"The Flash" Nora (TV Episode 2018) Poster

(TV Series)

(2018)

Flash is back and he is amazing!!
tymomollema11 October 2018
I did not have high hopes for season 5 But after seeing this episode im hyped!!!!! Good story. Very funny. Clean cgi. IT was really Nice to watch and I can't wait for episode 2!!!!!
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A strong comeback. Easily the best premiere since S1
mfm_mfbm5410 October 2018
The episode felt like OG flash. Yes, the one we enjoyed in S1 and the one we longed for ever since. The Chemistry between Nora and Barry was the most enjoyable part. That doesn't mean anything else was compromised. From Cisco's drunken demeanor to Iris's nice lady attitude, everything was on point. Even Ralph got to shine when he became a fanboy just like us pointing out the obvious from past seasons. I strongly believe this was the writers way of saying, we know what you want and we're darn sure you're gonna get it this season. Nora learning and enjoying her first day with Barry - her father is priceless. And they beat the villain in the most ecstatic fashion possible. Nora learns to phase for the first time and Barry's there to witness it. The scene is exactly a page out of the comics. After so much fanservice the show still manages to leave little bits and pieces of hints of what's to come later this season. The future newspaper and what Nora shows is definitely a tease. I will love it when they supposedly visit the "Crisis" event hopefully on the 100th episode. Regardless, this was easily the best premiere since S1 pilot and I'm excited more than ever for this season.
25 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEST EPISODE SINCE SEASON 1!!!
masterlukewharris10 October 2018
Season 5 Has the potential to be the best season, it brings back the heart, humour and spectacle from season one and is totally Schway!!! Honestly awesome visual fx and storyline, a visual feast for everyone!!
22 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Start!
TheBlackFlash10 October 2018
It's a great form to start the season. It looks very promising. I hope the season can be as good as 1 or 2.

+ Nora + Emotional Moments + The Plane Scene + Cicada Reveal
  • Personally, I didn't like at all the new suit
28 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Schway premiere episode from The Flash...
turixrios11 October 2018
This episode is probably the second best premiere this show has ever seen, since you know, my top pick is the Pilot episode (but not by far).

It lives up to my expectations and more, it's full of easter eggs, direct references to previous (and possibly future) seasons, incredible dialogue, and just great interactions between the characters.

Nora is surrounded with mystery and intrigue, I think she will be a really fun character to be around with for more episodes. Also, I LOVE that they're fixing Barry's writing, he was written as such a dunce last season. Now he's like he used to be, experienced, smart, and ready for anything (apart from lighthearted).

Iris has also been toned down a bit, thank you writers, hopefully she'll be like-able one day again.

With a frenetic pacing, great action and use of special effects, an intriguing storyline and a format that hasn't been used on the show before makes for a very unique episode and strong premiere.

I am so excited for what is to come this season, it looks to be really promising and full of theories and fan service. It appears to be a return to form, and Season 1-2 greatness.

I would rate this episode a 9.3/10
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was a pretty great Season Premiere..
BatmanFunReviews201810 October 2018
After an unexpected guest from the future appears at their home, Barry and Iris must figure out how to get her back to the future without disrupting the timeline. Nora the 1st episode of Season 5 of CW's 'The Flash' brought me back some Season 1 memories but also had a pretty cool villain from the old X-Men movies. I really like where the relationship between Barry and Nora is going and it's going to be pretty sweet to be honest plus it was great seeing the Season 1 and Season 2,3 suits back even for a little bit and the new suit is totally great just give it time.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Welcome flash season 5
adithyakabbal10 October 2018
An awesome and easy going fun episode. Nora is really great and fun to watch. Missed these bonding episodes from this series. Caitlyn flashback, Harrison wells comeback, new funny and great Nora episodes, hopefully season 5 will be great. It's. Great start.
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
That they came from the earth ALSO
sgt_James_Doakes_11 October 2018
Flash is back, baby. This episode was everything I ever dreamed of. Great mix of (not forced) drama and comedy, oh comedy, easily the funniest episode in the entire show. That line is just fricking hilarious
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Felt like season 1 again!
ctropeano-1817711 October 2018
I loved the vibe and I felt the tone was very even for this season. I felt like it wasn't too dark and it wasn't too humorous I feel like it had the perfect tone and if the season continues this upward trend it could be the best season yet! LET'S GO
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Master Piece
doraageneration10 October 2018
The Premier was excellent. Vibes of Season 1 and 2 makes it real good. If they maintain this greatness for the rest of the season, this season will be on top of anything.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice episode
keerthankrupanandam10 October 2018
Awesome start to an awesome season waiting for more from my favorite TV show the flash
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good start
frednickjr1610 October 2018
Flash returns to it's roots once again having heart felt moments with Nora and Barry. Flash regains its heart and humor.
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just the kind of start we all want. The flash is hopefully back
bmw-9908010 October 2018
I'm a long time CW fan and an even bigger Flash fan. This episode started the season off very very strong. The Nora Allen story line is promising and Barry realizing that the time vault newspaper clipping still happens was a huge surprise. I was very surprised the that the writers let us know that he actually disappears and confirmed it with Nora's own newspaper clipping. Everything from the running scenes to the use of the flash ring and the new suit was amazing. This got me very excited for the whole season and hopefully it keeps the course of having strong episodes like this one. I was interested in the mini arrow-Esque flashback of Thawne teaching Barry how to phase and Barry using the same words to teach Nora how too. All in all good episode. Don't be to upset of the Cicada reveal at the end of credits scene, they can't give up too much of him yet, but this looks like an entirely new and fresh villain with the promise we all thought the thinker would be. All in all a great start
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
solid start
sumit-chawla11 October 2018
Perhaps the best premier of the flash , maybe 2nd best. Anyway , it's a solid start and i m really excited about this nora character. I like the actress perhaps the best one they could choose for barry and iris' daughter. Season 4 was a mess and i hope this one will be entirely different . Let's see ..
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing amazing amazing amazing
cvt-6597110 October 2018
Best season premiere yet! gave me vibes of season 1 loved it!
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best premiere since season 1
dcolyer11 October 2018
This premiere episode for season 5 is a fantastic start for the season. After the disappointing season 4, it was pretty vital that the series bounce back, and this premiere episode definitely moves the needle toward bringing the series back to a great mix of heart, humor, and action. Jessica Parker Kennedy shines as Nora West-Allen, aka "XS." In the role of Barry's daughter, Kennedy nails it, effectively and skillfully displaying much of the same quirkiness as her father in a very charming way. She is immediately very likeable as Nora/XS, and the chemistry that she and Grant Gustin have is very good. With this episode, the show has brought back the right tone (it struggled so much to find that sweet spot of proper mix of heart, humor, and action last year). The humor is not over-the-top (as it was for much of season 4); it just works, and works well. Carlos Valdes is excellent as Cisco Ramon; he has me rolling a number of times. The aircraft segment was brilliant and I had chills watching it as Barry inspired Nora to "phase" using some very inspiring dialogue from season 1. The only complaint I might have is that I think Team Flash has just gotten too crowded. I wish Dibney could be more of a recurring character regular than a season regular (although he was used to just the right effect in this episode, and his lines were quite humorous). I hope the standard set by this episode continues through the rest of the season. If the producers, directors, writers, and players can do this, the show will definitely be back to its roots, and that is a very good thing (I consider season 1 to be among the best of television programs in my lifetime).
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Flash is Back
liambice10 October 2018
Amazing start to season 5. Only issue was with the suit at first, but after the Plane scene it won me over and I love it.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flash's back with all his glory.
abubakr_siddeeq10 October 2018
Feeling great after watching It. Season 4 literally ruined the show but i think they've learned and put their best efforts for S5. Best comeback.
15 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
At last a good start to a new season!!
theoneandonlymarvellad15 October 2018
Just watched the premiere episode to season 5 and have to agree its been long needed.

Most of the crew are back with new member "Excess" aka Nora Allen who fits in really well to the new dynamic.

No sign of Harrison Wells yet though, not sure what awaits when he does appear this year.

The story for this ep is not too involved and the purpose is to fully introduce Nora who I hope is going to stay for most of the season.

The new Flash suit is also a main talking point for this ep, Barry has finally got the suit ring!!!!

Brilliant episode, hope this continues for Season 5 as Season 4 took me ages to get through and didn't like the story arc last year.

A strong 8 out of 10 offering here. Enjoy!
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best season opener of any Flash season
hawkins_saints_rock11 October 2018
Annnnddd we're back for another season! As always I was excited for the Flash to come back, and that excitement wasn't let down after a pretty great episode. Now The Flash has never had an "incredible" season opener in its five tries, but this episode was pretty close and in my opinion is the best starter episode to a season of the Flash we've ever had. And that was desperately needed after the disappointment of Season 4.

Nora is a great addition to the show, as I really like her character and the chemistry she had with Barry was great. Their scenes together are a particular highlight of this episode. Nora seemed to have an issue with Iris, which I'm not a fan of and don't want this to develop into a mother/daughter drama that is around all season long.

They finally look like they're going to tackle the "Flash missing vanishes in crisis" storyline that we've seen on the newspaper since season one. We learn that since gone missing, Barry has not returned to CC in 25 years! What happened? Can't wait to find out.

At the end we get a glimpse of what could potentially be the main villain. Interested to see more of this character.

And now the suit. I love the colour and the material. But the chin strap needs to be back ASAP.

Overall a really good start to Season 5, fingers crossed it continues.

Oh btw where's Tom Cavanagh??

9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
West-Allen Family Motto: Endangering Everything and Everyone for Personal Reasons.
imakk200110 October 2018
Put. The. Chin. Piece. Back. NOW. S1-2 suit looks so good compared to this monstrosity and last season's homage to the Michelin Man.

Good to see Singh and CCPD. But OF COURSE, team flash is out investigating instead of the actual CCPD guy on the team.

Nora is a selfish, immature child who thinks all things Flash are automatically hers and making messes everywhere. She's definitely her parents' child.

Is Joe a run-away dad now? Not that I blame him if Cecile has no respect for other people's privacy.

Wally still gets no love: Barry thanks Nora in front of Wally but he doesn't thank Wally. WTH?!

Barry seems to be a tad smarter this ep. Probably won't last though.

Drunk Cisco!

Oh look, slow burn KF plot still slow burning.

Ralph did have a point about his interpretation of "Harry is from Earth 2"...

Lack of Harry and sidelining Joe shrank team flash and made them (ie Cisco, Caitlin & Ralph) more relevant and fun. Hope this season's Harry is off screen for a couple of more eps, and if Joe isn't going to be a cop, then he can continue to stay on the bench aka The Lounge.

This bears repeating: Put. The. Chin. Piece. Back. NOW.

Score: 7.9
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Maybe there is an alternate universe where the Fourth India Jones Movie Isn't Made"
dooleyashwood10 October 2018
This was a great first episode. My major problem with it is the completely underwhelming way they introduced the new season villain. However, its episode 1, so I'm not judging them until we get more. The chemistry between Barry and Nora is fantastic and majority of the characters got some good dialogue. The line that Iris says about her and Barry's lightning is how they can tell that she is their daughter was annoying, but aside from that and the new villain introduction, this episode was almost perfect. I really like Nora a lot as a character and the mystery of Barry's disappearance is also really intriguing. A couple call backs to s01/s02 also heavily benefits the episode to make us feel like the tone of this episode is like those two original seasons. Also, not that it matters that much, but Cisco not making that Flash suit is weird...

Already a massive jump in quality from one of the show's worst episodes ever made (the season 4 finale) to an episode that matches s01/s02's quality. I'm definitely satisfied and for the first time in a year, looking forward to the next episode.

Side Note: Also Ralph's comedic moments are fantastic.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad.
joebellporter9 October 2018
Normally don't like cw shows but normally watch the flash season premiers, and this is one of the better ones.
12 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun
jwwalrath-227-8548713 October 2018
Found this to be a pretty funny episode. So far, I'm liking Excess. Love Ralph trying to figure out the whole time travel thing (glad they kept him for more than one season), and Joe keeping a room at the place quiet the entire time.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The same story continues..
heliaborran17 October 2018
Every time we see a new season of flash it is about someone that comes from future and the same things continue like barrys reaction first cold and then suddenley warm ..
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.