Legacies (TV Series 2018– ) Poster

(2018– )

A let down for watchers of The Originals
skip-9875630 November 2018
Im sure anyone who loved the Originals was eager to check out its spinoff, but this does Not carry on the Legacy, pun intended...The Originals was intense, adult, and superbly acted whereas the the spinoff comes across as a typical teen agnst,soapy,Harry potter meets xaviers school from xmen kind of vib..It is full of siliness, fantasy, monster of the week nonsense withe the shallowest of storylines and poor acting from the young ones...Granted,they Are kids, but THIS kid, Hope, could have been the center around which a serious,dark themed layered story could have been written... she has a dark past, dark parents and scarey levels of power that could be tapped in her and stories built around her dealing with the Legacy that her parents left her with..THATS what id like to see! Not this kidsy ,silly monster, harry potter themed stuff...im still watching becuz i love Anything with vampire,werewolf,mutant, witches or superpowered beings ,but this show needs to shift gears into seriousness, touch upon Hopes dark side, and make the show more about That ,otherwise its going down the toilet after 1 season..
200 out of 258 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doesn't compare to TVD or TO
ahmorris-5885115 April 2020
Legacies isn't horrible but it's definitely for a younger audience. You might as well deal with the pain once you finish TVD and TO and move on rather than cling to this last ounce of hope (haha). This show had so much more potential that was pretty much ignored. It adds in tons of mythical creatures which could've been interesting only they made it so immature. It's honestly as if the writer became a middle schooler over night. Another thing is the acting. I'm sorry but other than (Obviously Rick) Josie, Lizzie, Landon, and Hope (who can be a stretch most times) , the actors and actresses either have little talent or are not given the platform to properly present their talent. I think we all had high expectations to which few were met. I'm so disappointed to be saying this and truly wish it were different, but don't waste your time unless you have nothing else to do.
50 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!
tatiimansour30 April 2020
I have watched TVD and TO like 5 times each.. i am IN LOOOVE with the story, the characters, the depths of everything as i am crazy about the cast! This legacies series have disappointed me and every one i know who were fans of TO and TVD.. I mean come on, we have lost the essence of werewolves, vampires and witches to mythical monsters without a background story! The villains are RIDICULOUS with terrible acting! and seriously.. they put a mascot to play a wolf ? what is this? Red riding hood volume 2 ?

Hope is the daughter of the greatest character of all three series.. Julie Plec ruined her and her character and this is not the legacy (pun intended) that the previous shows have left behind! Honestly i keep watching this in respect to the originals and the vampire diaries and in hope that the pas 11 years of addiction to these series might be worth continuing.

What a shame !
39 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a show for teens, but an okay one
jessica-goetjes26 November 2018
I think Tvd took off as a teen show, but developed as the character grew older. I hope that's what they intend with this show as well. And also would be nice if there is a developing red line in this show, as for now they are problem solving like a supernatural detective show. The originals was definitely not only for teens. So it wonders me a bit that we are back to high school drama. Anyway it is not a bad show, but there are some flaws. By example the behaviour of the Gemini twins. They could be stronger having less emotional teen drama. Maybe a little more evil in the show as well... it needs a character like Damon or Klaus I guess. Anyway it's nice entertainment. Let.s see how it develops.
84 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
W H A T
formix714 May 2020
Dragons seriously? THIS IS MIKALESONS LEGACY U JUST RUINED IT
36 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely horrible
mineyoursns11 May 2020
Seriously? You give us TVD and TO and this is what we get left with? A disappointment.
35 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ugh.
wilkehe8 February 2020
I LOVE vampire diaries and really liked the Originals. I really really want to like this series but it's just not good. The characters seem too young and childish (unlike vampire diaries), I don't like any of the actors except Danielle who plays Hope. The monster plot is awful, I keep waiting for it to improve because I'm so invested in the vampire diaries world, which this spin off has unfortunately ruined. Maybe you'll like it if you're younger than 14, otherwise skip it.
46 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a shame
memjohan14 November 2019
This show legitimately sucks. I could make something better with "pretty people" on my mobile cam. Amateur hour, and they got rick too. I used to love the vampire diaries and the Originals. This show is waaaaaaay below in terms of entertainment value ("monsters with really bad cgi") dude just dont watch it, its for kids, not even teens.
36 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disapointing
mido-wadey11 April 2021
If you ever watched Originals or Vampire Diaries i advice you not to watch this, it is not at all related to them for starters.. which is sad i'd love an original sequal with Hope but well we got this instead.

Graphics and effects are horrible bunch of ugly monsters with obvious low budget designs coming and going being defeated by some sense of friendship and respect and kindness blablabla with no story line whatsoever is what this show is all about.

I wouldn't even recommend it for children or teenagers.. even the "love story" inside it is pathetic. Sad.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bring The Originals back!!!
lysithea-1195812 February 2019
Awful, just stupid series about school, more like a silly pardy on Vampire Diaries. This thing will never be as greate and as perfect as The Originals!

I still have a tiny hope that The Originals will rise again as a series. =)
94 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved the Originals and am sad about this legacy
carolrmag14 March 2019
Maybe teens love it (probably because the ratings are high). Being an adult, I really don't like it. Loved The Originals and feel really sad that this is the legacy that follows. For myself of course: I would adore that a sequence to the O. would be as great. The plot is weak, the acting average, the "villains" are ridiculous. So are most characters. So, has a fan of the supernatural, I am deeply disappointed. Maybe it is awesome for YA.
120 out of 178 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Harry Potter meets Vampires and Werewolves
lukzzzzi4 March 2019
Omg this is soo bad. I tried watching it, i really did, i got as far as 12th episode. I'm a big fan of TVD and TO and this is NOTHING like it. It's gotten to the point of these could be regular kids fighting fairy tale monsters. I don't read reviews often but wtf happened here i don't know. I'd much much much much rather watch a new season of the originals than this. Sucks, don't waste your time.
99 out of 148 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
STOP JULIE PLEC NOW!
unityhimym21 November 2018
Boring and utterly predictable writing. Lack of interesting characters who could carry the show. Even the so-action scenes are boring as hell.want to see vampires and werewolves? PREPARE TO BE DISSAPOINTED, you'll get people standing around: either worrying or complaining. Petty teens with unused supernatural powers. Attempt at LGBT storyline, which by the minute is getting more likely to be marginalized. In a nutshell: 22 episodes that won't be worth watching.
103 out of 161 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you are a fan of TVD and The Originals then don't waste your time hoping Legacies would be like those
karthikkks18 December 2018
Waste of time.... to Julie plec "mombie dearest" really!???
68 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible waste of time!
hayleyscomett12 November 2018
Very disappointed! Wanted to like it, I really did, but nope! The acting is mediocre at best, the plot didn't intrigue and give me the I can't wait to see more feeling and I couldn't even finish the pilot episode. Normally I enjoy TV shows with any type of syfy or supernatural vibe, but this was really bad.
115 out of 187 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Julie Plec's ego
Arthelinus9 November 2018
She completely ruined the originals ending just so that she can start another show to ruin. Anyway, I give this show a try and its literally good looking guys and girls with a horrible story. And tbh all characters are so bland and 1 dimensional i could literally tell you their season by season development.

CW please fire julia plec and restart this series with someone who isn't brain dead.
158 out of 264 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor spin off of The Originals.
sparrowspoo2 November 2018
I loved The Orignals but this was just painfull to watch, now people have said this is just full of good looking teens and a bad story and there 100% right. It's sort of like Harry Potter meets teen wolf sort of show. I found this hard to watch watch and after the first 2 episode i think im going to call it there.
103 out of 170 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
waste of potential
idildonmezer14 April 2021
If you miss TVD an TO and watch this series, prepare to get disappointed. At the beginning it seemed like a normal show about high school and teenagers with the vampire stuff but apparently they added some stuff as well necromancer?fairies?tree people? A dragon? And most importantly the malivore. And the super squad? Not very amusing to watch but in my opinion they can still save it i they make some major changes like defeat this necromancer and malivore and end that stuff and focus more on other things. Also, somehow they try to make it seem like Hope is so weak when she certainly is not she is 10 times more powerful than any witch that is on the series especiealy the twins. Josie isn't that powerful even with the darkness, she is just annoying. The only reason I watched the second season was because of Kai but I was yet again disappointed. And in my opinion the cast is really weak besides Danielle who plays Hope. I watched it only for the nostalgia and now if the plot changes i will keep on watching but till then its a lost cause for me.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Giving up on it is the only thing thing left to do.
glitch-814756 April 2021
Lost brain cells watching the 1st four episodes, then they recycled the plot making it worse.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute rubbish unless your under the age of 12 then you might enjoy it.
mholmez3 April 2021
Seriously if you loved the TVD or TO then do yourself a favour and pretend this show does not exist, it almost has nothing to do with the previous shows and it's basically just a monster of the week series but not only that monsters that are completely ridiculous and so over the top only a child could enjoy.

The only thing this show has going for it is the attractive cast and I suppose somewhat decent acting at times despite the ludicrous setting, everything else is so bad it's laughable, terrible CGI for the most part, stories involving Santa Claus and Fairies and a dozen other childish monsters appearing each episode with almost no thought behind it.

It's a real shame as this could have been really good had they just gone with the previous formulas of the last two series but for some reason they wanted a younger audience for this one and it clearly shows.
Please improve it!!
alexiaistanboulian1 February 2021
This show is terrible, especially when you compare it to The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. This show has so much potential but it's so disappointing that all that potential went to waste. Please get better writers!!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Useless continuation of an already tired concept.
marco-4782625 October 2020
When this universe was introduced on the finale season of The Originals, I had a hard time getting into it, and was annoyed it took over most of the time left of the series. But couldn't imagine something so cheap looking and childish. It's both TVD and TO for kids. Not young adults or teenagers. Kids. This dumb down thing going on CW lately is very confusing. What are they expecting with mediocre shows like these? It only took me three episodes to completely give up on it. You can see they were trying to recapture old WB shows charm, but it only makes this one look amateurish and surprisingly dated. Time to move on from this franchise.
Really not that bad
rroelandskeim14 December 2018
Honestly it's not that bad. I've seen far worse. For those who are annoyed about it 'expanding the universe' it's really no different to what Fantastic Beasts has done for Harry Potter. I find it watchable enough and will continue to give it a go. Don't let other reviews make up your mind for you. Give it a go and see what you think.
30 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please do not ruin The Originals further
abhishekaw1 December 2018
Vampire diaries was good. The Originals was even better, but Legacies is just like a cartoon show. No storyline, mediocre acting, below average direction, just bunch of good looking kids. Dragon??? Giant spiders??? Living statues??? Are you serious??The storyline already hit the rock bottom in the first few episodes. Please wake up and stop this nonsense. AND PLEASE DON'T CALL THIS SHOW A SPIN OFF OF THE ORIGINALS.
20 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another soap thing
the_doofy29 October 2018
This series starts off with everyone having full powers, lots of interpersonal drama and boyfriend / girlfriend stuff. The series does not appear to adhere to classic vampire mythology in several ways, the werewolves are more like lycanthropes, not sure if the people doing this know there is a subtle difference in this genre.

I'm sure a lot of people will like this, guys will probably be able to tough it out and their gals will enjoy it quite a bit.

For someone like me I like to see people learn and earn their stuff. As far as the creativity for the thing, it smacks of a lot of other stuff I've seen with the special schools, but not as good. The one thing the school emphasizes in the pilot is a senior get drunk party, which goes along with other tv series similar to this. God forbid they think out script for witchy power classrooms and dark ability control (vamps and such), The idea with the bus was lifted from an older tv series but in that one people got this horrific calculated quick disease and decayed.

Acting is ok, very current PC in cast and interactions, both in conflict and romance.

I may keep watching it if I get pretty bored and need something to tide me for 40 mins, but would never consider buying it at this stage, I don't see much creativity in it.
100 out of 173 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.