Extinct (2021) Poster

(2021)

I don't know
legobuilderpro30 August 2021
I really don't know what to say about this movie. It has good voice actors but the characters are average, it has ok animation but the story/plot was weird.

I didn't know anything going into this, so I was questioning lots of stuff that was happening and wondering what was going on.

I didn't find it that funny and the villain was just there at the end as a last minute thing with a rushed backstory.

Also the film just kinda ends without making sense. So I wasn't that interested in this movie and probably wouldn't watch it again.
20 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So much more entertaining than the rebellion.
GiraffeDoor12 September 2021
We're getting more of these sino-Netflix productions and I must say I am impressed with how much they improve on China's other attempts in animated fun during the last decade.

A professional, pacy, lively and adorable adventure awaits in a movie that could have so easily gone down the path of mawkish ecology but knows how to keep it fun.

Expect tons of anatomical gags but they don't detract from the delightful dynamic of live wire and her neurotic brother. At the heart of the story is a relationship where both members have to re-assess the way they treat or regard their sibling and it's all actually pretty satisfying.

Very visually beautiful with superb character designs, radiant back grounds and slick animation for its visual humor, my only real negative is how in the middle act they devote too much time to this quest through these time portals. It's a bit too much like a Mario game, you know?

But overall I was pleasantly surprised by this free-spirited no-brainer adventure that even has a song.
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad movie
marineproductions110 September 2021
Another movie designed to make money off of investors, brought to you by none other than China Lion, known for laundering horrible Chinese content to America and make money off of nothing. Horrible story, budget cast and crew, mediocre production. +1 point for the effort of out-sourced animators. Overall 2/10. Avoid.
18 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost decent
paulwattriley17 October 2021
It was sort of decent then pretty dumb, why did the other animals not try to be unextinct. The twist absolutely stupid. Why does China hate dogs which appears to be the message.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun family animated movie...
paul_haakonsen29 November 2021
I sat down to watch the 2021 animated movie "Extinct" with my 11 year old son, and I have to say that we were both adequately entertained by what writers Joel H. Cohen, John Frink and John Frink managed to come up with for the story told here.

Now, the storyline told in "Extinct" was rather good, lots of nice details to the storyline, and also a good amount of comedy added to supplement the storyline itself. And there was an abundance of likeable characters throughout the course of the story.

Visually then "Extinct" was good. There were nice details to be seen in the scenes, and lots of unique characters and locations, which definitely added to the overall enjoyment of "Extinct".

With "Extinct" being an animated movie, then having a proper voice cast ensemble is a thing that can make or break the success of the project. And I will say that they definitely had put together a good ensemble for "Extinct", with the likes of Adam Devine, Ken Jeong, Rachel Bloom, Zazie Beetz, Jim Jefferies, Henry Winkler and others.

I found "Extinct" to be enjoyable, as did my 11 year old son, so directors David Silverman and Raymond S. Persi definitely made something with appeal to all ages.

My rating of "Extinct" lands on a six out of ten stars.
The Time Travellin' Toilet Seats
thomasrtygesen31 July 2021
Take "ice age" - you know, goofy animals struggling to prevent their own extinction. Cute it up with some furry creatures looking like mascots for a toilet seat company (to be fair, they are pretty cute). Let them travel in time until something goes terribly wrong. Spice it up with random appearances of people like Ernest Shackleton, the antarctic explorer, and you've got "Extinct".

The animations are colourful and fresh. The story seems unnecessarily complicated, but it's still catchy most of the time. The pacing is like most kids movies nowadays: fast and furious. The humour is silly and will appeal to kids at the age of 6 to 9, I guess.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lighthearted
skylucies2 September 2021
This movie gives off the vibes of Blue Sky films, fun, lighthearted and sweet. Although it's not the best I've seen, it's a good family movie that you should give a watch if you need something new to watch.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never got going
thomasoc23 August 2021
An odd experience. I was looking forward to watching this but was left completely underwhelmed. The story was bordering on boring at one sage an the animation is poor for 2021! Lots of jokes and one liners just didn't hit home and it just seemed to go through the motions for 80 minutes without ever really taking us anywhere. Ironic for a time travelling movie. Not good enough to get the publicity it is getting.
17 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than I thought.
clarkie0812 September 2021
Funny and entertaining, well worth the watch. Kids enjoyed the movie, lots of laugh and clever dialogue.
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumb story but pretty good animation + a fun experience.
abhibnlcs24 November 2021
The story and overall concept surely seems dumb. However, the overall experience as a movie is so good. It could actually be a very fun movie to watch with family & kids.
entertaining
shirlone21 November 2021
An all star voicing cast, good animation and a good storyline this movie was funny in some parts not so much in others. I wouldn't recommend this movie for children under 12. The dog blowing up the cave just wasn't the best part in the movie.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
its bad
viktorpenic27 May 2021
Boring and unfunny the animation is very meh super predictible i just hated it.
20 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible for Children
DarlingLlama24 October 2021
A stupidly written, idiotic movie that has the lesson that you should always go back to toxic relationships, especially when they are family.

Moronic.
9 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another worst animation film! Full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Not recommended!
kwenchow21 September 2021
This film start with a man writing diary on the ship, and the introduction of the Flummels scene! As turnout, this film is about two Flummels(Op, and Ed) need to defeat a villain dog "Clarance" to save their race! Entire film full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Such as, overuse of the staring scene, overuse of the blackout scene, overuse of the arguing scene, overuse of the shouting scene, overuse of the calling names scene, overuse of the rolling scene, overuse of the searching scene, overuse of the playing dumb scene, overuse of the tripping scene, overuse of the time transporting scene, and overuse of the news broadcasting scene! Make the film unwatchable! At the end, Op, and Ed defeat Hoss, and save their race! Still have a post credit scene! The whale time transporting to Dr. Chung's lab! That's it! Wasting time to watch!
9 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely recommend!
Really nice movie, absolutely recommend!! Very cute, unexpected twists, very creative and original, definitely hoping for a sequel!
10 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
avoid it.
oleg_tupolevskij19 February 2022
One of the worst animations made in latest years. Boring and made us both think what the heck. The jokes are stupid and not meant either for kids or grownups.
Funny
rebecca-finnigan21 August 2021
Really enjoyed this film, very funny in places but spent most of it frustratedly searching Google to confirm that Richard Kind voices the whale. He is not mentioned on any of the cast lists including the one on IMDB, got my confirmation watching the end credits though.
6 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My vote for best animated movie of 2021.
Vivekmaru459 September 2021
A really good animated film the whole family can watch together. There is very good humor in this on as well.

The last time I saw such a good animated movie was Madagascar back in 2005. Though Madagascar is a comedy legend, Extinct has its own charm. We see unique adorable creatures called "Flummels". The film deals with a situational type drama associated with these creatures. Yes, you can call it a typical action-adventure mixed with a splash of comedy.

There is nothing wrong with this one. It's got everything right going for it. A really lovely family animated movie which I watched right up to the end. It held my attention throughout - my eyes never wandered away from the screen, which is always a very good sign.
4 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
saiyedhamida22 August 2021
Boring don't watch. The storyline is predictable. I hated this movie.
9 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What Walter Williams is Watching
waltermwilliams21 December 2021
Looking for something lightweight, fluffy and very funny for the Holidays then this could save your sanity for 90 minutes, "Extinct".

From Tolerable Entertainment comes a movie that's more than tolerable, it's adorable, with a great voice acting cast of Hollywood stars and real voice actors.

Don't be a Dodo check it out on #Netflix.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We all love this movie
yourfingod24 November 2021
I was a little skeptical about this movie when it starts it literally says tolerable entertainment. After watching the movie multiple times I've noticed many different things about the movie and have figured out most if not the full plot of the movie. Our son really likes this movie, I love the comedy in the movie it is simple and easy to follow. One of my favorite parts is the beginning Charles Darwin says "there's one now a blue footed booby... haha blue"
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well worth the watch
witra_as8 December 2021
Well worth the watch though IMO not really suitable for kids. David Silverman did decent job to deliver peculiar jokes over some interesting locations around the globe. Flummels were cute and adorable enough to get our support in such detailed colorful animation.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No consistant theme...just a branches out into a mesh mash of stories
deexsocalygal23 November 2021
The main fault with this is that it's like a bunch of 5th graders made up a bunch of stories. What I mean is 1 little kid made up the first 15 minute story then another kid made up another 15 minute story ..on & on until they had 90 minutes worth of stories. Then someone figured out how to connect all the stories & wah-lah it's an houv& a half animated film. Do you get what I mean? The story doesn't flow nicely & it isn't just 1 story. It branches out in too many different directions without a main theme holding it together. ANYONE can make a diary collection of a bunch of nonsensical stories.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
oops
lahmer28 August 2021
What was that in the first 3 minutes you get bored the seagull and turtle game and than it gets stuck in the doughnut haha exciting haha not copy of angry birds ,ice age and so on not worth the paint.
5 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incoherent and Boring
callisto91925 August 2021
The script is incoherent, the characters are flat and the whole thing just doesn't gel together. It seems as though the entire film was shot in 10 minutes during someone's lunch break and the storyline just goes all over the place.

Very disappointing.
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.