Hope Frozen (2018) Poster

(2018)

Brave family
Joomie020828 September 2020
This family has no justification or explanation to give us. People are here to judge other people's decisions. It's terrible what they went through. They want to believe and trust their decision. Brave family!
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just not good enough.
shaunvanhaelewijn25 September 2020
I had high hopes for this documentary, because the topic is something that has always sparked a great interest in me. I must say this documentary was shot very well, visually this could have been a 8 or a 9. But it all went south on the angles they decided to follow in this story. This is a perfect example of a documentary that just wants it all. It wants to give you an insight in the suffering of this people, what cryonics is all about, how the son is getting involved in the science to bring back his sister. Especially with the son, it's clear from the get go this is an exceptional smart kid. But there is no information on his background. You see him sitting behind a microscope "working" on bringing back his sister. But it just feels so pretended. There is just not enough backstory on this family who is clearly very rich, which gives you quickly a privileged taste that never really goes away. In the end when the credits are rolling over your screen, you just felt like this was a rich family who could afford to never let their daughter go. But by doing this they have denied themselves the right on grieving.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Difficult to rate tbh
borgolarici26 September 2020
I feel like I'm not really equipped to rate this documentary because a parent's grief is not something you can really discuss about. Because the main theme here is grief, not immortality or cryogenic conservation. This documentary made me feel uncomfortable because I had the distinct impression that something in this family's dynamics was not working quite right... It IS an interesting watch but at the same time I felt like an intruder.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very beautiful and Exciting...
RosanaBotafogo4 October 2020
A beautiful, dramatic and intense documentary, how not to fall in love with the little one, how not to feel the pain of that family, the enormous desire of Matriz, to have a little sister, how sad, a courageous and expensive decision, we all wanted to have this option one day, who knows in the future ... Amen...
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just silly.
firebird-3683115 September 2020
Filmed very well which is why such a high rating but just silly in many different ways. Their daughter died. End of story. The parents and doctors are trying to play God. She wasn't even 3 years old. Nobody has memories at less than 3 years of age. The new child is replacing the old one that died. They would be lying to say otherwise.
7 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.