Boudica: Rise of the Warrior Queen (2019) Poster

Click Bait Movie
rickbryantalt19 September 2019
The movie poster shows Boudica in battle dress and the promotional material talks about epic battle scenes. Well the whole movie takes place before Baudica actually becomes queen so she's never actually in battle dress or the head of an army and the epic battle scenes consist of poorly acted skirmishes between 5 or six people.

I was watching this movie waiting for the preamble to end and the main movie to start when the closing credits came up. Total waste of time.
23 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth watching.
gjhghjhjghjl17 September 2019
I watched this movie earlier today and it lacked pretty much everything that would make a movie good and enjoyable.
26 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complete let down even for die-hard fans of the genre
vibrantgoblin26 January 2020
I bought this for £3, having been impressed by the DVD cover and story on the back. I have to say this film does not live up to the hype at all. poor lighting that made everybody look like they were under a spotlight. Epic battle scenes? were more like a few slaps and tussles with as much grace as a bunch of drunk teenagers. Passionate Fighting Spirit? Only at the end when she actually took up the position of warrior queen. The sad thing is this could have been brilliant even without a big budget. But it seems they wasted their mediocre budget on the costumes instead of actually writing a decent storyline. Learn from my mistake and don't be fooled by the impressive cover and avoid this like the plague.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weak, ineffectual film that's not worth the time or money
little_dragon-5755326 October 2019
I bought this with high hopes of sharing the story of one of the greatest female leaders ever to exist, only for it to be a complete washout. A bitter disappointment. Do not waste your time.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE
rleecollins16 January 2021
This is a pathetic woke rewriting of history. It does NOT follow Celtic history or legend. According to history she DID NOT run away from home to avoid a "quant traditional marriage". She lived a normal childhood for the time and married an ICENI who became the tribal king and she the queen. The had two daughters. The rest of the story is well known.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great film, don't believe negative reviews
kersetaartjuhh-703-51744422 November 2019
This was actually a pretty good film, perhaps not entirely what you'd expect from a film about Boudica but definitely an interesting historical film, a bit more of a focus on drama than on warfare perhaps.

It's definitely worth a watch if you like historical films and don't mind that it's not constant action and fighting, although there's definitely some fighting in there.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Totally fictional insult to a Great woman
phrsmith517 March 2020
The only historical records of Boudica where written by the Romans who had no interest in her until she become Queen so this is pure fiction. Why does it matter ? because the actual historical events that have been written about would make a fantastic epic move but I guess that would have required a budget. One of the things that annoy me the most about movie makers of today is they love to replace traditional male roles with women but there are many great woman like Boudica that great movies could be made about but all they get is low budget, badly written with nobody actors movie made about them ... if you have any interest in Queen Boudica don't bother with this insult to her
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lifetime movie?
Greasyfairlane7 January 2021
If you like the lifetime channel, then you'll love this movie.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rip-Off Britain
IcyTones26 November 2020
I always thought that Boudica was recognised as a Warrior Queen for the many 'bloodbath' battles she led, fought & won. That may've been the case in legendary history, but this slow-paced sombre movie doesn't show it. That leads me to think that 'Boudica' is just a 'hyped-up' part of British history, that somebody somewhere made more of her & fantasised the reality - because she was a gutsy, passionate, queen, & ruler of the Iceni Tribe who took her role as queen - seriously.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste a buck ...
ak670213 November 2020
Glad I stole my copy from Walmart wasn't worth the $10.00 let alone 5.Good scenery but long and very boring.Hope they make sequel that shows the real battles but highly doubtful since that would require a better cast and budget.But ah well it's a free movie.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a snooze fest
rich73544 January 2021
Except for the last 10 - 15 minutes this movie is completely devoid of anything resembling entertainment.

Watched it on Amazon which gave it an 18+ rating... can't figure out why.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.