Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
Sex & Nudity
- A male buttocks is briefly seen.
- A man and woman get naked for a bath. Male buttocks are shown.
- A sex scene between a man and woman. No visible nudity
- A man and a woman have sex: they thrust on top of each other (in slow motion) and sex from behind is implied briefly. The women is seen moaning but sounds are not heard because the scene comes with music. They're later shown in bed talking about their sex.
- There are a few brief scenes of passionate kissing, mostly man and woman, some with two women. Two men kiss briefly in a more solidarity-of-mission tone. It's made plain that two women were lovers, but that they've had to keep this a secret.
Violence & Gore
- There are blood-splattering moments in every episode, which include disembowelments and beheadings. Extremely violent, close up images of beheadings, with very graphic detail. There are many brutal attacks in which people are beaten severely, sometimes to death.
- Contains a strong theme of ethnic cleansing (of the Fey), showing murders by many methods, including swords, arrows, knives, etc. Several people are tied to crosses and burned to death, but detail is limited to sights of charred human shapes from a moderate distance.
- Very little profanity.
- Damn, hell, bastard, and shit are said infrequently.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People often drink but not much attention is drawn to it.
- Many scenes take place at taverns with characters drinking ale; Merlin frequently drinks from an animal skin and appears to be drunk, weaving as he walks and slurring his words. A young boy takes a drink of something and winces, calling it "a bit strong."