Polterheist (2018) Poster

(II) (2018)

Gangsters, guns & comedy
georgedrake15 October 2018
Polterheist throws two small time gangsters in to a race against the clock to recover stolen loot from one of their "colleagues". The only problem, he's dead!

Seeking the advice of a psychic medium they contact him and so the mayhem ensues. Laced with tongue in cheek humour and surprising twists this film had me laughing and guessing all the way through.

I particularly enjoyed the performance of Pushpinder as Uday, Bradford's own "bad man" who puts the pressure on the two haplessly dimwitted whilst enjoying the luxuries of his grandeur.

I would definitely recommend!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Top class
hayleybentertainments27 September 2018
Must see film set in Yorkshire with a brilliant cast
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reviews by cast
gerbilstunts9 March 2019
Why members of the cast think they can get away with fudging the reviews is beyond me. They haven't put any effort into concealing their identity. hayleybentertainments? which is a stripper for hire company, and, hayley b in the cast, who stars as a polish stripper, or others signing up and the day later leaving their one and only review.

Here's a 1 star for the cheek. Remove the reviews and I may give this dreadfully paced, rather bland but generally inoffensive film the 3 stars it deserves..
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Must See!!
fionasmith-316893 November 2018
Excellent movie.

I saw it last night and was very impressed and would give it a 10/10 for sure. I was even lucky enough to meet the Director and some of the cast. Great talent.

Exciting, gripping, funny and very well written. I love gangster, comedy and a bit of dark. A must see!

Great the DVD is out as perfect for a Christmas stocking filler.

You will really enjoy this movie.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yorkshire Meets Tarantino
TalL9413 March 2019
An absolutely fantastic film with a very unique concept! It's lovely to see something so creative that has been filmed locally. Top notch work from the cast and crew, keep an eye out for these names because I can guarantee they'll be popping up again very soon!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Direction!
theatreonwax31 January 2019
Making a feature is in itself a huge undertaking. Actually pulling it off into a coherent and entertaining film is another. This is spot on. Wonderful diverse cast and a great premise beautifully directed by Dave Gilbank. A social statement on these divided times. Brilliant!
Very cleverly made film
eddiebaldwin3 November 2018
Enjoyable from start to finish. Can't help failing for the characters good and bad.

Director/Producer Dave Gilbank's perception of life in a northern city maybe classed as stereotypic by some but in reality he's not too far from the truth. The story is cleverly executed helped by some wonderfully talented actors and camera shots. No spoilers alerts from me other than to say you won't be disappointed.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A rollercoaster romp of a movie thru the streets of Bradford
bruadarachmarketing1 November 2018
This is UK independent cinema at its very best... comedy meets gangsters meets the supernatural all set within the gritty, industrial landscape of Bradford. The acting is superb with Pushpinder Chani's Uday arguably stealing the show as one of the most unlikeable gangsters in living memory. Some great LOL moments and a hell of a lot of creative directorial licence makes this a film you really should see.
Guns gouls and gangsters
grumpytrollarts26 September 2018
Bradford bad boys trying to use the supernatural with consequences. Enjoyed the humour and the darkside of local mobsters.
Such a stellar film!
julie_lynn_mortensen1 April 2019
A fantastic and truly original script, handled expertly by director David Gilbank and performed with total virtuosity by the actors. Bravo!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Original, Raw British Gangster Comedy
maddalenapiras7 March 2019
This film is witty and surprising, it's full of great characters and has that edgy feel of a good British film. The plot keeps you hooked and guessing throughout. Despite the film being labelled horror/comedy, the comedy supersedes the horror so don't be put off if you're not a horror fan!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun action-comedy with surprising depth
glowingthreats30 January 2019
I went into this movie expecting a typical Hollywood-style action romp - over-the-top action scenes, cliché characters making witty banter, unrealistic twists and turns, you know the drill - great production quality and very entertaining, but just that, lighthearted, ridiculous entertainment. And while it WAS very entertaining, I was pleasantly surprised at the gritty realism of it. By this I don't only mean the gory violence (it is pretty violent), but also the genuine portrayal of socio-political issues and personal stories. The main characters all feel very real, which is partly due to the great script and partly due to the superb performances by the actors. I'm not going to say more, but these touches of reality gave weight and a tragic tone to the film. These are never in the forefront, and the director thankfully never tries to push any message into our face.

Altogether, I recommend this movie wholeheartedly to anyone who doesn't mind gory scenes. It's very well-made, hilarious, exciting, thoughtful and a bit sad.
Wonderfully black humour & performances
ben-427-95098521 January 2019
Polterheist manages to have a great story idea and excellent execution with some very memorable performances. The humour is pitched just right, and the characters are interesting and engaging. What more could you ask for?

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this at a film festival and would happily watch it again. Definitely one of the better U.K. indy films out there.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Top notch thriller with bags of laughs and a surreal supernatural twist
markrathbone-7119219 January 2019
Gritty, Northern, funny, scary gory and a whole lot more. Tariq and Boxy are two hapless crims from the badlands of West Yorkshire doing their best to find some stashed loot hidden by the guy they just killed. Much hilarity ensues on their quest! Sterling performances from all the cast, great authentic dialogue and an all round great film. This deserves a massive audience.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one more star for unplanned accidental funny moments
p-lipiec13 January 2019
It would like to be "Snatch" but it's not. :D The taste is not the best. Complication of plot is pretty simple. Solving out is very much predictable. Anyway I loved Polish gang for its absurds. Generally it's so bad that becomes interesting.
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny, fast and a little bit frightening...
juneltaylor4 December 2018
This is a great film. I'm not heavily into this genre but Polterheist is a gangster movie like no other I've seen! I loved its humour and overall vibe, and great to see Bradford as the backdrop. The villains are from all different cultures, which I loved, and the brilliant musical score reflects this. In fact the music is one of this film's strengths, along with the acting, great script, good direction etc. All the elements pull together to create something really quite special considering this is a low-budget indie. Huge praise goes to the wonderful award-winning Gemma Head who co-wrote the script. Some of the best lines are hers, so I'm told. Her brilliant cameo role also reflects her versatile acting ability too. She is sadly missed. Well done to all who worked on this film. Looking forward to the next one from this lot!
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.