Badla (2019) Poster

(2019)

A remake shouldn't mean copy paste
yusufhotelwala9 March 2019
When you watch a remake of an outstanding movie with some mind-blowing twist in the end and some amazing cinematography and acting, you already have your expectations at the next level. To be really fair, I was awestruck after watching "An invisible guest" and the effect it left after, but I still watched Badla with a neutral mind and gave it a genuine try. But at the end, I felt I just saw a translated version of it's original. It's a screen by screen copy paste along with 90 percent of the dialogues. The only change was the gender. Come on Ghosh ji, use some of your creativity. Why would you just remake the movie exactly the same. Remake doesn't mean copy paste. For instance, look at Don. That's a fab remake, it not only gave justice to it's predecessor but also took it to a different level. For those of you who liked Badla, just watch it's original and you will understand my super disappointment.
246 out of 327 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor copy - Invisible Guest --> ctrl + c ---> ctrl + v = Badla
chahatsharma-8625110 March 2019
Same script...Same Dialogue.. No creativity just money making film.. suggest to watch original movie invisible guest...It's on netflix..Dont waste money for duplicate
118 out of 166 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An interesting remake
FrenchEddieFelson14 August 2019
First thing first, be aware that this movie is a 99% remake of the excellent 2-year-old movie Contratiempo (2016). Just switch the genders and the Hispanic actors with hindi ones. In August 2019, both movies are available on Netflix but, for some unexplained reason, Netflix does not connect them in the 'more like this' section. That's weird!

Then, is Badla (2019) a bad remake? Objectively and definitely no! I think bad reviews come from anger at seeing a remake without knowing it. And that's fully understandable. You are now officially warned!

Finally, I catch a glimpse of two possibilities: 1) either you have already seen Contratiempo (2016) and I kindly invite you to strongly postpone the screening of this remake, unless you unfortunately suffer from Alzheimer or 2) you haven't already seen Contratiempo (2016) and you have the choice between a Hispanic atmosphere or a hindi one.
35 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wudnt give a higher rating for a copy movie.
jloabs19 July 2019
For people who do not enjoy international cinema, they should. An exact replica of the Spanish movie The Invisible Guest with just the roles switched. I knew from the very first few moments. Disappointed abit.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
recycling level - can't even come up with a decent name
aniketgupta0514 April 2019
It is based on (copied off) from the invisible guest , the original movie climax hit hard and the movie title didn't gave any thing away , this movie deserves more than 1 star as its not that bad movie but i gave it 1 star because of the friggin title , i mean what were they thinking anyone with a common sense would have figure what was happening at the end because the title gave it away = badla (the just cant even come up with a decent name, wow)
34 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even aft watching the original in 2017, i got pulled into seeing this cos of two reasons.
Fella_shibby22 March 2019
After having already seen The Invisible Guest in 2017 n having posted a review of it, two things really pulled me into seeing this official remake : the top notch cinematography n Mr. Bachan. The trailer looked as if they did more expenditure compared to the original n the movie proved it.

The plot is the same but with a small change, in the original, a businessman stands accused of murdering his lover as he was found with the lover's dead body in a locked hotel room. But in this case they made a businesswoman an accused.

The London locations r awesome, the marshland and woodlands of the rural area is picturesque. The spooky hotel a la The Shining in the middle of nowhere really stands out.

Another good aspect is that there r no songs n dance, no hero bashing goons matrix style, no jingoism, no six packs, etc.
47 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Copycat
kalpeshhemant-3020315 September 2019
Why praise this movie when it's a carbon copy of an original movie from another country - smh
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Write your own movie
laurapaan3 September 2019
Poor copy of the way better original movie - acting is poor and storyline literally the same. Woud recommend spending your evening differently!
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Copy and paste
arbinsubba10 August 2019
Exact copy n paste of an invisible guest..... That is what we are good at....
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
COPIED
abhishek-3728719 March 2019
The movie is a poor remake of spanish film " The Invisible Guest" and I think deserves 1 star for making effort to copy the film.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V = Inspiration for Bollywood !! What a Shame !!
hriday12320 July 2019
I always wonder why Bollywood has to inspire this much which leads to copy paste only !!! We have many great writers/novels/short stories to make movies !!

Even Amitabh choose to work this kinda movie is indeed shows his desperation to earn money I feel because as an actor he doesn't has anything to prove anymore and he has super power, why can't he pledge to work on creative/fresh/genuine script only !!

if you see any good review of acting, cinematography and all...they don't know what is cinema !!

Rather watch original movie !
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Copy of the Spanish original 2016th Contratiempo.
virindra25 August 2019
I have seen the Original Spanish version of this movie last year and rated it an eight. I knew the 2019th Badla was a direct copy of that movie. What interested me was how they would change the most famous Amitabh Bachchan in an unknown man.

Everything of Badla is the same of the movie Contratiempo. Well almost everything. Badla is an Indian production and the main characters of Contratiempo changed from gender in the Indian version. I liked seeing Amitabh perform, especially knowing the story and the plot twist at the end. Yes I can say the acting is very solid.

But here is my thing. I am not a supporter of people who copy movies. Instead of putting all the effort in making Badla, they could have supported Contratiempo as a good movie. Maybe people of India should look outside the box, that is called India. There are many good movies made in other countries. Please don't copy movies, because you ran out of original ideas of your own.

Good movie. But because it is a copy, it does not deserve a high rating. If this movie would have been the original, I would have given it my fullest support.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Copy
tariqabozayid21 June 2019
Copy from spanish movie, please create new, if you watch invisible guest, do not watch this
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stolen story
s-alsaiary19 April 2019
I am sorry this movie doesn't deserve this rating Stolen story it was the same in everything The original film is the invisible guest
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cheap ripoff
stangerjoe16 March 2019
A scene by scene cheap ripoff of the movie 'Contratiempo' aka The invisible guest.
33 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spoiler Free Review of Badla
#BadlaReview Sujoy Ghosh continuously failed to meet the expectations that he had created with Kahaani! But the expectations of his comeback were always high. Trailer made Badla look like that comeback movie. And yes, indeed it is that movie.

The whole cast's performances were very realistic and top class.

In this revenge Drama, not even a single character is set till the end. Every now and then you keep wondering who is protagonist and who is antagonist.

Oh, forgot to mention. There are some references to Mahabharata as well. Also, if you pay attention, below lines become very powerful.
  • Me 6 dekhu jo tum mjhe dikha rhi ho ya isme chhipa hua 9 dekhu.
  • Answers lies in the details.

So we all know that it's a revenge story (Title gives that away). But who is taking revenge? Is this revenge of only one person?

What I liked: Direction, acting of the entire cast especially Amitabh, Tapsee and Amrita, production value, screenplay, suspense.

What I didn't like: All the characters are shown very intelligent. I can accept that. But sometimes they do silly mistakes, which is not acceptable on seeing their intelligence.

Overall: There is not even a single frame that will bore you. Its one of the rare Bollywood movie which keep you engaged from the word GO. Badla is not one of its kind movie but its one of the best of its kind. Have you watched Kahaani, Drishyam or Andhdhun? Then you must watch #Badla.
44 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad remake of The Invisible Guest
dini121410 March 2019
This is not what i was expecting from this movie , this is just out and out copy of the masterpiece spanish movie , they should have change climax scene a bit , they just copied it ..bad background music , the only +point in this movie is performance by Taapshee and Big b ....... plz watch original spanish movie which is far better than badla in every department 👌
30 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Copy-paste
halemarafa22 April 2019
Flipped copy from The original film (invisible guest) , no need for that specially that the original movie just produced from 3 years only
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why you still making copies?
samkp-8138317 March 2019
Really don't we have enough writers to give an interesting badla story? There may be thousands of scenarios for revenge. But copy paste is the culture may be. So disappointed.
27 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a waste
mishu01716 April 2019
Over rated! Amitabh most over rated actor.. Bad copy paste!
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEST IN CLASS AND ITS GENRE!
shikharyadav-756118 March 2019
Simply outstanding. Without wasting time who are reading my review please do watch this mouth watering suspense mystery..2hours of pure class acting by whole cast.. Please go for it.
43 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Only one word "Awesome"
menishantdabre9 March 2019
Revenge is not right every time, and forgiveness is not right every time. And every time the truth is not "true", and every time lies are not "lies". very deep in Must watch 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Only one word "Awesome" and Suspense is something else ...
42 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pathetic lackluster attempt to copy the original The Invisible Guest
santropy9 August 2019
No need to say that it is an unoriginal idea or story as it is a remake of the Spanish The Invisible Guest(2016). When it came to acting, better than watching Tapsee and that Arjun character watching paint dry is more entertaining. I won't go on writing all the other things that are wrong with it, but will suggest you go watch the original "The Invisible Guest".
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Copy Film
grafixplanner30 April 2019
Because of a copy movie i m rating only 5 otherwise a good story.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Balant copy from Netflix movie Invisible Guest
sandeepr-84-68875830 April 2019
This is so embarrassing, this movie is a balant copy of Netflix movie "Invisible Guest" which was released on 2016.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.