense. I'm really hoping legends improves. Last episode showed me there was some hope. I am interested with Constantine's storyline for sure, but I just hope that the writers realize that this isn't a comedy show about quirky characters. It's a superhero time travel show, with comedic elements, and while the characters are quirky, they are NOT idiots.
2 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still garbage
iljajoslyn14 February 2020
The episode had great potential despite having completely made-up , original , not historical villain of the week and the Scooby-Doo style plot twist in the end was god awful . Constantine storyline was boring , while Mick's was quite good. The episode also has great music but in the end still a very bad episode and ot doesn't look like the next are going much better.
2 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.