Rim of the World (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- The children are sexualized throughout the film. The boys discuss who is going to "sleep with" the young girl. They all look about 12 years old.
- One of the boys freaks out saying he doesn't want to die because he's never had sex before. Then he "clarifies" for some other kids that's he's had sex, just not with two girls at once.
Violence & Gore
- There is a very clear shot of a woman screaming right before a creature's claw goes through her mouth and presumably through her head. Quite shocking and graphic for younger audience members, but shown for less than a second.
- There are several graphic shots of alien creature(s) attacking the characters, such as a claw going through the mouth and another shot of a limb being forced down the throat of a child.
- Many people dying at the hands of an alien. Also many dead bodies shown, some of which are covered in blood.
- The violent scenes can be very mild to just plain graphic.
- There were 39 uses of the "S" word; 15 uses of the "A" word, including 2 with 'hole' at the end; 12 uses of the "H" word; 7 uses of the "D" word, without god at the front; and 2 uses of the "F" word, throughout the movie (Source: subtitles).
- Lots of bad language used by teenagers.
- Jokes about a girl committing suicide before staying and talking to one of the teenage boys
- There were 2 f bombs that were easily known both being what the fu (ck being whispered.) I'm pretty sure I heard one in a song when they are driving in the car and another one when Alex calls the monster a mother (the f word being shut off a little when showing another person.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Camp counselor drinks from flask. It is implied that it is alcohol as they find him passed out drunk later in film. One of the protagonists drinks from the flask as another proclaims "that is not milk" He is shown trying to vomit later.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many of the attacks are borderline graphic and can be frightening to young viewers.
- The alien who is the main antagonist could be very frightening, particularly to young children.
- It contains numerous graphic and horrendous attacks by aliens.
- A drunk, grown man unintentionally urinates on two children.
Violence & Gore
- Dariush is slashed by the alien unexpectedly towards the end of the movie, and is shown in pain and struggling throughout the rest of the movie. He does live so there is no death scene.