The Turkey Bowl (2019) Poster

What is going on with these reviews?
jdarden-9030325 November 2019
This movie was average at best. Not too many laugh out loud moments and pretty cheesy. Can't beleive the rating on here is so high.
30 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How did this get an 8/10 rating????
stevenhcraft7 December 2019
This movie SUCKED. Bad acting. Poorly written jokes. This movie looks like it was shot in a high school film class.
18 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reviews are bots. Bad writing. Bad acting. Just plain bad.
adamdcohen-6039226 November 2019
Reviews are bots. Bad writing. Bad acting. Just plain bad.

It's disappointing to see how a bad movie can get falsified reviews and undermine the integrity, a trusted source for movie reviews.

Within ten minutes of starting the film, you'll regret your decision.
27 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
8.0 for this??? So many fake reviews...
enigma-947-33946719 November 2019
Then of course there's these completely fake over the top 10/10 reviews. A 10 means it's among the best movies that exist. This doesn't even come close.

First 20 mins in, I barely laughed once. These reviews are fake. This movie comes up as an 8/10? Please. There's no chance in hell.

This is a 4 MAX. Tired formula, only like 2 actors I've even ever seen before, and I watch a lot of movies. Nothing new or unique and nothing that puts this over a 3 for me.

Corny, campy music accompanies stupid scenes or grade c acting and even worse writing.

Imdb needs to do something about these blatant upvotes from bots and the movie staff desperately trying to get you to watch this less than average movie.
30 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'd rather watch the view
kmlobe30 November 2019
This movie made me lose interest within the first 20 minutes. God awful writing. I turned it off shortly after he gets arrested. That scene was the nail in the coffin for me.
17 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a good movie
stormhuisman-218-7607920 November 2019
20 minutes in and I turned it off. It wasn't funny. The acting isn't great. Feels like im watching something from the early Nineties.
20 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not funny at all for a 8, fake fake fake
ks-6050028 December 2019
Please don't watch n let the fake review get you trust!
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh
Hobbes47E10 September 2020
The only reason I even hit play was because Hulu used Alan Ritchson to promote it, and being a Blue Mountain State fan I had certain expectations for it. For me the biggest flaw is the pacing... it did not need to be 2 hours. An hour into it and I could not believe there was still another hour. The story was forced, predictable and cliche... guy comes back to his small town home from the big city and ultimately decides to stay in the small town in the end. I will give them credit for putting together a good soundtrack that anyone in high school during the 90s would enjoy.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Regurgitated cack...
thebosunmw21 November 2019
First review I've ever written so bear with me.. This film is absolute pump, Northern English for rubbish. It's terrible, same boring story but somehow ruined, wooden acting and just...wow. How has this film got such hight ratings? I'm guessing most of the reviews are from bots. At the risk of repeating myself, wow.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
???
Fractology24 January 2020
I don't understand how this movie can get this high a rating, I think the low number of raters has something to do with it. I could not finish it I had to stop. It is that bad!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of my money
spblattner26 November 2019
I've seen my fair share of terrible movies, and this is without a doubt one of them. The fact that this movie received a 99% Rotten Tomatoes Audience Review blows my mind. I haven't stopped a movie mid way in a few years now, but I couldn't resist. Everything about it is cringeworthy, from the cheesy and ridiculously see-through plot, to the over-the-top sexual content.
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Soooooooo Bad
brookelynn678118 November 2019
The acting was so awful in this movie we cold too even finish it. Save yourself
19 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beware
anarchangel-228 November 2019
This is a terrible movie. The acting is bad. The writing is bad. It honestly looks like an early 90s straight to VHS movie.

You will probably not laugh once. You will probably not even smile. Whoever put this movie out knows that it's a crap. That's why they're paying people to give good reviews.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fake review
zemiguel-6413323 December 2019
Please don't waste your time watching this crap, bad acting, bad jokes, bad script, everything goes wrong with this movie
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh
MikeHunt107515 November 2019
The premise outline of this movie has been done before. In 1999 a school football team had a chance to break a 50 year old drought and win the Turkey Bowl. But it snowed and the game never got finished. Why it didn't get rescheduled is a reality point the movie ignores for the team's to reunite in 2019 (I guess) and finish what they started. Only thing is the star player has run off to be a big shot in Chicago and is about to be engaged to a presidential campaigners daughter. He is tricked into returning home to play the game he has no interest in, nor wants to return home. Once there, he rekindles with his buddies, teammates and old girlfriend.... you can probably fill in how it all ends.

The comedy tries to be a bit of Animal House and borrows a lot of the same story from The Waterboy and just about every other underdogs football movie. The plot has no originality, and the outcomes are foreseen a mile away.

However, there is a couple of laughs, has a good pace, and doesn't leave you bored. It's ok for one viewing, but it has no rewatch value.
15 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst movies ever created!
TMokko1 December 2019
The Turkey Bowl is so bad and lame there is no limit. Bad and talentless actors and all characters were disgusting. Dumb story and bad directing. Director, Greg Coolidge, isn't worthy to even hold Alan Smithee's jogstrap!

BTW: This review is weighted to be extra brutal because of all fake reviews that PR firm has paid to spam the reviews.

#TurkeyBowl #jogstrap
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hallmark movie but with guys
TankerToad1 November 2020
So utterly predictable.

Words words. Words words words words
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
gvmeulen18 December 2020
One of the worst movies I have had to sit through, the fake upvoting tricked me into watching it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good feel comedy
dale095919 November 2019
I really enjoyed this. some of the low ratings and reviews are fake
7 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was watchable
milestoempty3 December 2020
Funny sometimes. Enjoyable. Predictable. Would not watch again but not a complete waste of time. If you played foot it will bring back memories
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wife walked out after 3 minutes
briant225 November 2020
Well I wanted to watch a thanksgiving football movie. My wife and I sat down to watch. She got up and just said wow. This is bad. I tried to like it but it was bad. Even the football game at the end was awful.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Timeless Holiday Movie
ryan_walsh-2685317 November 2019
This movie combines small town, high school memories and experiences that many viewers can attest to. Furthermore, it is situated around a holiday and sport that many of us have grown to love. Great cast, fantastic comedic writing, and a sound track that will bring back fond memories to many. This is a timeless movie that will be enjoyable to watch year after year.
11 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one of the prankiest comedies since the 80's
ops-5253515 November 2019
My gawd, greg coolidge et co., this was just like pulling me bakc 30 years to the days comedy movies made me laugh. this is a must see for football lovers and haters and all of us that dont have a clue why they run around on the pitch lake a flock of headless turkeys chasing a ball that isnt a ball because its not round making the girls dizzy and wave their peacock wings in the sky each time the games comes to a hault.

this film has it all except for good intricate verbal fist fight humour, and the pranks, the demeanour, the sound of overweight middelaged men who wants to win the trophy back are just hilarious. i cant find anybody of the actors making one flaw in this film, they are darn natural, and that is my point of view.

a comedy like this are not based on technical bravour, its more the rythm, the music, the buddymanship and not to forget the smile. there are some plotholes, like a selfextinguishing fire, but i dont care.

i , the grumpy old man will higly recommend this feature length comedy for all its worth, and i hope to see more from this ensemble in the future
11 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining and fun
blair-schipper18 November 2019
I loved The Turkey Bowl. Lots of great one-liners in an overall funny movie. Smiled and laughed the whole time. Just as good the 2nd time through. This is a feel good movie that I'll come back to again and again
8 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic feel good comedy
kwgruber17 November 2019
The Turkey bowl is a refreshing feel good comedy that arrives just in time for the holidays. It's a classic small town story that will bring nostalgia to many. Fantastic casting, great comedic timing, and a movie you will want to watch again and again!
7 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.