Bulletproof (TV Series 2018– ) Poster

(2018– )

It's actually pretty good!
katy34410 June 2018
I don't know why this has so many negative reviews. I started watching after reading them fully expecting to turn off halfway through the first episode, but I found myself enjoying it. It's also quite funny. Noel Clarke and Ashley Walters work well on screen together. Worth a watch in my opinion. It's not a serious gritty cop drama, but then it's not meant to be. Just take it for what it is - a bit of fun!
22 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good old cops and robbers stories
patrickjfmorgan10 June 2018
I'm of an age whom watch Sweeney and The Proffesionals. This series bring it up to date and still has the humour. It's also got 2 stars who work well with each other. It's on my planner...I hope there's a series 2! Clarke is single and moody, Wilson is family man. They both have jobs from hell- dealing with low life's. The Guv' is carol from Easterners. She has her time cut out dealing with Pike and Bishop, as they are keen whippersnappers. If you liked the British cop shows and maybe a few yank ones , you will enjoy this.

I've read some of the reviews and most of the negative comments are just, well..negative. It is what it is. It's got bad language, chases and action. It's shot around the London suburbs. I think there's a bit of writers poetic licence but I love it!
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I haven't laughed so much in years
brian-4107016 May 2018
The only reason I have given this two stars is because of the laugh factor. If you are looking for a realistic, gritty, tough British cop drama then keep looking. If you are looking for an almost comedic parody of how the Americans might imagine this country to be with a bucket load of cliches and massive factual inaccuracies then this is the series for you.

Will I watch every episode... of course I will... I enjoy a good laugh
35 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it.
wen-mar19 June 2018
Great storyline and plenty of action. Noel Clarke is a talented writer and actor. Series 2 hopefully.
20 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
CHEMISTRY . ACTION . COMEDY . TENSION
craig-hunt18788 June 2018
Personally, my fiancé and I, have thoroughly enjoyed the 4 episodes we've seen so far. We love a good series and something different. Strike back has finished so we needed sonething else to fixate to.

Bulletproof brings it all!

Fans of the PlayStation game "The Getaway" would love this.

The soundtrack by Chase and Status really sets the vibe.

Look past the reviews of know it all keyboard warriors! If you take it for what is it is, you'll enjoy it.

I just hope they renew it for another season!
17 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't worry Sky, I can solve this for you..
parts-5410420 May 2018
You must be regretting the literally hundreds of pounds probably spent on this steaming pile of a show, Sky, so here's how you can recoup your losses and maybe make a few bob into the bargain:

1. This was clearly written by children for children, so why not hire actors more suited to the lead roles. The Chuckle Brothers are probably available, but if they are in Summer season or rehearsing for panto I'm sure a suitably stuffed envelope sent to their agent would do the job

2. Luckily the script is laughable enough to be largely left alone. Simply get an intern to scribble out the 'Bruv's and 'You get me's and dot in a few 'To you's and 'To me's.

3. Replace the lead's families with cardboard cut-outs. This would not only save money but make them more realistic.

4. See if those custard pie guns from Bugsy Malone are going cheap. If not, I'm sure those suction cup dart guns are still available at all good joke shops.

5. Those two detectives in the station are probably OK, but maybe think about swapping them for a duo who might add a little more gravitas. Could I suggest Bodger and Badger?

6. The station boss is a role tailor made for someone like Johnny Vegas. Again, there's no need to change the script, just add 'And no slacking!' to the end of any instructions.

7. Finally, call the commissioning editor at CBBC and tell them you've got a sure-fire hit on your hands. Don't feel guilty, someone obviously pulled the same joke on you.

Right, That's that sorted. Mine's a pint.
44 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good old fashioned cop show fun
jameslishmund27 May 2018
As a fan of The Sweeney, Starsky and Hutch and all the old car chase cop shows I thought this was a really good effort to bring the old format up to date having watched the pilot show. Great entertainment so far. Looking forward to seeing how the series goes.
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Zzzzzzzzz
jonnyboy846317 May 2018
I gave it a watch based on the two lead actors being involved in decent stuff in the past... lost interest during the ridiculous BMW/Audi chase, and turned it off at the stake out of the garage... script is absolute garbage!!!
24 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Give it a chance.
adamwaite-5405118 May 2018
Ok, its a cross beween the Sweeney,and Lethal Weapon the American tv version of the movie. Its a uk thing,us older tv vets get the premise. If you did not like it , watch reality tv which will satisfy your need for accuracy. It is only the first episode.! It is a buddy tv show, it will take a few episodes to see if their is chemistry between the main actors works
20 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It works well as a parody!
khunkrumark17 May 2018
Just when you thought the 1970s were buried and forgotten, this offensive collection of worn out cliches comes along to let you know that - actually - the 'buddy cop' genre will never go away and leave us alone!

Scripted by a class of ten-year-old boys, this reprehensible dross resurrects every known cop cliche in the book almost as if it's a deliberate parody of cop shows.

Maybe it is and I'm just too thick to get the joke!
19 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shocking !!!!
mark-9820016 July 2018
2nd rate would be over praising it bro , it's terrible bro , schoolboy script bro , trying to hard to be hip and trendy bro , it's amateurish bro . Can't belive it ever got beyond a pilot episode !!!!
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow! This is terrible..
mike-499-20587117 May 2018
To quote a chap from Gogglebox "Who wrote this?". Well actually it was someone called Nick Love - I don't know what he's done before but this should be a swift end to his scriptwriting career. Every line is as banal as the last and the only watchable segment in the first episode was a car chase, where mercifully little was said. Although thanks to one of many glaring continuity and prop errors the red car's number plates changed twice during the scene. I can't fault the actors, they delivered their wooden lines as best they could. The locations were as you'd expect of a 'gritty' Liverpool set drama (no, it wasn't filmed in London), but overall it's like something delivered by a GCSE student, who'd never seen a decent cop show (think Line of Duty), had never been to London, and thinks sticking "Bruv" on the end of every other sentence makes it cool. I hope Sky didn't take the option on a second series, I'm surprised they took the first. I can only think whoever commissioned it has never bothered to watch the output on their own Sky Atlantic.
20 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another "gem" from Nick Love...
graham-705-12787417 May 2018
Think of it as a 6 episode rehash of Love's awful Sweeney remake. Same basic car chases, same badly drawn characters.

Absolutely nothing to recommend it.
17 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
UK car thieves with cartel level automatic weapons?
jeff-4408227 May 2018
This is without doubt one of the poorest TV shows made. Everything is Terrible. The plot, script, acting, editing and continuity. It's too over the top and cringe worthy and is only suitable for people with a mental age under 9.

It's the quality of show that first year non film students would put together for a college show reel.

You have a bunch of car thieves of about 20 members but each one has a machine gun when there is no need to carry a gun, illegal arms are not as common in UK as portrayed in this show and overlooking all these facts the sentence for carrying a gun is more than for stealing a car and never mind that a highly trained police armed response team would take the lead in such situations (and remove the entire premise and need for the show) you have two 'bruvs' who are meant to be the UK equivalent of the FBI yet are as believable as police officers as Jimmy Saville would be described as a 'friend to children.'
16 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it
stephwatkins16 June 2018
I just love the relationship between the two lead characters. In my humble opinion Noel Clarke can do no wrong. It's funny, human and well written. It's watchable and not too complicated so I don't have to concentrate on complex story lines after a long day at work!
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What have they done it's worse than US "drama"
phart99915 May 2018
This could have been epic, based around NCA (National Crime Agency), this had potential to be the new Dempsey and makepeace genre of tv drama.

So many goofs all the way through, factual errors, vehicle errors, police and law procedural errors, csi errors, weapon errors all the way through. It perhaps should have been marketed as a comedy and they would have half got it right!
25 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME!
brdlybaum16 May 2018
It is boring, tedious, dreary, dreadful, unbelievable and has so many things factually wrong with it it is ludicrous! Oh, and the acting, especially between Ashley Walters and Noel Clarke, is really wooden! Even the location is not where it is claimed to be! It is supposed to be set in and around London, it clearly is not! Sky really well and truly overhyped this turd!
27 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Guns in the UK????????
sharonjjones-0841725 May 2018
Both main characters are great as long as they stop saying bruv all the time. Storyline is good again if you realise the fact that gun use in the UK is nowhere near as this is being potryayed it to be. But easy watching!
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Charming leads, give it the benefit of the doubt
robinssa-9850723 May 2018
Plot holes and unlikely shootiness in London Town but rescued by the two leads. Charming, funny lads with entertaining banter and imperfect private lives. I think I will stick with it.
10 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As painfull as a trip to the dentists
sales-256-47442416 May 2018
As painfull as a trip to the dentists. Nick Love is one of my favorite directors but this is a load of wooden rubbish, badly written, badly acted, just bad bad bad. May appeal to brainless scumbags but not for anyone with a IQ over 25 ! Scrap it and start again.
16 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't believe the uncultured reviews
looneytoons-3815516 May 2018
This show had a great Pilot in my opinion, giving you an understanding of both the main characters and their partnership together. It was action pact, not overly dramatic, moments to laugh and really captured the culture of London and what it's like to be from there. I recommend giving it a chance to watch and for it to develop before you criticise on the way it is just because people may not understand the culture behind it.
20 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bulletproof title 'looks' strong.....
lukereeves198521 September 2018
The overall representation of episode 1 is confusing. One minute it seems strong, the next it's poor. Errors such as changing cars through scenes? Is it a 56 plate Red Audi, oh wait it's now a 58 plate and then back to a 56 plate. Many errors make this laughable, is it ok to watch, yes definitely. Watch Bodyguard 2018 series, now that is true quality from the BBC, believable, tense and gripping. I wanted the same for this. Shame. Will I finish it, yeah.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hugely Disappointing.
accounts-1951920 August 2018
Firstly I would like to say how much I was looking forward to watching this, I enjoyed the Business and Football Factory by Love, Kidulthood/Adulthood/Brotherhood with Clarke and Top Boy amongst others with Ashley Walters. So for me as soon as I saw the first advert for this I was excited.

However, after around 10 minutes of the first episode I realised this was not going to fulfill my hopes for it, random shots being fired across London, a script that could literally have been written by an A level Media Studies Student and a story line that could have been written by an excited GCSE student.

I have tried to watch it on many occasions, trying to convince myself it was my mood, or it would get better. I have managed to get through the first 5 episodes so far. Its not just the story and script that is bad, the continuity errors are epic and persistent. In episode 3, Walters and Clarke are t boned by a lorry, they are in a silver F10 BMW 5 series but by the time its flying through the air its an E60 BMW 5 series, that is a completely different car! in episode 5 Clarke gets in an Audi A6, he flys out of the garage but now in a jaguar only to then be back in the Audi by the time he reaches his destination, it persistent in every episode.

Overall I found this programme really disappointing, its not gritty, its not funny, its not believable, Im really not sure what it was supposed to be.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Are we there yet?
alanbolton195616 May 2018
The 2 main characters work well together, but the script is a derivative of every other duo cop show. Dull.
13 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome, Brilliant when is season 2 starting!!!!
marklyons-8495420 June 2018
Ignore all those idiotic low scoring reviews who obviously don't know good tv when they see it!! Superb acting great storyline, you are hooked from the get go!!! Noel Clarke you are a talent which we should see more from!!!
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.