Fate: The Winx Saga (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Give Fate a Chance
melissaborodin22 January 2021
Fate is so much different than the colorful Winx from Nickelodeon, but that's OK. It's trying to be its own thing and I think it worked! I was scared it would be as terrible as the other time they tried making a Live Action version of a Nick show (Avatar the Last Airbender), but no, I thought it blew all my expectations out of the water! Abigail Cowan and all her cast mates did such a good job, there's so much to like here!!

At first, I thought the characters were all introduced pretty fast, since it starts with Bloom already at Alfea. But don't worry, all of the main cast has their own moments and sub plots. Not going to spoil them here, but I thought Terra (who's basically Flora, with Flora's powers but a different name) had a good arc about finding her real friendships. The scary new villain/creatures called the Burned Ones were also really interesting to me, and there was also a lot of family drama since both Bloom and Stella had rocky relationships with their mothers.

Since Fate was made by new people from totally different shows (like Vampire Diaries), there are obviously lots of differences between the cartoon and its tone. Just remind yourself of that, and you can totally enjoy it as a separate show- plus, I kinda love angsty drama, so this whole show was like the perfect pick for me. Please give Fate a chance!
289 out of 407 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth a watch
aerich-753581 February 2021
Definitely worth a watch, but the writers made the main character so incredibly insufferable it's almost hard to watch. She's rude and overly-aggressive and so thick-headed it almost made me stop watching the show all together. The way she insults anyone who disagrees with her or won't give her what she wants is almost comical, no one ever puts her in her place and it's infuriating. Hopefully, a season 2 will have some better writing for character development.
71 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Honestly way better then I expected and leaves me wanting to know what happens next
jessicashapiro12322 January 2021
With seeing all the previous reviews with the trailer I thought this show would have been bad. What people rlly need to see is that this show is not winx it is solely based on the original show. The storyline of this show is amazing and by the last episode it leaves you wanting to know what happens next. I agree that they should'nt have cut out flora and Tecna out of the show and casted better with some of the main characters. But it makes up for it when u watch the show and the girls have great chemistry. I was also mad that Stella didn't have Brandon. Besides all that the show has GREAT potential to be amazing and I think people should give it a chance. You never know they may add in flora and Tecna in the later seasons. I rlly hope this show doesn't get cancelled because by the last episode everything just got real interesting.
189 out of 282 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Riverdale in Winx's clothing
vyvivy26 January 2021
2D characters, overdone plotline, zero effort in clothing, and horrible relationship development between most characters.

What I like the most about Winx was the relationship between the characters. The bonds that they made by getting in and out of trouble together and getting to know each other's backgrounds and hobbies. Barely none of that was present in the live adaption. The girls almost never spent time all together for fun. They were convenient relationships because they room together. And the love triangle! Relationship can develop just fine without them!!!!! In Winx Club, there were plenty of relationship troubles to pick from. They throw away friendship for some bad romance development. Aisha's first love interest died, Musa and Riven rocky relationship because of their personality. Stella's trouble with Brandon NOT being a prince and lying about his identity. Actually, between Bloom and Sky there was a third party in the appearance of his fiancé Diaspro. If a love triangle was really needed they could've used her and not ruin Bloom and Stella's friendship.
195 out of 292 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bloom is the worst character
kimeunb27 January 2021
Actually bloom ruined everything. Literally every single episode was bad because of bloom...
171 out of 256 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another stereotype show with fancy effects.
jorgevigara26 January 2021
One more show on the crappy high school culture of rivalry, popularity and narcissism.
181 out of 273 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was like watching your bright childhood friend become a drug addict with no roof above their heads
leaves-7286324 January 2021
I'm extremely sad what they have done. The overall quality of the adaptation is alright, but there is absolutely nothing "Winx" about this show, none at all. The fairies feel nothing like what they originally were. I would not recommend this to any fan of Winx Club unless you want to break your heart and ruin your childhood memories.

I rate this: Netflix's Avatar: The Last Airbender adaptation out of 10
180 out of 277 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was this made by The CW?
joaovitorn-1372722 January 2021
  • Dozens of 30 year olds posing as teens who are all extremely beautiful despite coming from different backgrounds
  • Info dumping, lots of exposition
  • Characters so clichéd you know what their plot lines are gonna be as soon as they appear on screen
  • "shy" protagonist who is not like other girls

Is this a CW show?

For real, though, it's teen fluff. It can be very enjoyable if you turn off your brain, but objectively has no redeemable artistic quality.
308 out of 487 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Time I'll never get back
helenkolby-4095026 January 2021
What is everyone else watching? These ratings are absurd. I saw Winx and thought, oh I got down with that cartoon back in the day. I'd still rather get down with the cartoon. 36 years old and I'd straight up rather watch the old cartoon series. I can't even gather the words to express how bad this is. If they took out the sexual references and swear words it would be appropriate for kids but as is, waste of acting
122 out of 191 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it
rroosenburg-1067422 January 2021
I really loved it and the season finale is killing me. I pray for a second season
172 out of 291 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The more adult and mature version to my childhood
gracegeburns22 January 2021
The show even though different is amazing. I hope to see a season two.
175 out of 301 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So dumb
royal-943884 February 2021
Dumb series...please put your brain aside while watching.
44 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The fate of winx
canaliss26 January 2021
Just another "edgy" netflix teen drama. Theyre all the same. Riverdale, the order, sabrina. Etc. This one ignores most, if not all, of its source material to bring YOU.... Underaged drinking. Pot brownies and relationship struggles.... 💩💩💩
55 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it's good
rattanfleur22 January 2021
If we consider it apart from the original cartoon of Winx, it was very fun and immersive. overall quite different from winx, but the acting isn't that bad. I'm not bored watching, I definitely look at season two. Those who love magic teen stories will love it.
119 out of 209 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The show is pretty decent for what it is, but stop casting adults to play teenagers
devonall30 January 2021
The actors/actresses are not believable as 15-16 year olds, they look too old to be teenagers. Just change the setting from more of a high school environment to university and let the characters be the in their early twenties because seeing people who clearly do not look that young is a little jarring, because I keep thinking "why are these adults behaving like teens?" and "why is that guy who looks like he's 30 years old still a student?" and then I remember remember "ah right they're all supposed to be 15-16".

The show isn't bad really, I'd say it has potential, but it looks very CW and not netflix, this is not a good thing as all CW shows follow the same format and that makes it predictable. If it gets a second season, I think they should let some years have passed and set the next season a few years in the future.

For reference here are the ages of the actors/actresses playing the roles -

Bloom 22

Musa 25

Stella 25

Beatrix 19 (the only one believable as a teenager and that's because she is one)

Aisha 23

Riven 26

Terra 27

Sky 23

Sam 23
19 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I watched it so you don't have to
cheshireangelcat25 January 2021
I could tell it would be bad from the trailer but I wanted to see how bad. Couldn't finish the first episode because I was bored out of my mind. It was slow and they changed so many main points of the original that it wasn't even worth the watch. They changed blooms origin story and made her more of a whiny, rude, white girl that doesn't know how to dress. Also they changed the parent-daughter relationship from refreshing and sweet to disfunctional. Musa's powers were changed, she was white washed, and they made her rude. Stella is bland, she's not a fun friend at ALL. Terra is alright but definitely NOT flora. Yes, flora's character would sometimes be a bit eclectic which got annoying to the others, but everyone got along pretty well from the beginning of the original. I'm glad they were being body inclusive but that doesn't excuse the fact they white washed her. Things about the show that I didn't like in general were the boring soundtrack, lack of y2k, everyone had accents (it would've been better if they mixed in others since it's a school for all realms), all of the actors were too old, the lack of style, the filter on the show was so dark that I couldn't watch without squinting, all the characters got monotone voices, it was missing the different schools and combined them all into one, SO MUCH unnecessary cursing (ig they were trying to be edgy), missing characters, bad magic effects. I really hope they don't go for another season. The show was so painfully boring and I feel no desire to finish it. Honestly just feels like background noise. I heard that the director was going for what's "trending" Rn amongst teens and the age group that lived og winx. Unfortunately, Riverdale, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Vampire Daries has their time but that's the ONLY kind of shows they're putting out for teens. We don't get a choice to watch something that could've been different and upbeat and nostalgic.
86 out of 150 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Embarrassingly bad
aliyerliyurtt23 January 2021
It is a shame that they used the name "winx" to get the undeserved attention to a cheap magical teen drama. Everything about the series, without exception, is cliché. There is nothing exciting to see.
111 out of 198 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining
kolemartinez22 January 2021
I love the chemistry between the actors though I would've preferred to have more episodes because the story was a bit eh. The sfx was pretty good and I can't wait for season 2.
102 out of 183 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Promising and a fresh and Grown up take on the cartoon
bitajafary22 January 2021
I've lived all my childhood and teenage years with winx and even though I thought they couldn't pull off a live-action I have to say it was pretty good It's definitely a different take on the carton but that was for kids this is for young adults so it's only logical it's not the shiny happy cartoon we're used to, it's like a grown version of the cartoon I really hope they give a second, third, fourth (u get the idea) season There's definitely room for improvement but as a former winx obsessed girl I REALLY enjoyed it
116 out of 211 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fate The Winx Saga
cosmicslut-9374024 January 2021
It's a fantastic show, and I genuinely believe people are being too harsh in judging it as a creative adaptation. Brian Young, the creator and showrunner of Fate, who was also a writer for The Vampire Diaries, did for this what was done for TVD. Major creative changes that flow, that work, and overtime create an amazing story with characters having deep, emotional arcs. For example, Bonnie in TVD who became a fan favorite, was initially criticized for not being cast and kept as the red haired girl with druidic ancestry as she was in the books.

I watched all of TVD and still to this day view it as having some of the best character growth and emotional moments that have held up over the years compared to many of the newer, flashier TV shows coming out. I could see the same beginning to develop in Fate: TWS. Although the cast is large, nearly all of them got enough screen time in the first season, fleshing out their unique personalities and making the audience sympathize and care about them.

That said, if you're perpetually making comparisons in your mind on how you think it should be vs enjoying it for what it actually is-you'll likely miss out on the well-written, directed, cast, and overall visuals of this beautifully crafted modern day epic fantasy.

Please give it a try and drop all expectations going into it. Fate: The Winx Saga has become my favorite fantasy genre show that has been released within the past few years, and for good reason. 9/10.
81 out of 145 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The show has a great potencial
anabeatrizgsalla22 January 2021
Being honest, I expected more of the show honestly, but that doesn't make the show bad, quite the contrary, I really enjoyed it. It resembles very much, the vampire diaries but unfortunately not winx. I loved the cast and their chemistry but I didn't like the fact they cut Tecna and Flora out. I think the show should have at least nine episodes not six 'cause I found the story a little messy but not in a bad way. You should watch it with an open mind because the show has the potencial to be better and improve in a possible second season. Yes, I missed the song and the shiny things but at the final episode we have what we wanted most (you know what). Remember the show can improve and get better. I really waited for so long to watch a live-action winx show and if gets cancelled I would be so disappointed.
88 out of 159 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is a miss
Ness09125 January 2021
I'm giving the show the benefit of the doubt as I watched this in a language I'm not fluent in, so maybe I lost some of the redeeming things in translation, but... why are all the characters bad? I watched Winx Club and I really tried watching Fate as it's own thing. I can't help but miss Techna and Flora though, and the Trix.

My main issue are actually the characters though. They are one dimensional with like one or maybe two traits per person. Bloom's chracters is just a straight up garbage person who risks everyone's life because... someone may or may not have lied about her heritage? And she just believes whatever people tell her?

The story itself, while not great, is okay. I don't hate it, but it's nothing new and very predictable. The few good characters (Musa and the headmistress) are sadly not enough to save this show.
42 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fresh and Entertaining
darkxspirit22 January 2021
Despite all the issues with the casting etc, I belive the show (so far) is really enjoyable. It gives me Chilling Adventure Of Sabrina meets The Vampire Diaries meets Harry Potter vibes. AND I LOVE IT. The CGI is amazing as well so... thats another plus. The show doesn't really remind me of the cartoon, but that's okay since it is an adaptation (the core idea is the same but they can change anything they want) and not a remake. I hope the rest of the season is as good and even better than the first two episodes!
97 out of 178 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible!
mirandafbentancur25 January 2021
I understand the fact that is an adaptation but they twist the history and made a new one and the only thing left is the name of the characters. Completely disrespectful for the fans of the original cartoon. Don't watch it if you want "real life winx club" is a darker and completely different serie.
65 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You just have to ruin everything
caballitodemar_23 January 2021
If you wanna make a series with this theme okay, be my guest but do NOT use the name Winx if you are not going to make Winx, this is not what we watched while growing up so I don't see the point..Change of some of the names, they don't even come close to looking similar to their cartoon version, some of them even missing from the show, it is just annoying if you watched Winx when you were younger. I will continue to remember that version and just delete this one from my head.
57 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.