Nobody (2021) Poster

1,255 Reviews
John Wick meets Home Alone
mikehowie-90-47733417 April 2021
I enjoyed it 😁

Seriously it's John Wick and Kevin Mccallister kicking ass.
457 out of 584 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Guilty pleasure
tandeki16 April 2021
I miss the old days. No internet, no social media and no pc bullcrap. "Nobody" is a movie that feels like it came from another time. Just what the Expendables wanted to do but, in my opinion, failed miserably. There is no fan service, no bathing in the glory of former heroes who are way too old for that you-know-what. And no 1980 memorabilia for no reason. This movie just is what it is and the main character does what he has to do. Nothing more, nothing less. Logic? Leave it at the door! Complex plot? Read a book! This movie is just fast paced action and a welcome escape from reality. Just what we need these days.
489 out of 650 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
PUMPING BLOOD AT FULL THROTTLE
RinoBortone9124 April 2021
Nobody is a constant pure adrenaline, a film that it takes to release the nerves, with intense action, irony and balls. Directed by the brilliant Ilya Naishuller, taking into account the smallest details (as it was for Hardcore), illuminating the chaos with intelligent shots, without leaving anything to chance and enhancing the emotions during the action. A story that is as simple as it is banal, but which manages to entertain in its intent and in its simplicity. Great cast with a fantastic Bob Odenkirk who leads scene by scene as a good host and the legendary Christopher Lloyd who enchants and surprises. Small masterpiece that pumps blood from the beginning to the end, immediately inserting itself as a great one in the ranks of the genre.
217 out of 289 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beats all the cheesy action flicks
paultomsoderberg15 April 2021
This one really surprised me!

Action packed from start to finish with a great cast.

Hoping for a 2. Return!
345 out of 503 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bob odenkirk made this film great!
OscarAwesomeness19 March 2021
Some pretty decent performances but bob really takes the cake here. A fun film to watch with some really cool scenes and impressive cinematography

It's funny, it's intense, it's entertaining and overall it's just awesome.
379 out of 579 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty cool film. Not for everybody.
ThomDerd18 April 2021
If you are into John Wick type of films, you will be interested. But it's not that kind of film this one... there is no glamour or cartoon-like moments here or any horse-riding and absurdity in action sequences. There's "slightly" more realism and the fact that the hero of this film seems vulnerable makes it more interesting; Bob Odenkirk does look like an everyday day guy in this film. But the action scenes and the fights are excellent and he does an excellent job nailing them! The film starts off well (maybe a tad slow) and picks up faster pace within 20 min. Right at that point, there is one scene which is rather stupidly set-up to give way for the rest of the story...the one with the bus...but later things do improve. Don't look for any script/scene consistency...just enjoy. Runtime is excellent for this genre; just 1h 30min, it never ever gets boring. It's just a cool movie overall, it won't get an Oscar or stay in your movie library but it will provide entertainment! 7/10 for the fun.
96 out of 145 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
90 Min Ride with lots of great moments!
nishasuperboy18 March 2021
Finally got to see some amazing movie in the cinema. To be honest this film is filled with lots of terrific moments and surprises (not twists) with its badass characters, especially the protagonist "Bob Odenkirk" he completely nailed it.

From the start to the end of the film was a BANG! ... for all those who love movies like John Wick, Equalizer shouldn't miss this movie at all ... It worth the money
345 out of 561 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sure a Winner here! Bob was awesome!
abbasabuzar19 March 2021
I am a huge fan of Bob Odenkirk or "better call him Saul" (pun intended). Well i can't imagine Bob to pull through role like this after watching him an entire decade playing loud mouth Saul/Jimmy in "Breaking Bad" and "Better call Saul" series but he does a great job here. Movie is a cross between John Wick and Taken and deserves couple of sequels as well. Surely one hell of a popcorn movie and good start for 2021.
226 out of 414 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too much hype
metahumanity_0117 April 2021
The first action scene is amazing. After some 15 minutes of following a seemingly regular guy through his repetitive and boring life suddenly we get an explosion of hyper violence. Possibly one of the more brutal and visceral hand to hand fights I have ever seen.

Ok, give me more of that...waiting...waiting....nothing. All the subsequent action scenes are just car chases or gun fights. What started so promising as a more realistic John Wick just morphs into mundane action fare with a structure that is literally a John Wick clone.
118 out of 210 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"A bit excessive...but glorious."
movieman-22718 March 2021
That line--spoken by Christopher Lloyd near the end of this movie--beautifully captures this film's gonzo sensibility. It feels like an "Instant Classic," a movie people (especially "boys" of all ages) will be quoting, and speaking of in reverent tones, for decades to come. I just hope they don't ruin its sui generis quality with a sequel. Or sequels. If any movie can bring people back to multiplexes in sizable numbers, it's "Nobody."
215 out of 397 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally a movie worth seeing!
john-570-35587727 March 2021
This last year has been a huge disappointment as far as movies go. But Nobody has changed all of that. This movie was so much fun, and Bob Odenkirk does a great job as a family man, just trying to live a peaceful life, and then all chaos erupts. The villains are nasty and terrific to watch and the action scenes are a blast! This is a movie worth going back to the theater to see! Bravo!! And I hope there's a sequel.
176 out of 336 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fast paced action entertainer with badass characters.
Fella_shibby17 April 2021
After watching Hardcore Henry in 2016, i wished for Ilya Naishuller getting more action projects to direct.

This movie is like a dream come true. Naishuller nailed it with the direction.

This movie doesnt have any shaky cam, fast cut editing or headache inducing stuff.

This film has tons of action n mayhem.

It has some hilarious moments too.

The best part is there aint a single moment of boredom.

The old fella with a shotgun is amazeballs.

Along with Christopher Lyod, Michael Ironside too shud have been given some shotgun action play.
29 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best movie in 2021 yet.
harmah-9701719 March 2021
A Masterpiece!! Great everything was perfect I watched on the cinema a great Experiment maybe best movie in 2021 yet.
197 out of 404 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disengage your brain and break open the popcorn!
mancodollarstrilogy15 April 2021
90 minutes of ultra violent hokum that you'll think you've seen before....you haven't, that was John Wick. The saving grace here is Bob Odenkirk, so for me it's all good man!
143 out of 291 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
decent
alamriaban19 March 2021
I watched in the theater and i liked it. the directing is simple fast and smooth. not artsy but not cheap. bob odenkirk had a good performance. the plot isn't too complicated, it's not deep but it's good for it's short runtime. it focused on hutch -the main character- and the villains mainly. has great fight scenes, very bloody and nasty but not too much, just the right amount for an action movie. the supporting actors are had a decent performance. the plot didn't focus on them that much. the villains are sometimes predictable maybe because it's a simple movie and maybe because of some the stereotypes. it's funny when it tries to be. it's just over an hour and a half, it didn't get stale or boring. i think it's better in theatre maybe with some friends. all in all it's good and i had fun.
166 out of 348 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intense from beginning to end!
abdulmajid-0947126 March 2021
So I had high hopes the moment I entered the theater. And boy the movie didn't disappoint me at all. It was a thrill ride all the way. Not even a minute of dull moment. Now I know what happened to James McGill after he left the city or whatever.
155 out of 327 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Uncle Wick
wjosephjorob18 April 2021
Very entertaining with touches of dark humor, it's done in the Wick style of action movies , very brutal and intense violence done with a certain panache, Grandad wick and his brother also get in on the action, it's not original by any means, but it's cool to see a more mature dude kicking some convincing butt for a change, overall O. K. movie if you have a few hours on a weekend night to enjoy with your buddies.
77 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Movie made for teen boys
bruce35019 April 2021
Incoherent mess. Plotless and pointless. Bob Odenkirk is wasted on a testosterone-fantasy, pseudo revenge film in a town with no police or firefighters, apparently. A waste of time.
104 out of 223 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love Bob wanted to love this...
bznznoneya17 April 2021
Just did not come across viable as within the realm of possibility. I love action movies however this was a miss.
99 out of 212 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most overrated, over-hyped movie I have seen.
Vivekmaru4520 April 2021
The movie was a disappointment for me. I saw the trailer for the movie before I saw the actual movie itself. I thought this movie would be more like a vigilante movie and I love these sort of movies.

But in effect this was more of a dumb backstory kind of generic Hollywood movies dished out. This follows the same case as John Wick. The first John Wick was good, but they killed it with the sequels. They should have stopped after the first one. "I Am Wrath" is also another good movie and better than this one.

I have already seen good vigilante movies in the past. Death Wish and The Exterminator are prime examples of good movies that have survived into the present era. Vigilante 1983 starring the late Robert Forster and Fighting Back 1982 starring Tom Skerrit are also terrific.

In Nobody(2021), the story follows a family man played by Bob Odenkirk(of Breaking Bad fame) who fails to stop some inept burglars from stealing his possessions. After which he has a change of heart and lashes out vigilante-style to vent out his anger. The rest of the movie deals with repercussions of his decisions.

The acting in the movie is so-so. The direction and background music and sound-effects is typical of a generic Hollywood action thriller. Overall this movie was a real waste of my time and I would never recommend you to watch it. See all of the above movies I have listed above.
87 out of 185 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
hooverdude-351129 April 2021
I was falling asleep. No character development, cheesy soundtrack. Too many unrealistic gun fights where 3 people are taking out 50. Please.
139 out of 306 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disgraceful
ruairi_taylor16 April 2021
Big fan of Bob odenkirk but this is a disgrace. Actually laughed through what I did watch, thought it was a satire. Awful awful film.
112 out of 243 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Braindead rubbish
domialenic18 April 2021
This movie is the stereotype of US senseless violence and stupidity. I expected another over the top American hero versus evil and incredibly stupid Russian mobsters, and It was exactly what I got. Just that it was like Rambo on steroids . Don't waste you time unless you are in to this bs. One star because there is no option for zero.
93 out of 199 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nobody.. should have to watch this
nimitz54115 April 2021
This movie felt made on the fly with pointless direction.

The story did not feel realistic at all.

Dialog felt super cheap.

The action was rather sub par.

I spent most of the time watching this movie rolling my eyes.

You can totally tell this was directed by the same people who made the horrible John Wick films.
120 out of 262 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop it
gregbrown-7834316 April 2021
This movie was straight trash, don't waste your time haha not one but can be taken serious. More of a comedy than an action flick. Garbage.
113 out of 246 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.