Root Cause (2019) Poster

(2019)

"Meridians" and "power supply circuits" are not in the literature
wlee0819 January 2019
I watched up until 22 minutes, which is the point where I seriously began to doubt the veracity of this documentary. A woman begins to talk about "meridians", and we see a bunch of electrical scientific-looking equipment being hooked up to patients. The term "meridians" is not known to Western Medicine, and I had to google it. It's a term from Chinese medicine related to the idea of "Chi", the supposed life force that travels throughout the body. I don't mind that people believe in Chi - but if they are going to mention alternative medicine they should not have it alongside doctors who represent regular medicine, or they should at least inform the viewer. After her, a male doctor makes the following comment : "We looked at the last 60 cancer patients...and 96% of them had an infected tooth in the same power supply circuit" ...What exactly is a "power supply circuit"? Maybe it's the same as the "meridians". That's where I had to turn it off. The documentary could have an excellent idea, they could even be right. But why drag down your argument by using quacks and pseudo-science? Most real doctors would not want to be in a documentary that mentions "meridians" and "power-supply circuits", so it calls into question everyone else who appears in the documentary
9 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total Bull crap
dogonu-215-96573819 January 2019
My BS detector went up when I saw Homeopathy and the Chines BS chi. This is a journey into all the quack BS science. One stupid percentage used was 98 percent of hart attacks are from bad teeth. LMAO This is stupid BS.
18 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ridiculous
lizzybee8 February 2019
Last week I read an article about a dentist who said he could cure oral pain by using different Wavelengths of light and now this far fetched movie from Australia about the poor beleaguered root canal. Over here in America we're killing children by refusing to vaccinate them. Strange things going on around the planet.
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pseudoscience at its worst
tthreadgill27 January 2019
When a group of hucksters dressed in lab coats gets together and scams the public by abusing statistics, remember this important bit of scientific wisdom!

Correlation is not causation!

I researched this subject extensively before undergoing a root canal recently, and concluded that the information presented on this program is beyond spurrious. It is irresponsible nonsense. The backgrounds of the supposed experts on this program says everything and is illuminating. Look them up! Quacks, charlatans and con artists. I guess being featured on this "mockumentary" paid some of their bills.

Particularly impossible to substantiate is this repeated claim that 90+ percent of chorionic illness, including is cancer, is related to root canals or mouth infections. They keep banging this drum and saying science "proves it" but they never identify any particular scientific studies because (drum roll) THERE AREN'T ANY! If fact numerous scientific studies refute their claims.

Netflix should be ashamed for promoting this embarrassing quackery!
4 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you want a real story...
Giulio_zzgfont20 January 2019
... search of Volkerding from Linux Slackware. I read his story in 2004. He had some illness due to some mouth bacteria. The story is very different from the ones reported as examples in the film. There is never a direct correlation between teeth and internal organs. If you have mouth problems, this will affect all your health and will not give you only backpain or cancer or other issues. This film seem a Dr House screenplay. All the guys has a big problem and once you remove the teeth they feel fine in a couple of hours. Just Sci-fi.
12 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
EXCELLENT Documentary. Please share and let people you love decide for themselves.
jabcross127 January 2019
There is enough literature and professional experience to back up the argument that dead tissue from the tooth should not be left in the body. as one of the Dr's said, Its taxidermy of the tooth, plain and simple.

I hope to see more documentaries like this in the future.
33 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it is bad but good
rohalhope15 March 2019
At last it is look bad for our health to go to dentaist after i watched this i rethink about my root of my tooth and i consider to remove it so badly .

in this time of a new world we must rethink about alot of things we thougt its good for us but we descover by time its not
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total load of BS
dr_senanahmed3 January 2019
Zirconia is metal!!! The most stupid documentary I ever saw. Don't wast your time watching this total BS. All dental schools teach evidence-based dentistry, not Holistic BS. I'm pretty sure this documentary was paid and sponsored by zirconia implant companies. I'm a dentist and I do have root canals teeth and titanium implants in my mouth and I'm very healthy.
86 out of 160 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My personal experience
ayman-7401221 July 2019
Finally a documentary made to expose the life threatening dangers of Root Canal procedures, I'm fore-one a person who had a life threatening disease 3 months after my procedure suffered for a whole year of treatments in 4 major hospitals and 5 stents put on my bile duct to finally discover and remove the cause of my illness.
Interesting
ktb-952211 February 2019
For sure I will check all my root canals for possible infections... No matter what I read here.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I will check my root canals anyway
ktb-952211 February 2019
All are actors even some of the doctors 🤔... Will check my root canals anyway for possible infections
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good documentary that has been attacked by scammers.
gullskotti20 June 2019
Apart from all opinions, this documentary is super well made and fun to watch. One of better ones I have seen in a long time. Regarding the topic: Since I had my first Root Canal my health has not been the same. Very similar to the story in the movie except my tooth was killed by a dentist mistake (not by some guy punching me) I have few friends that have had grate health improvements after removing their toxic Root canals. (all of them where toxic in tests made after extracting) So I´m next in line and confident it will fix my issues.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This documentary is long overdue
oana91922 January 2019
In a society plagued by disease like never before in the history of humankind despite "advances" in medicine and the easy availability of antibiotics, vaccination etc, nobody is really asking what has changed to lead to so many cancers, autoimmune diseases and so much heart disease in our modern world. What do we do different now from before? Well, one thing that is different is root canals. To all those dentists reviewing this movie and yammering on that there is no "evidence" in this movie: how about all the extracted and supposedly "sterile" root canal teeth that were analysed post-extraction and found to be teeming with bacteria. Where do you think the waste product from that bacteria goes? Nothing is stationary in the body, but it circulates. Other body systems have to start dealing with the overflow of crap coming from these teeth. And yes, in more vulnerable people, more immune deficient, I can see how this can lead to overwhelm and serious illness. I am someone with 8 root canals who has suffered bad health since I got the first one, at 12, despite a totally normal and healthy childhood. Shame on you, dentists who bury their head in the sand on this. How many root canal teeth did you take out and sent to a lab for analysis? Once you've done 50 or 100 and they came back sterile or 90% sterile - that's when you can leave these incompetent and misleading reviews.... If all the dentists taking out root canal teeth decided to send them to a lab and report the results - we would have an amazing body of knowledge on this topic by now...and there would be no more doubt.
34 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
False information and dangerous
mnscott-147-60836113 January 2019
As a dentist and someone with common sense, logic would tell you that root canals aren't toxic for the body or causing cancer. People are so willing to produce fake statistics and this kind of movie is only going to cause issues. People still believe vaccines cause autism because of bogus research that was proved to be inaccurate and yet people still think vaccines cause cancer. Heck, there are people who think the earth is flat. Some people just want to watch the world burn
31 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fake reviews
dmassicotte-9881328 January 2019
The documentary is SPOT ON and I am the living human guinea pig.

10 years ago Dr Breiner was instrumental in helping me get my life back while I, unknowingly during the same time, was being slowly poisened by toxic mold coming from the fiberboard ducts of my HVAC system. I was treated by removal of all mercury amalagams, jawbone injected ozone and hyperbaric oxygen. These treatments were extremely effective.

Dr Breiner was the only doctor that suggested emphatically to test my home for mold top to bottom. Multiple conventional docs and specialists offered no help and were insulting to me.

Slow toxic mold exposure is NOT understood by a majority of conventional US doctors. I was treated earlier this year following the Dr Shoemaker mold protocol clearing up my remaining neurological symptoms.

Over the last 10 years slowly has my vitality and cognitive abilities returned as the poisons have been leaving my body. I am now age 48.

Thank you Dr Breiner for sticking your neck out there and saving lives while the pharma-powered machine leaves their 1 star reviews in the name of big-pharma based "science".

I am a believer of objective science, not the corporate backed crony "research" being sited in these reviews. Their goals are not being objective. Their goals are to protect their financial interests.

When your body is toxic there is no magic pill that can remove the toxins. You must remove the source. Your body is slowly poisened and it is slow to heal. For me has been a 10 year journey.

I am so greatful that i did not take the bad advise of conventional doctors to heart.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst documentary ever
dianabalasa5 January 2019
I could not agree less with this documentary. It's really poor documented and not scientifically accurate.
34 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Warning! Pseudo-science ahead.
bloccospirale20 January 2019
So, this begins innocuously enough with one man describing his chronic medical condition...... and then plunges into the depths of pseudo-science where various "medical professionals" make the claim that 95% or, 96% or 97% of serious medical conditions are related to the teeth and that the acupuncture (yes acupuncture!) meridians are a real thing... no citations provided, of course, and, let's not forget the Lecher Antenna!!! FFS!
20 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
asmara-7875620 January 2019
Terrible. Reminded me of the saying "100% of people who drink water end up dead."
16 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dead teeth really kill
rdjkluiver7 February 2019
It's logical and proven. Dead teeth are infected and microbes leak into the bloodstream, causing disease where possible. Dr. Weston Price was warning us 100 years ago. Greedy dentist-groups ignored the hard science. Now we get another chance to come to our senses. Super warning! Get rid of all dead rotten toothbone in your jaw !
36 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Focal infection dangers
rdjkluiver7 February 2019
Do yourself a big favor: remove all rootcanaled teeth ASAP
15 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Old outdated science all the non educated have to grasp at
svitworks8 March 2019
If you had half a brain you would not believe science from 1922. Just to clarify we live in 2019. And this theory everyone who has breast cancer has had a root canal on that side so it causes cancer hmmmmmm so pretty sure majority of women with breast cancer have facial wrinkles on the side they had cancer on so then if you believe this documentaries way of thinking then face wrinkles cause cancer too because all women with breast cancer have them. Netflix was smart to remove it and try to uphold a good reputation of credible factual documentaries
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Root Cause opens the eyes for those who are willing to see...
anitatibau11 March 2019
The interest of keeping this documentary off of Netflix should concern each and everyone of us who care about their first amendment rights...This film is about one man's journey and how he was able after a very long road, find the solution to his health problems...Anyone, including dentists who say that there is no science, I can assure you, there is for anyone willing to take the time to look...I am including just a sample -A study has found that postmenopausal women with gum disease were more likely to develop breast cancer than postmenopausal women who didn't have gum disease. If the women had a history of smoking, the risk of breast cancer was even higher.

The study was published online on Dec. 21, 2015 by the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. Read the abstract of "Periodontal Disease and Breast Cancer: Prospective Cohort Study of Postmenopausal Women." There are hundreds of peer reviewed scientific papers that says Root Canals can become infected and cause a host of health problems...Shining the light on common dental procedures should wake anyone up!
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Documentary
rasmussencorrina4 August 2019
I found this documentary well done and worth watching. I think it is ALWAYS important, no matter the subject, to do your own research before making any decisions/choices regarding your health and wellness. One of the critics on here, calling themself a Dentist, suggests that David Minkoff is a Scientologist, and therefore, everything stated in this documentary should be tossed out as slick marketing and BS. Well - I would agree to be SUPER careful taking any advise whatsoever from someone associated with Scientology and their practices - full stop. HOWEVER, I myself, have explored and spoken directly with a number of Biological Dentists along with family physicians, and have concluded that the information contained in this documentary is solid and certainly worth looking at as a causation element for allot of folks navigating serious health concerns. I have had my root canals removed as a result. So have others I know who likewise have done their research and concluded that it is a logical link to their underlying health issues and have had them removed as well.

Well done guys......thank you for bringing this to the public awareness!!
💯 percent true
rachaelkat18 March 2019
I have worked as a dental assistant for 25 years and had patients who could not heal from root canal teeth. Even after they had the tooth pulled. I never knew why until I had a root canal, and went through 5 years of trying to find help. I am only sorry I did not have this information sooner. I could have helped so many people over the years. I know this movie is true because I lived it. They don't teach doctor to treat anything they can't see. Well we don't go to the doctor because we look bad, we go because we feel bad. The lack of understanding in this country is out standing
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nailed it
shoshanafox27 March 2019
Excellent. Funny and informative. Description of my life since my own root canal. Got it pulled last year. Getting the periodontal ligament removed next month (deep cleaning) by a specially trained dental surgeon.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.