Uri: The Surgical Strike (2018) Poster

A Masterpiece!!
sghosh0711 January 2019
If I have to say in one word then it'd be MASTERPIECE. It can very well be a classic...a cult classic like Border. This movie doesn't portray blatant Jingoism but strikes the right chords of patriotism with maintaining the right balance. It is so well done that you'd crave for more even if it ends. Everyone performed very well and Vicky Kaushal was stunning. The movie is very inspiring and everyone especially the young generation should watch it to know what the army men do for them. The movie is not political at all but yellow media will try to demean it for 'certain' reasons. I still can't get over the top notch screenplay, direction, background scores, visuals and performances. A straight 9.5/10 (or may be 10/10 if I don't be skeptical) from me.
287 out of 412 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best war movies ever
aloknayak198811 January 2019
This movie is so real. Direction is superb. Vicky kausal is brilliant in his performance. Script is tightly bound. Music just complements the action, makes it even better.

Must watch !!
229 out of 332 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A perfect tribute our Indian Army
vishal-kamble9611 January 2019
Watched a wartime movie after long time but I must say this one was the best I saw till date. This movie has a no nonsense plot which is entirely focused on the operation that was conducted for URI. The best part of this movie was there was no unnecessary romantic scene. Another best part of this movie was there was no unnecessary talks, cuss words to show the army's behavior, unlike other movies in past where half of the time is use to convince the audience why the operations are necessary. This is a must watch movie for everyone.
180 out of 277 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Movie... Well made
chetanrparekh11 January 2019
The movie was very gripping from the very start. Excellent all round acting especially by Vicky Kaushal. The VFX effects were better then most that we have seen recently.

Good watch
120 out of 194 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent movie
ajsarath11 January 2019
Excellent movie loved it this is the first Indian movie that represents modern Indian Army Aditya dhar done a great job by showing our modern army and special forces and their tactics and operations to civilians my rating is 10/10🇮🇳
136 out of 223 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An overhyped movie
kuleenn4 February 2019
Don't get me wrong, movie is good but i feel it is overrated. I know indians are too nationalist but if u look at movie perspective, movie is just average. Lots of thing shown in are wrong.
167 out of 284 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must Watch. Don't read critics review they are dum.
mayurahire-1650911 January 2019
Awesome movie 👍👍👍 fill real. Execution of story is great. After Sunny Deoval Border movie. This one is came even better. Background music is just amazing. Everyone should watch this movie.
142 out of 241 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie.
amitshalat11 January 2019
Huge respect for our soldiers who put their life at risk and neutralized the terrorists. The movie does justice to their heroics.
115 out of 196 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I've never seen something like this in bollywood
prithukvb11 January 2019
Hats off to cinematographer , director, script writer for their individual performance rather than only hailing about actors and actresses.

This types of movies make india proud, a movie that was waiting to be applauded from us 🙏
107 out of 184 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
138 minutes of sheer brilliance!
vishnupillai4111 January 2019
URI:THE SURGICAL STRIKE is not only one of the best indian war films but one of the best international war films ever made. Debutante Aditya Dhar has done an amazing job with his direction. Mitish Mirchandanis amazing cinematography, stellar vfx (the vfx is mind blowing) and an absolute intergalactic background score and music. All the actors in the film have potrayed and amazing job. A great start to 2019 with URI. DEFINITELY A MUST WATCH.
106 out of 185 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
New India.
vivekp-4846311 January 2019
All the characters has done a fantastic job. Well written and directed, awesome music tracks, pounding dialogues. Just go and watch it PERIOD.
90 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best war/military movie from india
samanway-sarkar11 January 2019
No doubt this is the best war/ military movie made in india.
109 out of 193 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The spirit was there but not execution
ujjudoc2 March 2019
Well it showed many flaws only the emotional drama was bang on target

Paresh Rawal is generally a very good actor but in this film..neither his way of speaking nor his attitude convinced me of his high rank portrayed in this movie

A high ranking official of the Army (the lady officer) who is an active member of surgical strike plan...would never be sent to someone home as a nurse.. do you think that is believable?

The Garood ..that flying surveillance bird which ..could see everything..but it missed the Pakistani boy approaching the window....

If i keep on going i can name another 100 flaws...some tactical terms will like "handler" and a few others will not really play the trick to convince the viewer of such a skillful operation...Poor execution and flaws pulled it down
71 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jai Hind
rockvs11 January 2019
It is awesome movie to watch in theater and acting is super awesome by Vick Kausal and song gave me goosebumps.
69 out of 123 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must Watch #How's The Josh??
adityashirke11 January 2019
Perfect. PAISA WASOOL. Vicky Kaushal Brilliant. Nailed It.
71 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great!!!!!!! What a movie OMG!!
sagarson-7116111 January 2019
I should reccomend everyone to watch this movie.....
70 out of 131 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very much unrealistic
sayanchandraroy4 March 2019
Its better to watch the documentary available of uri surgical strike available in youtube. That will give a better knowledge of the surgical strike.
94 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Precise Direction
timpact-rahul11 January 2019
I would really like to appreciate Aditya Dharma for his direction and Vicky Kaushal has truly given a lively performance. This is a beautiful movie which tells the surgical strike incident in a precise way.
54 out of 102 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome movie
anchalverma-2351211 January 2019
This movie was such a masterpiece in bollywood... Great story... Great acting.. Great performance of ever character in this movie.. So good...
48 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
LAZY SCREENPLAY
sreeragmeppadath27 February 2019
Just a movie with exaggorated theme.Oroginality and seriousness of the story is lost somewhere.Sucha wasted potential but they are lucky to get a hit with such bad screenplay and direction.Should have been better
67 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must watch
rajpootaman11 January 2019
In this movie i got tears,goosebumps,shock and thrill.never felt so proud after watching any movie A BIG THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS MOVIE
34 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Nice, Good job guys
vjstyla11 January 2019
Watched the first show as I was waiting for this movie ever since the teaser was launched, it's a very nice movie. I loved it
38 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Goosebumps all the way
eramberd11 January 2019
The movie has many such moments which get you to the edge of the seat. A true entertainer with great direction and superb acting.
36 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fitting tribute to the new age India & Indian Army!
aditya-tib13 January 2019
Few movies that get your patriotism to the peak and then leave you speechless at the end of it with sheer brilliance of direction, action direction, writing, acting, and attention to details.

Hence proven, superstars don't make films- films make superstars.- Vicky brilliant as usual (Kudos to the leads and the supports)

Eagerly waiting for this winning team to craft many more such high quality cinematic experiences.

Go watch the film, now!
41 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST REALISTIC DEMONSTRATION OF WAR WE HAVE EVER SEEN ON THE BIG SCREEN.
pattnaikgirish11 January 2019
This movie, without a doubt, is the best movie I have ever seen. URI THE SURGICAL STRIKE is a very accurate presentation of Surgical strike. In a lot of the parts, I felt like I was actually there. It was all thanks to Aditya Dhar's camera-work. URI is a remarkable and engaging piece of film making considering the outcome of the story is already well known. We know how it all turns out and You've probably heard about the amount of violence, blood, and gore and that's all true- yet remain mesmerized by familiar details, filmed with a harrowing sense of urgency. That shows debutante Aditya Dhar's skill as a director. The incredible visuals throughout the movie are captivating from start to finish showing the horrors that befall soldiers at war. Coming to performances Vicky Kaushal owns the film once again as Vihan as he laughs, cries and shouts in anger, making you root for him all the way. Paresh Rawal deserves a round of applause for his nuanced performance as the NSA. Mohit Raina gets an interesting character to portray and he justifies it completely. Yami Gautam does a fine job as another Intelligence officer but gets a limited scope.

MUST WATCH
61 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.