The Tashkent Files (2019) Poster

Well researched and informative
vermapriyankamunjal12 April 2019
First thing i did was to buy "KGB book". There are so many facts India's first family hid from indians that history we read as kids seems so irrelevant. I suddenly feel this urge to dwelve deep into what all lies are hidden! Thank you ensemble cast and Vivek Agnihotri for reviving and reinstating our faith in meaningful political films... loved Ms Basu...
97 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A blatant truth that was hidden.
Taranarana12 April 2019
I watched the movie, I got home, I read some ebooks about the tashkent case. The movie was right. Why was the truth hidden from us? It's a must watch to make people aware of the evils in the society. The dialogues were the best part of the movie. Acting by Mithun day was awesome. I would appreciate it if the cinematography could have been improved. I hated some awkward camera angles. Otherwise it was a fantastic movie. Must watch.
103 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NDTV gave 0.5 stars
parmeshmishra13 April 2019
NDTV gave this 0.5 stars so you need to watch it , as simple as that .
208 out of 233 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must watch film for every Indian :well Researched and Very Informative
saheblearning14 April 2019
I request all the Indians to watch that movie. Thanks to Vivek Agnihotri for picking that Issue which the government always wanted to hide from us. I really feel so ashamed after watching that movie that our 2nd PM died but no one cares. Even our education system want us to forget about Shastri Ji. RIP Sir, we are so sorry that we didn't honoured you with the honour you deserve.
66 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lot of Ground Work done
s_agnihotry13 April 2019
Difficult subject was taken and tried to present it to people Audience will walk out of Movie with questions why this happens to PM Shastriji Don't go by media review.. They have rated it bad due to Vivek Agnihotry's political alignment
65 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a boring political movie, this is a hair raising thriller
RPrasaad13 April 2019
This movie not a boring political movie, this is a hair raising thriller. A must watch for everyone.
66 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gripping Political Thriller
Mkb159213 April 2019
It was India's answer to the Da Vinci Code. Although not as fast paced as the Dan Brown movie, the Tashkent Files was engaging enough. The movie presents certain hidden facts regarding the death of Shastri Ji which we Indians must know.
68 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fabulously scripted.... and written perfect piece of historic and political fiction.
aayushitanna12 April 2019
So awesome that vivek ji has openly talked about some of the most sensitive and day to day issues like secularism with such a beautiful way. Awesome narrative skills and acting is just out of the world. Thanks for the master piece...🙏👍
64 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outstanding
maheshkendre13 April 2019
Don't go for critics review. It is one of the well made movie. Must watch
59 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Conspiracy Theory/ Alternative Truth - Packs Punch, raises questions..
ratish-pandya14 April 2019
Ask anyone from earlier generation and they will collaborate the the story. Some parts may be exaggerated for impact. There is no denying the fact what transpired was highly questionable. It has not yet erased from collective memory. The movies uses a hearing committee construct to bring in different views. Some characters are underdeveloped or under utilized. Usage of interview and archive shots make things more believeable. The transition of protagonist from scoop seeking to truth seeking is a good arch. There are strong performances, each character has strong dialogue based on their view point. Standout being Shweta and Mithun da. I wish Naseer's track was more 3-dimentional.

Being conspiracy theory / alternative truth theme the story packs punch, raised uncomfortable questions and expands narrative that public was intentionally miss-informed.

It is great to see such an attempt in Indian cinema where in the past mere similarities in script to real life events could get it banned. Take a bow Vivek Agnihorti!!
38 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meticulously narrated, must watch...
dearparth12 April 2019
Finally Shashtriji being paid tribute, respect and given justice which was long due... Lutyeans ecosystem exposed... A must watch for every supporter of Lal Bahadur Shashtriji.... Beautifully narrated, meticulously detailed story... A must watch...
68 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't miss it at any cost
sahoreanupam14 April 2019
Oh man! What a movie this was. A real eye opener. How cunningly the facts were hidden from the general public. I was aware of secret agencies (CIA, KGB) role to some extent however, the movie has completely disclosed the motives of the key people behind this conspiracy. Movie is a must-watch for all Indians and I urge all of you to watch it along with your family as we Indians deserve to know the truth. How US and USSR were playing with us by supporting a certain "Grand Old Party" will just shock you. Howeverbe, be aware that this is not your another popcorn flick which you enjoy at weekends. But since the director Vivek Agnihotri has taken such a big risk, we should support him.

Go watch this movie and be informed of what was not told to you.
34 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Story that had to be told!
vermapriyankamunjal12 April 2019
42 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant !!! Why it too someone so long to make a movie on Shastri ji.
sidshivam13 April 2019
Absolutely brilliant movie. Book the first ticket you get and go...
32 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very interesting movie.
soumi_1112 April 2019
I was looking at several review before going to see this movie but i am amazed.All I can say those reviews are a bit biased against the film.A critic called the movie "not factual" , well its not directors fault at all,the movies was inspired by Anuj Dhar book who is a great author. critics may say its "hysterics into history" but at least Vivek has the courage to show what "history" is.The film is not perfect but it's not bad to be given 1 star review by some critics.
49 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Factual Movie!! Not a regular masala movie...
kashchokshi13 April 2019
This movie leaves in a thought about how well do we really know about our own country and its history Our whole life, (at least my generation) we have only been taught about pre independence history and very little about post independence Cant comment on authenticity but it spark some questions about why no investigations were made for death of then acting Prime Minister of India and that too on Foreign soil especially when he was there to sign treaty with the country whom we were at war with Fact of our country being people are more interested in masala movies rather then watching factual movies like this Definitely worth watching movie for people interest in history
30 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply Superb - Thanks Vivek
navsingh112 April 2019
It's an eye opener how politics in India was ran by main political party. They did what felt good to promote one family and destroyed every other achiever of India like Shastri Jee
40 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superb cast with some hard hitting dialogues
reapersim13 April 2019
Movie starts with questioning a case and ends up solving it but in a way where you'll be given the choice whether to end up believing things the way they are told to us or start investigating things yourself as the movie provides us with full source on where to look for more information. The whole point of this movie was to seek the truth.

The way cast argued on some points really gave goosebumps as to how history can be so easily manipulated.

It's a MUST WATCH as these movies don't generally end up in our movie theatres. ROMANCE, ACTION, DRAMA are good but Bollywood need these films to come out of the shell.
26 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superbly Fantabulous Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
adarshsoni4912 April 2019
Din't know the real story of mysterious death of Lal Bahadur Shastri but glad to see that this movie en lighted lots of loop holes which i didn't know exactly Enlighten your self as I did with movie Must watch for history lovers
45 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A film on perhaps India's biggest cover-up
devendrapai12 April 2019
The Tashkent Files

Just out of a special screening of #TheTashkentFiles. Produced by Pallavi Joshi and Vivek Agnihotri, the movie revolves around the mystery surrounding Lal Bahadur Shastri's death. It raises many questions and also provides accounts and documents regarding the mysterious death surrounding the second Prime Minister of India.

If you loved Buddha in a Traffic Jam and felt Vivek Agnihotri was brutally honest and polticially incorrect in making that film, he goes one level up with The Tashkent Files and points fingers at even more powerful people and the ideology that drives them.

A must watch for the present generation who have never read much on Lal Bahadur Shastri beyond the fact that he was the second Prime Minister of India, this docu drama brings out unpleasant questions of India's tryst with destiny - a destiny which seems to be on a cross roads once again as we head towards #LokSabha2019.

And not just this, with Tashkent Files, the makers of the film also expose the magnitude with which the left eco system has systematically infiltrated multiple spheres of our life.

I always wondered why could our film makers not come up with a movie revolving around the life and death of Shastri ji.

Unfortunately based on his death, this movie does attempt to give us a glimpse of his life and the man that Shastri ji was. I will give it 5/5 to Vivek Agnihotri for having the courage to choose this theme to make a movie on.
39 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
an eye opener
gudakesh00713 April 2019
Everyone should see this movie to understand how the entire nexus of global politics works and how we are fooled to believe in a bunch of lies
24 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must watch
hinajain-3339913 April 2019
Nice movie with intriguing facts about the mystery surrounding the death of second prime minister of India shastriji..
26 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superhit
prafull_rawal12 April 2019
Superhit movie.. bollywood should make movie like this.
28 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The truth that Indians were misinformed about.
debatrimajumder12 April 2019
This movie will just blow your mind. It's just not a movie its a history that Indians were misinformed about. After watching this movie will get to know how a major political party carried out their evil deeds just to be the head of the nation. The actual truth was coveredup by that political party just maintain their position.
37 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
EXCELLENT INVESTIGATION MOVIE
sunilpanat-4851714 April 2019
Lal Bahadur Shastri's death was shrouded in mystery. This film with facts reveals the secret. Good attempt by Vivek Agnihotri.
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.