Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) Poster

Snooze-fest
jay-salazari26 September 2020
Boring forced clone movie Well this is a bad movie (sequel) and not worth a watch, still not worth five minutes or less. All spammers praising this film use the word "sequel" in their subject line (poor Sony execs have a quota of spam).
59 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sometimes movies dont need sequels
ndivhudances29 July 2020
The first movie was so much better and funnier. This one just lacked something
85 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Like every other Sony movie
jamie-wa2 December 2020
There is a rush of intern spam reviews when the film comes out before real reviews kick in and point out the film sucks. Sony, isn't it better to make good films instead?

It is produced by Sony (Ghostbusters). Enough said. having said that, the thin leggy girl is so pretty. She goes around and pretends she is average. Yeah, endearing. What does all of this have to do with Jumanji? Nothing. Sony just likes to push out mediocre movies.
29 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still amazing, more silly jokes and chaos on the screen!
aninspiration6 December 2019
Before going to the cinema to see «The Next Level» of Jumanji, I rewatched the first movie, just to refresh my memory. And after watching the new one, I must say - it wasn't underwhelming at all!

In addition to what the first film brought, new «Jumanji» has:
  • more jokes;
  • a whole lot of new characters;
  • a fresh look at the existing characters;
  • plenty of new locations and thus, much more adventures;
  • an absolute muddle of what's happening on the screen;
  • and yes, even more jokes!

Given the above, it's time to wrap it up - «Jumanji: The Next Level» is a solid following of a 2017's movie. It's all about laughter, fun, amusement and adventures, of course. In case if you seen «Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle» and enjoyed it, the new «Next Level» won't let you down.
669 out of 953 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not so good
johnandpheebs13 December 2019
I really enjoyed the first movie but this one, not so much. The jokes seemed forced and not particularly funny. Even Dwayne Johnson's smouldering look wasn't funny this time around. At least Karen still looked beautiful as ever
114 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sequels, What Are They Good For?
dcgkmuaa25 September 2020
It is boring, it is the same as the lsat one and the characters are on god mode. nothing can hurt them. They are invincible and can never be hurt, shot or defeated and even falling from the sky does not hurt them. So, where is the tension?
62 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great sequel and laugh fest, the new Jumanji knows what its doing
quiqueperezsoler6 December 2019
Mild, mild spoilers ahead....

I was scared they'd somehow screw up the sequel to the "reboot" they did, but I was greatly surprise at the new elements they added: the grandpa's subplot and the way it was executed and their contribution to the jumanji gaming experience (they were both hilarious); and all the new additions felt exactly how a sequel to a 90s sequel game would feel like: new abilities and weapons and scenery (or the would-be "levels" of the game) they still felt like they'd actually be levels of a game! It's exactly what I hoped they'd add on because that's the kind of thing the first movie did, it tried to work with the stereotypes and elements found in those good old adventure games like Tomb Raider.

I also liked that they brought back the WHOLE gang, the reason why movies like this where the most logical thing would be to make it anthologic, that is, with different kids experiencing the game; so when they try to use the same characters that supposedly learned something from their past experience in it, is a recipe for disaster because it's hard to bring all the gang together without it being forced. But i liked the way they did it, it felt controlled and fulfilling in the end.

In conclusion, it was a funny, entertaining and creative action adventure movie, it's not gonna win any Oscars but it's so wrll thought of that it's a delight to watch and I feel it never grows old, you can rewatch it and enjoy it all over again
601 out of 870 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The old people angle got old
andrewgwilliam14 December 2019
It didn't need Danny Devito or Glovers characters in it. Their characters inept way of understanding what was going on got old.
178 out of 248 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First is better !
saptesh78615 December 2019
It is not so impressive as previous one. Character transformation is some way working not for all. Only Eddie's turn into Rock is highlighted part. Movie lost charm when Spencer back in Rock. Then story remains nothing. However funny dialogues surely will entertain you. Otherwise rest of movie is bore. I think previous one was better an interesting.
123 out of 169 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed
tavismelvin14 December 2019
No where near as funny as the first one. If anything I was annoyed the entire time. Duane Johnson character annoyed the hell out of me this time around. Should had never added the grandpas characters. It just didn't have me laughing
133 out of 187 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Got bored
iamjamalwhite13 January 2020
I enjoyed the first one but this seemed slower, not as much going on. The jokes were flat. A lot of "'I'm an old man in a young body" jokes. Just no zing. Hope they are done with these.
38 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suprisingly, funnier than the first (imho)
natsuka_arei9 December 2019
To be honest, I don't have high expectation for the sequel but turns out it is exceeded all of my expectations.

Jumanji: The Next Level added new character, skills, and jokes for all of us. I could hear the audiences in the cinema laugh on the jokes and enjoy it as much as my boyfriend and I enjoyed it. Yeah, I have to admit there were some repeated patterns from the first one but along the way they also added several stuffs which brought fresh air to the whole movie.

Also, I think the sequel conveyed deeper messages than the first one, potrayed by the characters problem in it, in which we can related to our real life. Lesson I got from this sequel: Sometimes you will hit the end but it doesn't mean it is over. It means, all you have to do is living the present and look it with different perspectives.

From the plot of the story, it kinds of light and predictable, but hey, it is a decent sequel you can enjoy with your family. Side notes: They had after credits scene, it might hints about the potential third movie of Jumanji.
537 out of 802 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Level up.
Pjtaylor-96-1380448 December 2019
Even though its central concept seems ever-so-slightly more strained this time, 'Jumanji: The Next Level (2019)' is about as good as its predecessor. In fact, it's sometimes even better. Basically, the flick is just fun. The crowd-pleasing body-swapping is amped up to eleven, shaking things up just enough so that they feel fresh. The main actors continue to properly impress in their chameleon-like roles, joined by a few extra treats that perform far better than you'd perhaps expect. Indeed, these new players are probably its biggest asset; a couple of them thoroughly perforate the entire experience despite only having a rather small amount of screen-time. The picture is often funny - though, never hilarious - and is oddly endearing, to boot. It isn't particularly deep or, even, memorable but it doesn't need to be. It's a good time at the movies; what more do you need? Obviously some better theming and, perhaps, a tad of nuance wouldn't go amiss, but it's just not that kind of film really and that's perfectly fine. Even if it doesn't impact you as much as some of the year's best, it'll certainly make you smile and keep you entertained for a couple of hours. Besides, its inciting incident is driven purely by character and it even manages to squeeze some genuine emotional connection, via a well-drawn dynamic between DeVito and Glover, into its otherwise otherworldly proceedings. Its acting is also deceptively simple but decidedly fantastic, fully immersing you in the idea that these major stars are actually four teenagers and two old men. Basically, it's not as simple as you might think. 7/10
476 out of 711 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Actress Is Slender And Pretty So I Cannot Give It a 1/10
And she shows a little bit of skin. So There is that. Otherwise: A Lack Of Ideas I suppose it can't be helped.. It is a reboot sequel. Sony needs to get a clue though. Hollywood needs to come up with something new and end the raiding.
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sony's usual spamming interns aside...
sebastian-exciter15 August 2020
.... this film sucks.

It.absolutely.has.no.ideas.and.is.useless.

It is the same as its predecessor, but the characters are on god mode and beat and crush everything and everyone with nary a problem. It is just tedious.

I would not even give it 2 stars if it weren't for the legs of the girl.
27 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More of the same, if that's good or bad is up to you
Finfrosk865 December 2019
I thought the last Jumanji movie was pretty decent, not perfect, but definitely not bad. If you liked that one you will like this. It is very much just more of the same. If it ain't broke, you know.

A couple new faces, one of them I really liked seeing. Won't say who it was, but if you're older than 20, chances are good you like the person.

The action is like last time, it's entertaining, but not mind blowing. The effects are overall good. The Rock has some, lets call them punching scenes, which I liked. Although the action direction overall, could have been slightly better, tighter.

They once again have fun with the fact that the characters "in game" represent characters in the movies "real life". And I am pretty impressed with how the actors fared. Maybe especially Dwayne Johnson. (I think he's taking some serious acting classes, he's getting better) Overall the cast in this is very likeable.

I didn't feel quite that much that I was in a video game, this time around though. Felt more like just an adventure, than an adventure videogame. They could have hammered home a little better. So yeah, I was entertained, but it's pretty shallow and won't stick with me like, say, the origianl Jumanji. (I watched that as a kid, and it was kind of revolutionary, so of course it stuck) Nice family flick.
341 out of 508 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than the last
michaelshrivell8 December 2019
Took the wife and kids to see this and thought it was really funny and great for all ages. The rock and kevin hart just bounce off of each other and made the wife laugh more than me and a nice touch with danny devito and danny glover. My 8 year old thought it was better than the last and cant wait for the next film. Go take the family to see this and enjoy the ride
368 out of 555 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyable sequel
muamba_eats_toast8 December 2019
I absolutely loved the first instalment and to a large extent those that enjoyed the first will enjoy this it's still entertaining fast paced and humerous. The only thing I found was rather than laughing out loud and being on the edge of my seat like the first I had the occasional chuckle sat back. Having said that laughing out loud or not I was never bored and still had a smile on my face for the majority of the film. A decent sequel exiting at in interesting point for a potential 3rd movie.
389 out of 589 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as good as the 2017 version
ygunawan-118614 December 2019
Very slow story telling and not as good as 2017 version
107 out of 154 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just a good old fashioned fun movie
gluonpaul7 December 2019
There are not many franchises which have been renewed recently which I have actually thought turned out well. Most have been done badly but I have to say that Jumanji stands out as an exception.

This movie does not have a heavy deep story, doesnt try to be anything more than it is, this movie makes you laugh, keeps you entertained and ensures you leave the theater feeling happier than you went in.

It wont win oscars but it will win your heart, definitely a movie to go and enjoy at this time of year.
339 out of 514 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was HILARIOUS!
CallMeAi7 December 2019
I can't see how this movie was boring. You got the humor, the action, the excitement, the ACTING?! (and that ending tho...) This really was taken to the next level compared to the fist one. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's better. I don't know which I like better. The 2017 version is like the "standard" version of Jumanji introducing us to an amazing cast and filled with laughs. This movie builds on that concept and takes it further with a more diverse plot and new characters. What I DID find dissapointing was that I felt that the fight with the villain was too short and over. But darn this movie was so FUNNY. I came out of the cinema with my stomach hurting because I laughed so much.
367 out of 558 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really really funny
JuliandeJong996 December 2019
The second film is way funnier than the first one. I thought by the first film that they could up the pace of the film to make it more exciting. This film had the right pace and it kept me excited for the whole film. And I love the addition of Danny DeVito!
339 out of 518 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
5x Better than the first one, trust me!!
fransiskus_kuskus5 December 2019
It has better action sequence n feels like a video games level design.
355 out of 549 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad, but not in the same class as the first.
jpcjcpd7 February 2020
It's an entertaining sequel. The effects and the story (in the game) were surprisingly good for a sequel. It also took entirely too long to get into the game.

What brought the movie down a notch is the tired troupe of grandpa has to have everything explained 20 times. And the overdone old man routine. Ugh. It gave me flashbacks of Jar Jar Binks. That and a miscast Awkwafina - maybe it's just me, but I found her to be incredibly annoying.

It is definitely NOT better than the last one, but isn't a flop either.
46 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
5 stars for the slender feminine legs
wahboa21 March 2021
She's got legs and flaunts them because they are cellulite free!

The story unfortunately is mediocre and the characters are so exaggerated you get turned off. They beat everybody so easily and for so long.

Anyway nice legs and slim waist!
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.