Legacies (TV Series 2018– ) Poster

(2018– )

I think it will only get better.
prettigurl-166207 December 2018
I'm honestly surprised about the negative comments. I think so far this spin off has been awesome. I loved Rick in TVD. I just watched the epoisode where Joe comes bcak. I was in tears. It has a good mixture of the supernatural beings we saw in TVD and the originals. Can't wait for more episodes and to see old characters!
49 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved the Originals and am sad about this legacy
carolrmag14 March 2019
Maybe teens love it (probably because the ratings are high). Being an adult, I really don't like it. Loved The Originals and feel really sad that this is the legacy that follows. For myself of course: I would adore that a sequence to the O. would be as great. The plot is weak, the acting average, the "villains" are ridiculous. So are most characters. So, has a fan of the supernatural, I am deeply disappointed. Maybe it is awesome for YA.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a show for teens, but an okay one
jessica-goetjes26 November 2018
I think Tvd took off as a teen show, but developed as the character grew older. I hope that's what they intend with this show as well. And also would be nice if there is a developing red line in this show, as for now they are problem solving like a supernatural detective show. The originals was definitely not only for teens. So it wonders me a bit that we are back to high school drama. Anyway it is not a bad show, but there are some flaws. By example the behaviour of the Gemini twins. They could be stronger having less emotional teen drama. Maybe a little more evil in the show as well... it needs a character like Damon or Klaus I guess. Anyway it's nice entertainment. Let.s see how it develops.
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Potential for more
hntemple-544335 December 2018
I was skeptical watching this. Especially considering how it replaced Wayward Sisters in the CW lineup. But after watching the first few episodes, I have to admit that I am REALLY liking it! Hope Mikaelson's acting has finally made an appearance. The fact that they are incorporating other legendary creatures is really interesting. Landon's character is a mystery that is obviously going to be insane when the truth comes out. I love seeing the old characters take on parental roles to the new ones. So curious to see where this goes & hoping it continues to live up to it's predecessors!
23 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Harry Potter meets Vampires and Werewolves
lukzzzzi4 March 2019
Omg this is soo bad. I tried watching it, i really did, i got as far as 12th episode. I'm a big fan of TVD and TO and this is NOTHING like it. It's gotten to the point of these could be regular kids fighting fairy tale monsters. I don't read reviews often but wtf happened here i don't know. I'd much much much much rather watch a new season of the originals than this. Sucks, don't waste your time.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Lovechild of TWD and TO
retribuere9514 December 2018
I like the way they are handling the story, I like that they merged all of the werewolf, witch, vampire, stuff; instead of focusing only to one of them, they are using these creatures to probably fight a battle that is to come but together. I think the premise of the show is intriguing that they, these mythical creatures, are all somehow forgotten, and they are now coming back. Even though the first few episodes are a bit shaky, it definitely worth the watch and the time. I personally cannot wait for a new episode because I want to know more about, why those creatures were forgotten, who did that, why are they coming back now. Last one is important because I think it can be connected with the existence of Hope. She is an impossible creature herself. You shouldn't go into this waiting for something like TWD or TO or waiting for cameos from those shows, they do happen but try to connect with the new characters. I like the references to those shows but these are the new generation.
22 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Julie Plec's ego
Arthelinus9 November 2018
She completely ruined the originals ending just so that she can start another show to ruin. Anyway, I give this show a try and its literally good looking guys and girls with a horrible story. And tbh all characters are so bland and 1 dimensional i could literally tell you their season by season development.

CW please fire julia plec and restart this series with someone who isn't brain dead.
84 out of 144 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outstanding
rileyofhousestark4 December 2018
Brilliant Show. Loved Vampire Diaries And The Originals. So Glad This Came Out. Wasn't Ready To For The Shows And Characters To End. So Glad The Story Continues!!
21 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another soap thing
the_doofy29 October 2018
This series starts off with everyone having full powers, lots of interpersonal drama and boyfriend / girlfriend stuff. The series does not appear to adhere to classic vampire mythology in several ways, the werewolves are more like lycanthropes, not sure if the people doing this know there is a subtle difference in this genre.

I'm sure a lot of people will like this, guys will probably be able to tough it out and their gals will enjoy it quite a bit.

For someone like me I like to see people learn and earn their stuff. As far as the creativity for the thing, it smacks of a lot of other stuff I've seen with the special schools, but not as good. The one thing the school emphasizes in the pilot is a senior get drunk party, which goes along with other tv series similar to this. God forbid they think out script for witchy power classrooms and dark ability control (vamps and such), The idea with the bus was lifted from an older tv series but in that one people got this horrific calculated quick disease and decayed.

Acting is ok, very current PC in cast and interactions, both in conflict and romance.

I may keep watching it if I get pretty bored and need something to tide me for 40 mins, but would never consider buying it at this stage, I don't see much creativity in it.
68 out of 115 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The problem with this show
kuashie14 December 2018
I have seen quite a lot of negative reviews of this show and that is to be expected. Think about it, the main seies from which this show was derived from is "the originals" which was mainly aimed at adults or had lots of adult viewer. Then when a spin-off is made, it turns out to be a teen drama. Naturally, that would not really appeal to the adult viewers of its original material, so in the end you have very few people really interested in this show.

Mrs. Plec is a great writer with a wild imagination. A glimpse of that can be seen in this series with the introduction of new monsters and lore. That is the only aspect I like about her and this show and its why I am rating this a 5. But she got this one wrong.

As of now the acting and story in this series is weak, there is nothing interesting about the MC (Hope), and it contains lots of boring teen drama and bickering.

My advice, if you want to try this series because you are a fan of "the originals" you can go ahead and give it a try. But I don't think you would like it though.
20 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible waste of time!
hayleyscomett12 November 2018
Very disappointed! Wanted to like it, I really did, but nope! The acting is mediocre at best, the plot didn't intrigue and give me the I can't wait to see more feeling and I couldn't even finish the pilot episode. Normally I enjoy TV shows with any type of syfy or supernatural vibe, but this was really bad.
58 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor spin off of The Originals.
sparrowspoo2 November 2018
I loved The Orignals but this was just painfull to watch, now people have said this is just full of good looking teens and a bad story and there 100% right. It's sort of like Harry Potter meets teen wolf sort of show. I found this hard to watch watch and after the first 2 episode i think im going to call it there.
57 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Had Potential to Be Decent- But it's Demise is Set
lillifrazier8 November 2018
The Vampire Diaries and the Originals are good shows if they're you're niche. While it's true that both shows fell short in some areas and arcs, what they did great was always their created world and its culture. In the Vampire Diaries, you're invested in finding out about vampires, witches and werewolves and relevant drama and love triangles. In the Originals, you delve deeper into supernatural culture, and you get an interesting outline of the originals' lives. This they both do well despite their shortcomings and have always kept viewers interested one way or another.

Legacies being the third spin off already sets doubt in its quality. But this had so much potential with key material provided. You have the main character Hope, whose a tri-brid. There's the Salvatore School (which is a big x-men rip off but it works) with numerous supernatural beings. And there are characters who have interesting presets like Josie whose pansexual and Lizzie who suffers from bi-polar disorder. With all of these elements, they could've thrown something together in a great way its two predecessors did. But oh boy does this one fall short.

The first episode is fine- it's a pilot, not breath taking, but hope isn't lost for the show. However, the second episode seals the deal for its demise. Despite all the great material they already possess, they thrown in unnecessary plot devices of new supernatural entities. Other than the trifecta, there's only been a few other supernatural entities mentioned, and most of them correlate with one of the primary three. But a literal dragon is featured in the second episode, crapping all over the foundation the show has built for itself, with its equally crappy CGI. A random dragon appeared and the tone of the show made it immensely casual when they'd never prior introduced a new species in the same manner. And at the end of the episode, you see the previews for the issue following the next episode: gargoyles. And there lies their largest issue, it'll be set up like episodes from Charmed, or Buffy, or Supernatural. And while absolutely all of those shows are great with a "new issue each episode" and "different monsters and creatures in each," that's not even remotely what you expect from Legacies.

The creators wanted to take some creative liberties with this one. And it cost them. With this unnecessary plot device, it abandons any originality it even had in the first place. Instead of distracting the viewer with a new supernatural issue each episode, they should've focused on building a stronger story around their characters the way the prior shows did so well. I'll probably watch this till the end of the season as an ode to the Vampire Diaries and the Originals, but unless they move past their Scooby Gang episodes, it is not something I could recommend.
33 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful World
Maximus207026 October 2018
CW = Pretty boys and Pretty girls, and acting and writing are both second to how pretty everyone looks. Unattractive people they don't exist in CW that's the true Fantasy here, more apparent than the actual intentional plot. If I had to sum it up in one word it would be Meh!
76 out of 138 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
STOP JULIE PLEC NOW!
unityhimym21 November 2018
Boring and utterly predictable writing. Lack of interesting characters who could carry the show. Even the so-action scenes are boring as hell.want to see vampires and werewolves? PREPARE TO BE DISSAPOINTED, you'll get people standing around: either worrying or complaining. Petty teens with unused supernatural powers. Attempt at LGBT storyline, which by the minute is getting more likely to be marginalized. In a nutshell: 22 episodes that won't be worth watching.
43 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Long live the legacies
bigsuperchris26 October 2018
I watched the premeire of this show tonight and let me tell you I was on the edge of my seat.amazing show beautiful girls perfect pace if all episodes are like this I definitely want more
74 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great series potential
skpn1237 December 2018
This series is fresh, creative with a cast and plot with so much potential - not as heavy as Vampire Diaries and Originals - I actually preferred it - kept me interested without heavy intensity
14 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite impressed
amanda2897226 October 2018
As a big fan of both the originals and vampire diaries I was very unimpressed when they came to an end so was very excited when another spin off was in the works. I absolutely loved the first episode of legacies I think hope is such a good mix of both klaus and Haley and I'm really looking forward to how her character evolves she has Haley's soft side and compassion but also the fire of klaus is just under the surface I can't wait for the next episode. I love it.
46 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its like training a dead horse
paulwalters-2486010 February 2019
I am generally excited about sci-fi/ fantasy shows, but this one cannot be classified as 'good'. I liked Vampire Diaries and The Originals before both of them became tedious to watch. However, this show never seems to take off on a high note. The lore has no depth, characters come and go, plus reveal of 'the villain" is the cliche to almost all fantasy series, making this show even less interesting. Some actors are not the best fit for their role. Moreover, the dialogues are so poorly written that you barely get interested in what's being conveyed. Only good things that I can find are the set design, background music, and to some extent CGI, but they fail to get complemented by everything else. Even though I am going to watch it further ,just to see where the story goes, I wouldn't recommend this over other fantasy series.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nope.
nco-128-99673527 October 2018
Boring actors for a boring story already full of flaws. Why does this serie even exist?
72 out of 145 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it
yvosimons9823 November 2018
Doesn't dissapoint this far. Curious how it Will Go.
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a no from me.
natalielaurairwin4 November 2018
I personally found this show to be a poor imitation of the Vampire Academy books (something JP has said before that she wanted to adapt so obviously she has tried her own thing) by Richelle Mead. Although it's nice to see more of TVD's universe I do feel that the show should've ended with The Originals. From me it gets one star for effort, and another for the hard work the crew/cast put into creating it. Other than that I'm sorry but I have no positives.
39 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
awfully BORED. nothing compare to originals and vampire diaries.
starckspark12 November 2018
I'm awfully bored. Pass. I am still mad for killing the best of the best in the Originals. But I was expecting at least an interesting continuation...unfortunately... No for me and my friends. Want this show to be canceled.
35 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really really bad
alexanderxgaya5 November 2018
No meaning in this serie. Vampiret Can controller their bloodlust soooo easy, witches do magic like its a toy.

Its a x-men spin-off
33 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually not just another Spin-off
k-b8511 December 2018
When we first learned or should I say got teased about another spin-off in The Vampire Diaries we knew it was gonna be a show about a supernatural school.

This show is actually not just another Spin-off, its yet another new show of The Vampire diaries world.

It has a dark mysterius potential. I just hope that Julie Plec keeps the LEGACIE OF TVD alive. She kept The Legacie alive with Originals.

Now she has a brand new show that actually is called Legacies! Hoping its gonna live on for a while. Cause it is pretty entertaining and it actually feels good to watch another show of this world when another favorite has ended.

Give it a chance for the love of TVD
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.