Little (2019) Poster

(I) (2019)

I found this lame and cringy
pokemon_trainer_lucas22 June 2019
This movie was trying to be funny, but didn't manage it and just came across as lame and cheesy. The acting left something to be desired, and I honestly just spent the whole film thinking "when is it gonna end? I'm bored". I don't recommend it.
43 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Average movie
chrisagray-2739913 April 2019
First off this movie was way too long for what it was. The story was the same as many before it. There were some funny moments, but the length of the film made you feel restless waiting for it to end
55 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I don't get it
tn-1597813 April 2019
This movie is trash. I dont understand how this got a theatrical release. The comedy is off, the editing is stifled and choppy, disconnected, and doesn't have any flow from one element to the next. I literally thought that I had zoned out for five minutes because I was somewhere else in the movie and didn't know how I got there.

I love this genre. It is really hard for me not to like this genre. I love 17 again, 13 going on 30, big, like father like son, freaky Friday, you name it. This was garbage. How do you screw this up?! I left the theater in the middle of the movie. I've never done that! I was embarrassed to watch it. The weird thing was the people with me in the theater were laughing tits at it. I still don't get it.
77 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The young actress is so talented!
ilovefoodcoma21 April 2019
OMG!! Regina Hall is totaly tailored to her character. She brought her character to alive!! Her attitude in the movie is so funny! Also, the young actress is super talented. She is going to shine in Hollywood. The storyline is okay but I really enjoy their acting.
19 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible reverse-version of Big
joaoxfranco24 June 2019
It's hard to tell who this movie is for, children or adults. It's too boring for adults but many adult scenes make it unsuitable for children. The worst thing is that it's unbearable to watch if you are sitting next to your children to watch it in a "family night". My mother and sister fell asleep, and if I wasn't hungry/in need of a bathroom, I would have too. Speaking of which, it's impossibly long for what it is. It does not use time effectively at all. It's poorly written and detailed where it shouldn't while undetailed where it should. I can only praise it's diverse cast, but it's ruined with poor lines, poor jokes and overall terrible plot. The concept in Big, is exploring what a creative and eager mind of a child, could do with the "freedom" of an adult; it was basically, magical. This movie, on the other hand, very poorly explores the bitterness of childhood. Not only it was not magical, but barely anything of the plot relied on being "little", but rather most of the plot centered on the adult life of the "little" person. Because, so *little* emphasis was dedicated to the young life of the main character, conflict resolution felt poorly executed, unrealistic and essentially, corny and cringe-worthy as hell. One of the reasons I was talked into watching this movie was the acting of the child main character, which, was ok, but not enough to make the movie one bit interesting. There are one, or two laughs in the movie as well, and for a moment, one might thing the movie is not totally hopeless, but you'll soon noticed that you'll be disappointed. Also, it's crazy how lots of reviews are essentially *bad* reviews, but they give the movie scores like 6/10. I think they just want to be "kind" or maybe they are shy about giving bad reviews a bad score. Or maybe they think 6/10 is a bad score, but don't be fooled. This movie is a solid 1/10, at most 2/10 if you are a child, perhaps.
30 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If The Trailer Made You Laugh, So Will The Movie
JERIC077712 April 2019
This won't be an in depth review. This is in case people are judging by the currently low stars. I'm wondering if those those people actually saw the movie because I laughed the whole time, as did all the other people in the crowded theater i was in.

Yeah, there's been other movies with similar plots, but this was a fresh and modern take without being over the top pc like so much of what comes out of Hollywood today. Rather than be lectured by a movie, I want to take a break from my own responsibilities, be entertained,and in this case laugh. This did that.

I was incredibly impressed by Marsai Martin. I was very surprised at how seamlessly she stepped into the grown character and made it feel like I was really watching the mini version of the character I'd just seen Regina Hall playing.

If you're debating, just go see it.
57 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lighthearted fun from another time
rickjonespr1 May 2019
Each performance in this movie is a winner. The laughs come naturally. 3 black female comic geniuses in one film is a tremendous accomplishment. I don't remember anything like this happening in film history. I think that the main problem was that Marsai Martin, plays an adult to well. Anyone that has seen her on Blackish knows, Diane was born 45 yrs old. In the scenes where she is with other children, there is no sense that she is childlike at all. It is at the Climax, finally, that we see a young girl just having fun. Other than that Little is a great movie for tweens and parents of tweens.
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Front Runner for Worst Film of 2019
ewagaman13 April 2019
This movie was so bad I had to write my first review. Not sure how this was even cleared to go to theaters. Absolutely cringe worthy with atrocious acting. I don't even know what else to say. Save your time and money. Water evaporating from a cup is much better entertainment than this.
72 out of 130 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible - Don't Let the Planted Reviewers Fool You
hamfist-5744615 April 2019
Along with a friend, I saw this back in February as part of a preview screening. We were both asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement which prevented us from posting reviews online prior to now. Totally understandable, as the movie is complete and utter garbage and the studio obviously didn't want bad reviews up before its release.

There are a number of "reviews" giving this film 9 - or even 10 - out of 10. Sockpuppetry at it's finest. For example, see "beliiu"'s review. A brand new member giving a stinker like this 10 out of 10? Hmmmm...

Anyway, to the film itself: my friend and I walked out after an hour - and we *never* do that. The acting is incredibly bad, the jokes fall completely flat; it's simply terrible. As others have alluded to, this movie has been made before and made much, much better in the past (Tom Hanks in 1988's "Big", for example).

Please don't waste your time or money on this movie. As I write this, the IMDB rating sits at 5.4 out of 10. Clearly, the ratings are being manipulated. Don't be fooled. This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I generally don't bother writing reviews, but the blatant sockpuppetry and rating manipulation going on here got my back up. If I can save one person from wasting their valuable time and money, I'll consider it my good deed for the week. Thanks for reading.
28 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it
godsdesign11 April 2019
Full disclosure: I am a HUGE fan of Issa Rae.

That aside, in truly enjoyed this movie. I don't care if folks say it's unoriginal or whatever. I thought it did a great job highlighting the comedic chops of the cast. This is movie was great to just lose myself laughing.
62 out of 115 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
mopheadgirl27 April 2019
This is undoubtedly the worst movie I've seen this year, maybe ever. I walked out about halfway through because I couldn't bear another second of it. The "funny" parts are just stupid and the writing is terrible. I spent most of my time cringing and wishing I could leave until I realized, oh yea I can leave. Don't waste your time or money.
23 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bland and a little creepy
sparkerd1 August 2019
I've read alot of reviews for this movie and since no one else will say it, I will. My husband and I were a little grossed out at the whole child coming on to adult parts. Oh and the scene where she as the child is driving and pulls up to 2 stoners. Passenger ok funny, driver being intoxicated also, not. I was looking forward to this movie but it just was not funny. It just seemed like a hectic, attitude mess.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not impressive
subxerogravity17 April 2019
It sucks cause that trailer made this look like it was going to be the funniest movie around, but the follow up from the producers of Girls Trip, made a movie not as funny as Girls Trip. I'm gonna say it's attempt to appeal to both 38 year old women and the 13 year olds they may turn into pulls this movie in two directions and loosened whatever hold they tried to have on me. The joke got repetitive. The movie is about a grown women stuck in a child's body and they ran with it but it got tired real quick. Decent acting was a saving grace, but could not save a plot that seems worn out from the very frist scene.
25 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
wbury27 April 2019
Stay away. Save your money. All the negative reviews are accurate.
20 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and not funny in the slightest, and it's all been done better before.
sbweightman12 April 2019
The plot fits far too much in, jumping from scene to scene almost at random, and has an odd mix of high school, body swap and rags to riches themes with little payoff. Although it has a good moral and the chemistry between the leads is OK, none of the other characters have any development, and it felt like a waste of time.
38 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny and Enjoyable!!
chapmtv-8990413 April 2019
I just saw this movie and absolutely enjoyed it! If you didn't like this movie, it's probably because you're unfamiliar with the cultural references that set the comedic tone for the WHOLE movie. Marsai Martin's acting is lovable and funny. Go enjoy this movie for what it is. A great twist on old classics!
33 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyable watch
Christina41114 April 2019
The movie lacked a strong story, making the plot wishy washy and jumpy that being said, it was still a very enjoyable movie. The belly shaking laughs were mainly in the first half of the movie. It grew less funny when once the transformation actually happened.

Regina Halls role was executed very well and what made it more funny was that the characters were relatable to my own life. I feel if you cannot relate it to yourself, then this movie may not be for you.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious from beginning to end!
beliiu13 April 2019
It's hard these days to find a great comedy (the writing is either too corny or the casting is WAY off). LITTLE, however, was all around perfect in the writing and casting. The concept is familiar, yes, but the film managed to include it's own little twist with wise take-homes of living a more confident life full of LOVE, by way of forgiving your past. Regina Hall and Issa Rae naturally brought their characters to life, in a way that pulled me in throughout the entire movie. Equally outstanding was the performance by young actress Marsai Martin. She so effortlessly delivered a hilarious, yet mature performance as an "adult" and truly captured the demeanor and attitude of her adult self in the movie. The fact that Little only has a 50 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, when the movie's EXTREMELY funny, lets me know the site is nothing more than the title suggests; a Rotten Tomato.
48 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Marsai Martin is extraordinary
neil-47617 April 2019
When Jordan was 13, being bullied made her determined to be rich and successful and bully others instead. Accordingly, she is now a deeply unpleasant adult. So, when she is magically transformed back into a 13-year old, she has some lessons to learn which she didn't learn the first time round.

First-billed Regina Hall, as adult Jordan, is in the movie long enough to establish what a bitch she is before disappearing until the very end. Most of the film is a two-hander between Issa Rae, as Jordan's long-suffering PA April, and 13-year old Marsai Martin as 13-year old Jordan, and also 30-year old Jordan in a 13-year old body.

First things first. Miss Martin is phenomenal. Kids don't have adult body language and they don't have an adult's assurance which underlies how adults hold themselves in everything they say and do. But Miss Martin does. And although both conflict and humour lie in the notion of a child being in an adult's body, you never think that this is a child acting an adult. This IS an adult.

Otherwise this is a pretty routine age reversal comedy. It's amusing without being hilarious, the plot is largely predictable, there is no bad language of any consequence, and it is broadly likeable. My one serious criticism is that there is no real comeuppance for the teen bitches who make Jordan's life miserable at school, both times.

But the film isn't bad, and Marsai Martin (who also, at 13(!) co-produced) is phenomenal.
18 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
False ratings
willcline-9104314 April 2019
Im so sick of the false ratings for such bad movies as this! This is a terrible remake of 13 going on 30. i went and saw this with my wife and i fully regret waistin 24 dollars i wish i could get my time and money back so after half of the theater walked out i followed👎👎👎
34 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The first movie I've walked out of
droowooten21 April 2019
The funniest part of this movie was how long I stayed for. It was the most cringe worthy movie I have ever seen. The first 20-30 minutes was just a "Devil Wears Prada" bit but if she was just tyrannically crazy. Not funny. Then it just kept turning into more and more cringe. The comedy wasn't comedy. It was just people being crazy and trying to get people to laugh. Ive never disliked the idea that I spent money towards a movie so much in my entire life. I saw one other group walk out of the theatre before we all did. Save yourself the trouble. It's horrible.
15 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Marsai Martin has potential
mts-9131921 April 2019
Typical but cute. Definitely designed for the fairer sex (not to sound chauvinistic). Appeared all the females in the theater really enjoyed it. And I wouldn't call it a chick flick but ....

Enjoyed watch young Marsai Martin in something else.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop making these types of movies
adam-956-65769314 April 2019
There is no option to put a zero rating. This is terrible. It is made just for money. Can people stop making these types of movies please? How did this movie sell any tickets? No more businessmen changed into something else to change their personality.
32 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Switching and all is not a new idea ,, but It's definitely likable
Aktham_Tashtush10 July 2019
So the idea of switching bodies and girl going young and all is not new .. how it all ends is kinda expected .. but it is a sweet movie ... the cast are likable bunch of people i think they made it look somewhat good.

I previously watched Marsai Martin in Blackish ,, so i like the little girl from before and I "for a bit" expected that she'll embrace her role of that strong a$$ smart "evil-ish" kid so it was good.. also loved Regina Hall and Issa Rae as much ..

The movie fine mixture of mediocre Fantasy and above average comedy .. watched it ;)
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
'Story by'
hugo-aguirre-7722622 April 2019
How dare Tracy Oliver or whatever the heaven her name is to add her name to the credits as an original story!!! For pete's ( i'd rather drop an f bomb here) sake! how can this be called an ORIGINAL STORY!!!! One of the worst telling of this age old STORY i've ever seen in my life.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.