Leprechaun Returns (TV Movie 2018) Poster

(2018 TV Movie)

THIS MOVIE IS ACTUALLY GOOD!!!
marijenks12 December 2018
I was going in to this movie just like every other reboot or sequel from the 90s horror era that they decided to make now....but for a syfy movie this movie is good and it's funny. The new guy who played the leprechaun did good....Ossie from the original is good in this movie it's worth the watch.....and it's better then tales from the hood 2 and jeepers creepers 3
31 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth a Watch!
jerrodbriggs14 December 2018
This movie was not bad at all. Obviously, don't watch it if your expecting to see an Oscar worthy film but if you are a fan of horror and cool ways to see people die, then give it a go! The director did a great job in taking this movie back to the original in the way of comedy. You won't get scared watching this film but you have a laugh or two. The return of Ozzy was really cool and they did a great job trying in the original film. I think what I enjoyed the most about this movie was the Leprechaun. Trying to fill the shoes of someone like Warwick Davis is pretty darn impossible but Pondo did an excellent job! He was hilarious and brutal just like the leprechaun should be.
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watch it for the Leprechaun
martinperlstam-0097928 December 2018
Giving it a 7 because of the nostalgic feel and the new Leprechaun who steals every scene he's in.

...And also for his words of wisdom while slaying bad acting teens in magical ways.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great comeback - WHERES WARWICK??
leodeholasoyleo12 December 2018
The Leprechaun in this movie is sooo anoying, but the acting was good, not so good. The movie feels like a theatrical release and the Leprechaun makeup, cg, cinemathography are great! It felt like a remake of the original, following the same structure, but in modern days, the jokes were funny, the gore was gross, the horror was scary, everything in this movie works, except i feel something is missing... WARWICK! pd: wtf was that with ozzies ghost seriously that was very goofy
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than origins
calebpackers15 December 2018
Yes I know the actors aren't that great but leprechaun does a damn good job acting better than the creature from origins
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The leprechaun is back better than ever
ruimichael-5378414 December 2018
This is the true sequel of the original movie it has lots of gore, i hope they can continue this franchise for many years, really loved this movie, best movie from syfy channel ever, maybe they can ressurect the wishmaster franchise next, because it also belongs to lionsgate, that would be awesome, and in the future having : WISHMASTER VS LEPRECHAUN. Make it happen and will buy it, ill buy it, that s for sure. And this movie really is great, congratulations to linden porco in is interpretation of the leprechaun, loved the new look, more menacing, hope to hear that a new sequel will come.
20 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super Cheesy
mikedegroot13 December 2018
Not surprisingly at all, this movie is really, really cheesy. They pretty much all are. This film takes the Leprechaun franchise and introduces it to modern society with every cliche you'd imagine. Smartphones, drones, selfies, and Prius jokes are the only things that are really new here. Making a return are the dumb limericks, bad jokes, cheesy effects, over-the-top kills, and subpar acting.

Overall, if you want to turn your mind off and watch a senseless movie (and who doesn't every once in awhile) you could do much worse. But then again, you could also do much better. If you're a fan of the original movies, you'll probably find some value to it. If you were not a big fan of them, this one won't change your mind at all. Very mediocre and low budget. 5/10
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Leprechaun is back just like that
chstad2712 December 2018
Love love love this movie and yes warrick Davis was phenomenal in the original but the new guy might I say just as good or even better.i hope they continue sequels from this storyline. Yes it's dark, gory, scary and funny as hell but c'mon it just works. Great job syfy
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great edition to the franchise!
kyleallencole918 December 2018
I liked how this one was a direct sequel to the original. It was a blast and the deaths scenes were awesome!! The Syfy channel did an awesome job with this one and the guy who played the leprechaun was pretty good! I definitely had fun with it!
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Leprechaun Returns Review
DylanAnglin12 December 2018
I really wanted to like this movie. When I saw the trailer, I thought it wouldn't be that bad. It was, and wasn't. I admire that they at least put effort into the Leprechaun. Sure, he might not look like the original, but I think he looks damn good. I will say there was a lot of cringy scenes, but that has to go with the writing. If you have seen all the Leprechaun films then check this one out. Fans of the first will probably enjoy that this is a direct sequel, but it doesn't live up to the hype.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow exceeded my expectations
lopezger-0385321 December 2018
I'm a huge leprechaun Fan. I really thought that SYFY was going to kill this movie reboot. Like WWE did!!! But Leprechaun Returns really lived up to my expectations and beyond. It's not the best movie but they sure kept my attention watching this movie. They put enough effort to at least make the leprechaun look like the original. I'm glad they put a familiar face in this movie. I'm hoping they do the same in the next one. Maybe bring Alex and Nathan back in the next one. I recommend you guys watch this. If this franchise reboot takes off and keeps the momentum. I would really like to see a Leprechaun Origins like where he came from how he came to be. Leprechaun back to the hood had a great intro. Or maybe take him back to Ireland where Dan Ogrady caught him!!!!!
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Leprechaun series has been revived!
lovemylifeasamomandwife27 December 2018
Finally, A worthy sequel to the original Leprechaun! Definitely the best out of all the sequels.

This is more like the first one, it's entertaining and doesn't take itself too seriously. It was surprisingly more gory than I was expecting- great job with that btw! I like this new Leprechaun, they did a good job with keeping his personality pretty much the same since he's still supposed to be the "original Leprechaun". The acting from the college students was better than average. I would love to watch more sequels!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Leprechaun series is revived!
lovemylifeasamomandwife27 December 2018

This is more like the first one. It's entertaining and it's still a horror/ comedy but doesn't get really silly like the other sequels did. It was surprisingly more gory than I was expecting- great job with that btw! I like this new Leprechaun, they did a good job with keeping his personality pretty much the same since he's still supposed to be the "original Leprechaun". The acting from the college students was better than average. I would love to watch more sequels!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I completely loved this!
juanmuscle21 December 2018
Firstly I need to preface with I love all the Leprechauns! All of them, this was right up there, I thought the Leprechaun team on this new one worked together to do something new and fresh yet really respect the essence of the Leprechaun by retaining his intrinsic greedy avarice attacks! Majorly fun, tons of great dialogue, great one liners, the directing, well here I have to say something; people if you love film check out this freaky director, and when I say freaky I mean fun in the way of way out there super creative paying no heed to the commonplace or who cares about the pulse on middle America, this guy is way out there, out in the field where I want to be and if you love tales check him out. I just found out about him through IMDB and their great site! Right after I watched this I checked it out and boy was I glad, this guy has some super really cool out of this world sort of B films that superly kick major fun butt!

Great great screenplay as well!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amzing
peartalks2 January 2019
This is an amazing film , the best in the series. Hopefully we can get a new Leprechaun film every year now.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't listen to the sayers!
colaof15 January 2019
I went into this movie expecting to be disappointed. I was wrong. I feel like everyone saying that Linden Porco can't fill Warwick's shoes decided beforehand that they were going to hate it, because Porco nailed the character. I'm one of those people who reject recasts too, but Porco surprised me. If you're a fan of the original you have to see this movie. They brought back Ozzie, and really went the extra mile to tie this one to the original so you can believe that this is taking place in the same universe 25 years later. I wish they could have got Aniston to reprise her role, but that would never happen in a million years. Her loss. I really enjoyed the new cast as well. Those claiming the acting wasn't good are lying. It's a Leprechaun movie, it's not meant to be taken seriously. This was the perfect sequel to the original, and I hope it's successful enough to make more. The practical effects were top notch, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the CGI parts weren't very good. However, they didn't have much of a budget so I'll forgive them for it. Go into this movie with an open mind and you won't be disappointed. This is a horror/comedy worthy of your time.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than any of the movies (even 3)
alexhenderson-117112 January 2019
I hated all the Leprechaun movies, except for 3, and kinda in the hood. This one is the absolute best of them all. This leprechaun looks scarier, but is still goofy. Definitely worth the watch.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Far better sequel than it really should be
kannibalcorpsegrinder15 January 2019
Trying to find a new location, a teen hoping to find a new sorority house for her sisters' stumbles upon the house where her mother trapped an evil Irish leprechaun years earlier and have accidentally freed it to assume it's quest for gold, forcing her to use her heritage to stop its rampage.

For the most part, there was quite a lot to like here. Most of the film's better qualities are due to the fact that this one feels like a genuine sequel to the first one and really sells being a part of the franchise. The fact that the house comes back into play once again is a fine piece of continuity, but the characters returning in some familiar roles makes for some solid manner of easing into this one. Adding onto that some fine callbacks that are part of the original and this one offers up a great continuity to the series. That helps to make the slasher scenes all the more enjoyable. Starting with the fine sequence of the Leprechaun emerging from out of the victims' body, this one manages to employ a fine mix of creepy and cheesy. The film manages some creepy scenes with the appearance of the hat stalking her in the flooded basement or the encounter in her bedroom where she finally meets up with the creature, while the cheesiness shines through in the mailman encounter or the later scene with the boyfriend in the woods that results in the best kill of the film. Fueled by a fantastic finale which has some ingenious tactics at the forefront as well as some nice gore, these here hold this one up rather nicely. There are some minor problems with this one. The main issue here is the rather scattershot matter this treats the leprechaun during his rampage as he seems quite unfocused. Knowing that he has the main girl trapped in the basement, who's the only one that's capable of helping him, the fact that he completely ignores her in order to focus on the escaping group which allows her time to discover the way to stop him. Seeing as how that's completely counterintuitive to what his plans are and being so omnipresent about this really doesn't seem likely. The other issue here is the overlong finale that has two or three solid places to end and keeps on going as if unsure of which finish it wants to utilize, turning into a farce of the situation. These here are what hold it back.

Rated Unrated/R: Graphic Violence and Graphic Language.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
leprechaun stompin' on these mumble rappers
bainz1 January 2019
Surprisingly good. I've only seen one of the older flicks - I'm just a casual. The breakdown: low key hilarious at times (his laugh is contagious), pretty gory and lastly ... leprechaun was droppin' some serious lyrics - mumble rappers take note! You can say it was cheesy, complain about the special effects (passable though) or whatever else .... but it definitely wasn't boring - sit back, have a beer and enjoy.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bland and Boring
Dark_Lord_Mark14 December 2018
Pros: Watchable One of the Better scyfy movies

Cons: Not scary Not funny Lacks sex appeal Boring characters Some feminism and male bashing

This seems to be a sort of direct sequel to the first Leprechaun. Yes...I cannot believe it either. It stars a character from the first...who returns for a paycheck, I mean to advance the plot. It is very tame....It wants to be more, but it lacked the sex appeal...although there is sex.

There are a few lines, but it's delivered poorly and the film does show some cheapness. The Leprechaun seems less fun and funny this time around. I think it is due to the era we are in, Liberalism and the reluctance to push the envelope.

I wanted to like it, but the slight push of feminism really holds it back, and so does the acting and plot. 4 out of 10. Maybe with friends it can be better, but overall, as a fan of the series, might be the worst of them all.
10 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Acting was horrible
dmillan-5289014 December 2018
The actors and actresses were over exadderant. The lines were ridiculously lame. The leprechaun himself was more funny than anything which was the only good thing tthat resembled the old series. But the movie and it's actors bombed this movie. Dissapointed.
5 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing.
johndmikey20 December 2018
Being a huge fan of the original Leprechaun films, I definitely had a lot of hope that this one would be good... but after seeing Origins I knew not to expect too much. It was way better than Origins, but tried way too hard to be like it's predessesors... I'd say it's worth a watch, but it isn't something I'd care to see again. Nobody will ever compare to Warwick Davis.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't pay to watch it...
bairjohn13 December 2018
The writing was the worst, although I know it is suppose to be a little comical, they tried way to hard to get laughs. The graphics there was 1 scene kinda cool, and I'm sure that was cg, the rest ahhh...the plot wasn't bad but the writing was honestly garbage, dialogue was just bad. The acting was decent for what they had to work with, that is why I gave it a 4...direction ok as far as flow but blood was to red, and some other stuff was just stupid.

I think this will be my last Leprechaun film, without Warwick Davis to pull it out it just has no appeal to me. Linden Porco did a good job, just wasn't the same.
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I tried to find the fun... I really did!
PsychoBeard66620 June 2019
Lacks the charm of the earlier Warwick Davis efforts. Has no redeeming qualities.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gory as hell
Great young cast really like the lead actress she is so goofy but in a really cute way, some good splatter scenes and comedy bits. Not bad at all
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.