Thimiru Pudichavan (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
Sex & Nudity
- Towards the start of the film; a teacher mentions that a student of her's was reprimanded for viewing adult content on his phone in response the student then drew lewd images of her on a toilet wall (the drawing itself is undetailed)
- A teenage character is seen with some suggestive photographs on his wall
- The antagonist abducts a transgender policewoman; strips her of her clothes (she is seen from the shoulders up) and then threatens to throw her out in public naked.
- A man remarks that a woman feels lust towards him; rather than love
Violence & Gore
- There are sequences/moments of violence throughout
- During fight sequences characters are punched, kicked and bones are broken. In other moments characters are also shot with limited detail.
- An innocent and unarmed man is attacked and killed with a razor blade; he is stabbed in the chest, his wrists are slit and his throat is cut. While the attack itself is without strong visual detail he scene is impactful and detail of the injuries inflicted are visible on his clothing following the attack.
- A flashback depicts the murder of a teenager; whom is hit twice in the head with an iron bar. The blows themselves are quick and obscure impact detail however there is some blood is visible in the aftermath of the attack.
- A teenager removes a large piercing from a monk's mouth; resulting in sight of wound detail
- The protagonist's wrist is slashed resulting in copious bloodshed
- Blood is spat from characters mouths as strong punches and kicks are delivered
- There is some mild bad language, which includes uses of 'bastard', 'bloody', 'crap', 'smartass' and 'hell'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters including teenagers are shown smoking and drinking
- Drugs such as Ganja are mentioned
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some intense moments
- A child dies from shock after witnessing a violent murder
- The protagonist sees visions of his dead brother with a bullet hole in his head. This might be intense for some.
- Characters come under threat of violence; for example in one scene a group of rowdies threaten to throw acid on a girl's face and in another a man is coerced into stabbing his mother. However in both situations the violent outcomes are prevented.
Violence & Gore
- At one point; the protagonist is stabbed in the chest leaving him on the ground in a pool of blood. However he is soon rescued and makes a full recovery.