Soeurs d'armes (2019) Poster

Anti Isis fighters
searchanddestroy-19 October 2019
Last year, we had on the big screen LES FILLES DU SOLEIL, another feature speaking of the same topic, women soldiers fighting against the barbary of ISIS. I prefered the other one, especially for the end, In this film, the ending is too lousy, too smotth, in the pure Hollywood tradition; for the sissies. I prefered the other film, also made by a female director. It was more dark, brutal and compelling. But in this one, acting and directing are more than OK, the cast awesome. I won't say this film is too simplist, manichean. IT MUST BE. How could it be other, with such ISIS garbage, and barbary. Even if we had seen the female fighters torturing ISIS prisoners, behaving in the same manner as those criminals, how could we see ISIS other than the bad guys, the evil plague which the earth should be got rid of? I would also say this movie is too didactic, but it must be, to explain how these ISIS monster proceed to spread terror. This film is too simplistic but deserves to be seen.
22 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Magic
ariyajaila18 October 2019
While Trump decided to abandon the Kurds, it is vital to help them. This film reminds us how the won the war for us. First real feminist war movie. God it is so good to see powerful women
24 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
moving war film
alinaalondra19 October 2019
It is a very moving that pays a well-deserved homage to all Kurdish and Yezidi fighters and resistance fighters. It also shows us the barbarism and extremism of some and of course it does not help everyone ... There are always some who want to get off a movie because some truths annoy them, do not listen to them. For her first film, Caroline Fourest gets away with honors. A project initiated in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo attacks, Fourest has had the time to refine his remarks and if one ignores his feminist projections combined with his dubious amalgamations on monotheism, one obtains a visceral and necessary cinematographic work. On the casting side, Amira Casar is an imperial Kurdish leader surrounded by combatants of various ethnicities, religions and nationalities. We will appreciate the very symbolic and moving friendship between the French Kenza (Arab Muslim of Algerian origin) and Yaël Cohen, respectively performed by Camélia Jordana and Esther Garrel. Zara (Fragile and sublime Dilan Gwyn), the Yezidi whose people were genocided by the Islamists. The American black sniper, incarnated by a super credible Nanna Blondell. Overall actresses / actors are fully invested, in accordance with the dramatic issues of the subject Photography is successful. A favorite for managing the music and more generally the sound that perfectly nourish the intensity of the film. I can only advise you to go to see this film for 2 reasons - Because it is very successful from a technical point of view - For the duty of memory towards these fighters who gave their lives to go to disillusion these ISIS fightere
18 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kurdish struggle for freedom NOT Feminism
khoseh29 September 2019
I dont know where to start Why you didn't mention YPG and YPJ? Shame on you. 99,99% of the wars in north Syria was only between YPG/YPJ and ISIS But you only focused in YPS who their role in that was no thing only a huge exaggeration
32 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feminist war movie
alinaalondra22 October 2019
I saw it in french theatre. This is the first film of a wonderful director. Reminds me a bit of Zero dark thirty. The characters are is good too.
11 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
wonderful
lilaashely22 October 2019
If you're only going to see one movie this year, check out this movie! A real movie of a real war ... unfortunately still terribly current and which concerns us !! A film of Women too ... Existing women who fought and fight for our freedom! And moreover write and directed by a woman. And a real power in history and in pictures! A war movie that honors the genre! I left the room marked forever by these images that make more concrete and more perceptible the violence and horror that is capable of the fanaticism currently at work in the world ... But especially filled with hope and strength by the example and the testimony of his women who fight for their freedom but also for ours!
11 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant
cbodhinath4 February 2020
What an amazing film depicting the struggle of Kurds. Brilliantly made. First class acting by the girls. I am from a South East Asian country and a Buddhist and was so moved by this film. It's a shame that they were abandoned by Trump. Without their assistance and ferocity US would not have been able to destroy the Daesh so easily. If you love Kurds then you must watch this film. Some people may not like this film. Pity on them.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
amazing
munnijakbinlol4 February 2020
It's amazing, it really shows what happened to us , and there are thousands of stories worse than Zara and what happened to her family, it's so tragic and what happened to us is not forgotten, thanks to every single one, helped a little bit to us to a big
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not to be missed Great film
rahmansara-569836 February 2020
A great film all should watch thankyou for making this film so so many around the world could watch and learn about what happen in 2014 sinjar shingal mountain ..
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie..good fun
zathan-328481 February 2020
Acting is great, carachters are great. everything is fabolous... watching the brave women fight the bacon-haters is fantastic....
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The truth
mohamadkawakawa5 February 2020
The truth of kurdish people,what's the turkish ,iraq,iran did to kurdish people
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Saw it in PARIS
phelpslaura9 November 2019
After the me too momentum women are fighting back. And this is good.
5 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
propaganda film
contactmaz1 February 2020
A crap propaganda film that tries to promote the false idea that Kurds deserve a country. this film is BS and in its advertising, fails to mention its devious aim; namely, that the film is about Kurdish terrorists fighting other terrorists.

Switched off as soon as I realised.
3 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Everyone knows the ISIS doesn't have nothing to do with ISLAM...
vrella1117 February 2020
I think everyone already knows than ISIS doesn't have nothing to do with ISLAM is just a criminal organization trying to make ISLAM bad

I don't know much about Kurdish people but what I saw here in USA they say they are MUSLIMS too but the problem is they don't like and love each other so I don't know what problems they have but if they don't go good with each other how they are supposed to go good with others...

ISLAM is peace not war and is the only Religion witch respect all other Religions...

God bless everyone I hope will never be a war no where...
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.