Rim of the World (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
Sex & Nudity
- One of the characters in particular makes many crude sexual jokes throughout the film.
- A lot of adult innuendo. Example: Scantily clad female camp counselor tells a boy character to "Put it in her box. Pull it out and stick it in my box". She's talking about putting his phone in her collection bin, but it's filmed in such a wink-wink, nudge-nudge way to make it obvious even to children that it's supposed to be inappropriate.
- At the beginning of the movie, a camp counselor is introducing a new member to other camp counselors. He pulls at the top of another male counselor and says to cover his titties repeatedly.
- One character wears a top that shows her midriff. Another character wears very short shorts and a top that completely exposes her midriff and cleavage and says suggestive things. Several other characters wear similar outfits. Another character makes several inappropriate comments, including talking about having alien genitalia in his mouth and swallowing its semen.
- Inappropriate comments made about which of the young boys will get to "sleep with" the only 13 year old girl. Of course, the kids are all the same age, but all actors looks incredibly young and the jokes are completely unnecessary and creepy.
Violence & Gore
- There is a very clear shot of a woman screaming right before a creature's claw goes through her mouth and presumably through her head. Quite shocking and graphic for younger audience members, but shown for less than a second.
- There are several graphic shots of alien creature(s) attacking the characters, such as a claw going through the mouth and another shot of a limb being forced down the throat of a child.
- Many people dying at the hands of an alien. Also many dead bodies shown, some of which are covered in blood.
- There were 39 uses of the "S" word; 15 uses of the "A" word, including 2 with 'hole' at the end; 12 uses of the "H" word; 7 uses of the "D" word, without god at the front; and 2 uses of the "F" word, throughout the movie (Source: subtitles).
- Lots of bad language used by teenagers.
- Jokes about a girl committing suicide before staying and talking to one of the teenage boys
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Camp counselor drinks from flask. It is implied that it is alcohol as they find him passed out drunk later in film. One of the protagonists drinks from the flask as another proclaims "that is not milk" He is shown trying to vomit later.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many of the attacks are borderline graphic and can be frightening to young viewers.
- The alien who is the main protagonist could be very frightening, particularly to young children.
- Despite the young age of the main characters, this is absolutely not a family film. It contains numerous graphic and horrendous attacks by aliens, in addition to the numerous crude sexual and language issues mentioned above.
Sex & Nudity
- Alien sticks a tentacle down a young teenager's throat. It is later explicitly stated it was the creature's sex organ and throughout the film several crude comments made about this incident.