A Case of Blue (2020) Poster

Its just okay
zara-jane-qadry24 October 2021
Its an okay movie you watch when there's nothing else available. It will bore you. I only watch it coz im in bed all day with two broken ankles and i have nothing else to watch.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A dissapointing story
jayroof20 October 2021
A very cheesy and far from reality story the old painter and his young muse the movie is recent which makes this plot even more disturbing and passe finally, must be a bad sign to have awards icons on the movie poster.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Master-Class Character Development and Atmosphere
hsherer-5873712 November 2021
I was initially wary of this film when I read the synopsis (not typically my genre) but I found myself utterly immersed after only a few minutes. The characters portrayed are heightened, yes, but in a way that feels both realistic and emotional. The atmosphere and tone are unapologetically strong and add to a wonderful sense of magical realism. Additionally notable are strong acting performances from the two leads.

Recommended as an intelligent, slow-burn drama!
A beautiful film
teamweber11 November 2021
I really liked this movie the first time I watched it but loved it on my second watch. How could you not watch it a second time after discovering what happens to Ellie. We all know that Tracy Shayne is a wonderful actor so I wasn't surprised at how well her role was played. What totally surprised me was Stephen Schnetzer! I've seen him here and there on television shows but in this film he was incredible. I hope this beautiful film puts him in the spotlight he deserves.

I can't explain why this film resonated so strongly with me. Of course I loved the actors but the story itself was so touching. Raw, but not heartbreaking. Sexy, but not gratuitously. I would love to see more films like this!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A splendid film on all levels
kendallcsmith12 November 2021
I was thoroughly impressed with Case of Blue - the story moves at a steady pace without missing a beat when it comes to character development. The twist at the end really hooked me, and I look forward to watching it again. It's one of those films you WANT to revisit.
An story that resonates
wallacenyc-2713516 November 2021
I loved this movie. This story covers so many emotions and feelings that so many of us are dealing with as we age and wonder "what if". The photography and nuances in various scenes begs to be watched a second or third time. So much more can be seen and deeply felt with a second (or more!)viewings. You really feel what the protagonist is going through, and the actors portrayal will definitely bring out various strong opinions as you watch the story unfold. The movie feels to me like a novel that is perfectly chosen for a book group. It will absolutely bring about an engaging "book group" type of discussion. You may be intrigued to find out whose "side" your friends are on. Are they angered by this character? Annoyed by that character? In love with that other character? Or feel empathy toward all or none of the characters? This movie will make you think. Definitely worth a watch... or several.
Steven Schnetzer
lilabillybeamer23 November 2021
Steven Schnetzer is perfectly cast as the 70-year-old recent retiree who still has a lot to offer. In the hands of a lesser actor, this film may have fallen flat, but the actor provides the perfect blend of geriatric virility that makes the film fly.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful film
annelloving29 November 2021
This movie is absolutely beautiful. It is a lovely story that moves at a steady but not insane pace. It is completely believable, and you really feel that you know the characters. The developing relationship between Richard and Amelia is managed beautifully, without going over the top. The "surprise" at the end came out of nowhere, but made total sense once it was revealed. Dana Glazer is quite amazing. I highly recommend this film.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Holds your attention throughout!
railtrailbiker29 November 2021
Great acting, directing, and cinematography. A very unique story line that will hold your attention throughout the entire film. Worth seeing more than once. Don't miss it!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.