There's Someone Inside Your House (2021) Poster

Wait.... Stop.. who is reviewing this
phelectric6 October 2021
This movie is not good. Bad acting. And stereotypical casting roles. It's just flat out not good. I looked at the other reviewers history, all matching reviews. Shows you fake reviewers are already here and so nervous about their terrible movie they are trying to pump the ratings.

This is just flat out below average filmmaking. Don't waste your time like I did. Just skip it.
49 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reviewers saying they were on the edge of their seat need to get out more
dawesy1016 October 2021
Boring. Uninspired plot. Thinly written characters. Lame kills. Let's all just wait for Scream 5 to save the slasher genre once again.
99 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible Title, Terrible Movie
williamkelly-128108 October 2021
The title alone shows how much thought and care were put into this movie.
42 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yet Another Disposable & Forgettable Offering From Netflix
CinemaClown10 October 2021
The latest entry in the long list of disposable films in Netflix canon, There's Someone Inside Your House is a run-of-the-mill slasher featuring characters one never grows to care about, motivations & purpose that have no footing, and killings that are delightfully grisly & gleeful. The film starts on a promising note but the interest in the premise fizzles out just as quick.

Directed by Patrick Brice (Creep & Creep 2), the script suffers from a myriad of issues, for its characters are poorly sketched, the drama involving them is bland throughout and dialogues are terrible. The narrative borrows elements from other classics of the genre(s) yet fails to do anything productive with that. The story just doesn't have the required emotional weight to it.

Not only is it apparent that Brice didn't write the film but it is also unlikely that he bothered to employ his cinematic skillset on this straightforward teen slasher offering. It hardly reeks of a foreboding atmosphere, the tension & suspense leaves the room just as soon as the build-up, the teen drama is never for once compelling, and the performances from its cast is also meh.

Overall, There's Someone Inside Your House not only fails to bring anything new or refreshing to the genre but is also lacking the goods to deliver a fun, thrilling & entertaining delight. All it has got going for it are a few graphic kills but that's simply not enough to steer the story past the finish line when there is no one to root for and the shortcomings are so glaring. All in all, a forgettable fare.
45 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So Dumb
raven_guest14 October 2021
Very few films manage to be such an epic let down after such an interesting/promising start. The title makes no sense as it doesn't fit the film. The characters are forgettable (though I'm sure the actors are very in good in other projects) I didn't care about any of them which makes watching difficult as you're just hoping everyone gets offed. The lead's 'mysterious' background isn't interesting, there's no reason why her parents weren't around (divorce is mentioned but that doesn't excuse not being around) and her friends aren't around long enough/evolved enough to be concerned with. There's too much focus on the relationship between Ollie and Makani and it isn't worth bothering with. The 'twist' was dumb. The actions of most of the cast were incredibly dumb and unbelievable and I just wanted it to end.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The title has nothing to do with the film
bangel33226 October 2021
I really like the idea of this film as it's something I've not seen before; the killer wearing masks of his/her victims faces. I thought the opening was brilliant. I was intrigued, excited and tense watching it. The death/attack scenes throughout the film were good, although at times slightly far fetched. There were instances when the film fell a little flat and it was a little too obvious who the killer was, which was a shame as they didn't manage to build up enough of a suspect list. And so even with a great idea, it turned into every other low budget teen horror film. By the end, it had turned into one big cliche. I have not read the book and therefore I cannot make comparisons as to if the movie followed the book or which was better. I had high expectations for this but unfortunately I ended up quite disappointed. And when I think of some of the brilliant horror/thriller books I've read that should be turned into films or TV shows, it seems like such a waste. 4/10 simply for the idea and particular scenes.
37 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Annoying main characters
Phantomboy10114 October 2021
I love a cheesy slasher but it just seemed this tried way too hard. All the characters in this felt way scripted and unrealistic, and lacked like-ability. This felt a little bit like scream and I know what you did last summer, Craven vibes but not good lol. The kills weren't very good either.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Most boring slasher movie ever!
geethugeorge13 October 2021
Please don't waste your time watching this. It was predictable and there's no interesting factor in the movie.. by the middle of the movie I was bored.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing Slasher-like Film
noahharrigan13 October 2021
I found this movie last night as it was recently added to Netflix's horror genre. It looked very interesting and I gave it a watch without hesitation. The film really lacks character development, the story is very rush, and the overall story just isn't very good at all. The only good part of the film was the couple of murder scenes that were well done and looked great. Disappointed is an understatement as I had high hopes for this film.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable and awful slasher film
jakethesnake-4200710 October 2021
The opening kill scene was good and the second one was too but then it went down fast. What an awful just awful teen slasher film. There's so much pointless characters that it made me so mad. The killer is predictable. It's boring and pointless. Just awful don't waste to her time. Another bad Netflix film.
22 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's an ok slasher...but the 10 star ratings are FAKE!
JJett1313136 October 2021
This movie is just ok. It does have a couple of good kills but none of the characters, especially the main/lead girl, are likable. In fact the lead girl is kind of a dick. The way she treats the guy she uses for sex/drugs (he's actually a nice person) is abhorrent which makes it nearly impossible to root for her to survive.

Again, not the worst slasher ever but the 10 out of 10 stars ratings (i'd bet all from the same person) are fake. This movie is watchable but completely forgettable. There's nothing OUTSTANDING or all that memorable about it. Even the killer's masks don't have the intended "freaky"/scary (or whatever) impact the makers of the film had wanted.
70 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a bad Movie
franp19826 October 2021
I am fed up of horror not taking the genre seriously.

All current horror movies are the same. They pretend to be funny and 80's vibe and music. But funny in a bad way.

Please movie creators follow Scream or Halloween movies!
61 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well...
lhurzele8 October 2021
They seemed to forget they were writing a slasher, instead drifting into an unaware, or maybe overly self aware, coming of age story in modern times. As a result I played 2048 which is a very simple yet addicting game which, despite being low tech and numbers based, kept my attention longer than this film.
20 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumb
jp28199524 October 2021
I would've given this a 5 if it was that kind of dumb fun slasher movie. But this movie is just one thing...dumb.

Most of the dialogues are just bad. The story is typical, nothing new...boringggg. I nearly fell asleep but I made it to the end. Congratulations to me!

The acting of the whole cast is ok. None of the killing scenes are even suspenseful or scary. The ending is extremely predictable. You'll know who it is from the start because it's really obvious.

This movie doesn't give us anything new. It's bland. I won't even recommend this for Halloween. Not fun at all.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Someone wishes they were Wes Craven!
Go_For_The_Jugular7 October 2021
Some doosh bag watched a ton of Wes Craven films and thought "I can do that!"...but failed miserably.

Absolute carbon copy of films like 'Scream', 'I know what you did last summer' and the like.

Horrible, unlikeable characters...boring story, awful pacing...it just goes nowhere!

A couple of the killings were good, besides that, an absolute embarrassment.
29 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just Say No
tenyuuh7 October 2021
I can't believe I watched the whole movie. I kept expecting it to get a little better or smarter but it just got more stupid. Avoid at all costs.
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not literally every horror movie has to be about misfits.
Kolobos5111 October 2021
The second this movie started and I saw a white boy in a letterman's jacket, I thought "Well, he's going to turn out evil then die." Since IT Chapter 1, it seems like every horror flick has to be about bullied nerds and outcasts and I'm legit sick of it. That is not everyone's school experience so maybe let's get a little variety in here.

Aside from that, generic slasher, not much terror, unmemorable all around, James Wan's influence is not felt at all.
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did we need this movie to be made?
Imashelbob6 October 2021
I'm legitimately wondering why this movie was even made. It is nothing new, exciting, special. It was ok as a one time watch if you're willing to overlook stupid decisions, usual teenage drama and an obvious plot twist.
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If This Is Modern Day Horror, Please Take Me Back To The 80s!!!
wandernn1-81-6832747 October 2021
This movie was really really bad. But, I did make it to the end! So it gets a minimum of 2 Stars! 2/10.
101 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad movie, even worse performances
lareval10 October 2021
The idea is fine, the execution is bad and the story goes worse and worse as time runs out. But the worst part, with all due respect, are the performances: just awful. Such a mess of a movie, Netflix should do better.
27 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wrong Title, Bro
jeroduptown9 October 2021
It's a decent High School horror, where someone is printing 3D masks of their victims and revealing their dark secrets through their death. But the title doesn't fit what happens...at all.
29 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Netflix, do not underestimate our intelligence
ysasiweb7 October 2021
C'mon, we are grown up people... this is all beyond any willing suspension of disbelief even for slasher/horror movie lovers.

I wasn't expecting something so dumb from the guy who brought us something as clever and wicked like both Creep and Creep 2 What a waste of time...
36 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing new, quite boring
fajarsantoso6 October 2021
This is your standard horror movie with the standard ingredients: group of highschool students, blood, knife, unknown killer, small community.

Don't bother...
32 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
jordanchadd7 October 2021
As a huge fan of scary movies and even B rated scary movies, this was just an absolute joke, very slow plot that felt like it was trying to be the next scream movie. It was boring slow and very repetitive. I am glad I did not pay for this.
19 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
nothing new to the genre im afraid.....
geeza20067 October 2021
This is yet another teen who done it thriller that weve all watced before, i wish someone would put a unique twist on these type of movies its always the same thing, killer wears a mask why i dont know because the only people that see them get killed anyway, and the killer always seem to feel sorry for them selves in one way or another so ill kill all my friends, and the girlfriend thinks her boyfriend is involved, come on man its getting old now. I really looked forward to watching this just in case it was different from the rest, but nope more of the same and not as good, so ultimately it was a big let down and a very reasonable 2 is all i could give.
18 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.