Flack (TV Series 2019– ) Poster

(2019– )

Actually an 8 but wanted to make up for unfair reviews.
vicky-18525 February 2019
I really enjoyed this, I don't understand why everyone left such bad reviews. It definitely isn't boring, I think maybe you need to watch a could of episodes? I thought that it was entertaining and although there was a lot of things happening to nice the plot along, it was amusing and felt believable, apart from the typical mean blonde girl... she needed more depth. Anna was really good, and so was the person who played her sister. I hope there is a 2nd season.
21 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyable, funny, rude and perfectly timed.
newtownnimbus23 February 2019
So I will be the first to admit that this .at not be everyone's cup of tea. That said, I think it is one of the freshest, notable comedies on TV at the moment and worth digging out from your on demand.

The cast are fantastic, headed by the very talented Anna Paquin (who I feel is in a role that has really shown her versatility), which leads to a story so intertwined you will struggle to remember exactly who fits in to what part of which thing. This isn't a negative, moreso a slight intro to the whirlwind lifestyle portrayed on screen by the cast. Sophie Okonedo, playing Caroline the boss, is perfection (needless to say). Her ability to put over on screen such a fierce, intimidating, but actually quite complex character is a must see, only rivalled here by the lesser known but definite future household name Rebecca Benson, who plays Melody, the timid, wonderfully likeable intern with great comedy timing and the rare ability to make something funny without overdoing it.

At only 6 episodes, the first series does feel rather short and by the time you have gotten to grips with the amazing ability of Eve (Lydia Wilson) to insult everyone in less than 3 seconds, you will be wanting more.

The writers daring to include the names of many real celebrities is what really adds to the credibility of the script and daring to touch on issues that are so relevant right now (#metoo) is handled well, finding humour in the parts it's ok to poke fun at, whilst reminding us through the characters that actually, it really isn't regardless of who you are.

It's definitely a series to keep an eye on, I wouldn't be surprised to see it picked up by a bigger channel, both here and in the UK, but only if season 2 is longer though.

I need to see just what happens next to the characters, I'm already invested.
18 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very funny writing
essexgirlelizabeth6 March 2019
Loved it, very funny writing. Can never just watch one episode
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Might work as a film
prosper123 February 2019
A film of this subject with a three act structure might have been good, but as a series and after the 1st episode I think the ratings will tank.

Stereotypical card board caricatures of the PR industry saving troubled lives of Stereotypical card board caricatures of celebrity industry--- closeted gay footballer, cheating celeb chef publicly known as a wonderful family man; think Ray Donovan without violence and Ray Donovan without violence is pretty lame.

Again we see wanton unsatisfying sex, throwaway emotional scenes about the lead's dead mom, lots of drugs, lots of booze and cigarettes. Overall boring and with nothing redeeming or new. As a rom/com movie of 90 minutes or so it would have a chance, but I don't see a rabbit being pulled out of a hat.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Clever Hillarious Writing
avolfan231 March 2019
I have not loved a comedy like this in quite a while. Clever Writing and Great Chemistry amonst the characters. Love it.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ugly
copywrangler2 March 2019
Relentlessly ugly characters in a grim tableau of tedious despair without the grim laughs.
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stupid Ray Donovan comparisons.
bexfair1 March 2019
Apart from the 'fixer' for celebs, this is nothing like and not trying to be anything like Ray Donovan, as some have said .😂 A good mix of funny with some dark undertones. I rather loved it tbh. I think folk should definitely give it a chance.

Also scoring a 10, to make up for IMO the unfair reviews.
10 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bored
angeladuggal28 February 2019
Downloaded 6 episodes and sat down to watch. Really looking forward to watching. I managed half an hour the decided I couldn't waste any more of my time in this. So bored. Nothing interesting happened in all that time. Deleted all downloads
12 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mostly boring...
hetalkstoangles24 February 2019
It was a bad sign that I guessed the big reveal of the first scene within seconds.

The actors were trying very hard to breathe some life into this but to no avail. Quick cuts, a frantic soundtrack, wafer thin plot and meaningless dialogue doom Flack.

It was very, very woke, though. Every main character, except one, is a strong, sassy woman, doing everything a man can do, but better.

We have definitely achieved something that could be considered equality. These characters would would have been equally unlikable and unrelatable, if they were men.

As I was writing this, I dropped the score down from a 3 to a 2...with the only thing keeping it from 1 was that I liked Anna Paquin in True Blood.

It's free so whether or not you watch it should depend entirely on what you think your time is worth.
12 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A boring Ray Donovan wannabe.
garda-land2000023 February 2019
This is poor wannabe, there was a time when you had golden TV series, but since the outrage crowd we get this and many other utter trash.

A better name for this would be Flop or Flap, is not funny, t is not interesting, probably the target audience are women, so keep that in mind.
13 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible acting and rubbish storylines......
bevowen12 March 2019
Watched first two episodes and that was enough. Acting is terrible and over the top. The blonde one who orders the intern around is cringely embarrassing and an insult to PR professionals....don't bother watching, there is better out there!!,
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ray Donovan without Ray.
whatithinkis23 February 2019
She's a fixer with high profile clients. Fine. The problem is the writing is weak, the directing weaker and it all just leaks away.
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely loved it
lyndowns-629763 March 2019
Wow. Didn't realise Anna was that flexible, and Lydia was a revaluation. How on earth anyone can compare it to the flat and wooden Ray Donavon is beyond me so so much better. Can't wait for series two..
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funniest Show I've Seen for a Very Long Time
rsimpkins-4492918 March 2019
I was somewhat sceptical when I first saw this show on Catchup but gave it a go and it is the funniest show I've seen in a long time. The show about a clumsy PR executive who tries to sort out other people's lives but who can't even get to grip with her own, is a classic. Eve her sarcastically vicious colleague is her perfect sidekick who tries to make the intern's (Melody) life as difficult as possible but whom comes into her own in the final episode of the series. It's a classic not to be missed.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Addictive TV!
miffy_uk12 March 2019
A funny and clever script, with perfect casting. Sophie Okonado is glorious as Caroline, the scary boss! Plenty of very strong characters who are flawed, but deeply relatable. I couldn't wait a week for the next episode, I had to download them all and binge watch - twice. A fascinating insight into the world of celebrity PR - which I have a feeling is probably pretty true to life! Can't wait for the next series.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Show Tries Too Hard
davidsask23 February 2019
I feel like the premise of this series/cinema wise has been done lots before! I don't care to do any extended search. If someone else is in agreeson finds Iarge or small similarities I can't put direct finger on, List them out!

Lots' and lots' of gutter mouth, With that being said I prefer Anna doing that when on True Blood. The co-worker with blonde hair, is ripping her character likeness from Patsy on Absolutely Fabulous most certain! The mousy frumpy intern assistant, not quite "Bubbles' but time will tell. I didn't like the ending ('introduction character') of episode given what her character did in 'one' day!!! I think many find same opinion there.

Will give this show one more go! In mean- time,find something more productive to do, that this hour, takes and stick with that. Perhaps binge or PVR watch after read whole series reviews. Is only 6 episodes. Since this airs on niche channel in USA (POP!) Be curious how ratings demographic work out/ where also airs around world! Points for getting rights to 21 Pilots, "Stressed Out" song on end credits. Would not be cheap.
8 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It gets better...
Veritas999 March 2019
Actually, it started like a Ray Donovan typical episode, but now is more like a PR fixer. I will definitely continue to see it. I only wonder why she is always wearing the same pair of shoes... And why almost all dialogues in the agency are spitted very fast ( except "Caroline" - great character) ? I had to rewind sometimes to fully enjoy the typical english humour...
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fast paced and witty.
viviennewade11 March 2019
Fantastic script, full of witty one liners - worth a re-watch to catch all the gags you missed first time. Strong female characters who control the chaos which unfolds in their professional lives, yet are unable to do the same in private. Great casting, and lots of guest stars. The best comedy drama I've seen in years. I'm keeping everything crossed for another series!
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The same shoes in three episodes?!
predragazdejkovic11 March 2019
When you see the first episode you can say that it's a European show. It's dark, it's bizarre, it's real. I love the show, but why is she wearing the same shoes? Hello, any respectable PR women would never been seen in the same shoes twice, but we see her in the same shoes in three episodes!!! That's a big minus!
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny and bing-worthy
Jessblake257 March 2019
Loving Flack! Real life lead character who isn't always likeable is brilliant. Up there with Suits and Scandal!
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally something good on TV!
emmahydrangea9 March 2019
Have been so over all the reality TV crap that seems to be everyway these days. Finally something good to watch! And a bonus that it stars our (New Zealand) Anna! Drama, Funny, interesting story lines and a captivating watch all around! So looking forward to more Flack!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny, witty, entertaining
micifuca8 March 2019
I've been looking for a good show to watch and I'm so happy I found this one. Anna Paquin's character is energetic, witty and interesting. I love feminist dialogues in the show. The one that starts with "what's the difference?" in episode 1, was really spot-on. Hopefully, there will be a season 2.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tedium and unpleasantness praised as drama.
rptrezise17 March 2019
Poor script that tries to sensationalise publicists and their immoral acts. Vast majority of the characters are extremely unlikeable and, much as the job generally seems to attract the amoral types, not sure it's a worthwhile topic. It definitely isn't funny, despite a nudge, nudge, wink, wink approach. Performances are often phoned in and characters are stereotypical. Predatory, aloof boss? Tick. Conflicted lead who's lying to everyone? Tick. Sex mad friend/colleague? Tick. Naive and, as yet innocent, newbie? Tick. Moron for a partner/husband/any other male who isn't a target for the lead? Tick. In short, my wife is watching it and I'm generally finding better things to do, such as watching the rain, listening to the wind and wondering how long it'll be before the beeper goes off on the oven and I can check the potatoes.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.