Inside Man: Most Wanted (2019) Poster

I was shocked to learn this is a legitimate sequel
jackgdemoss29 September 2019
Browsing Netflix I noticed a bank robbery film with a title similar to my favorite in the genre, Inside Man. I thought that it was a cheap trick to click-bait the name of a more famous film to draw attention, but I proceeded to give it a try anyways. To my disbelief, Inside Man: Most Wanted is the legitimate follow-up to Spike Lee's 2006 crime drama. My awe was compounded further by the vast difference in budget between the two films, which presents in spades with the CGI and hired talent of the latest installment. The story had enough going on that you couldn't guess exactly what the outcome was after 15 minutes, but not enough to overshadow its beaten tropes and TV crime drama feel.
30 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
mattcurtis-5045911 October 2019
Tramples over the grave of the original movie then violates it's corpse.

RIP Inside Man.
28 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
At least I didn't have to pay admission.
ellic130 September 2019
There's a scene towards the end of "The Producers" where Zero Mostel says: I was so careful... I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast... where did I go right?"

That's not the case here. Bad script, improbable plot, bad acting. Ameen appears to be trying to do a poor cross of Will Smith and Eddie Murphy.

The best part of the movie was not having to pay admission
33 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible acting
dorianmusaj24 April 2020
The actors on the movie look like they feel the camera in front of them filming. Nothing to say more. The only reason giving a 5 star rating is for the attempt, but the movie itslef doesn't give you the feeling of even an average movie at all.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Most Boring!!!
Dimple6724 September 2019
This movie has no reason to exist. Exact same twist, horribly written, not well directed, and the movie looks bad. Flat lighting, bad color, and the acting is not good. You'd think with all the powerful software out there today, they could've tried to make the movie look good in post, but no it just looks flat and bland. Someone doesn't know what they're doing. Just watch the original with great stars and acting. No reason to watch a cheap remake with no name actors and bad cinematography and even worse finishing touches. This is lazy bad filmmaking from A to Z. And work on the scripts 1440. You can do better than this, all you have to do is try just a bit harder!
26 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Homemade CGI?
dutchgup28 March 2020
Only seen the first 6 minutes of it and the cgi graphics like the street background are..... Horrible, for this day and age. Stopped watching it completely a few minutes later...
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
another version of MONEY HEIST 85% same story line
ericachonde28 September 2019
I felt like I'm watching the other version of MONEY HEIST the serious on Netflix but this time they are in America. The stort line is almost the same with a little twist on it. But money heist is way better. They should have tried something extra different
33 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why?
flynner2126 September 2019
Takes the saying "Sequels are never as good as the original" to new heights.....or should I say new lows. The two mains cops are fine, everything else is just awful.
26 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad, so lame
Hassel51223 November 2019
This remake is so bad, don't bother. Did no-one tell the main black actor he was not on a reality TV show. I just hope I never stumble upon him again! I gave it a 4 just because the cinematics were well done.
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why Copy
ziggy_dfx16 October 2019
Another film gone bad :( what is happening with scripts, acting, special effects and directing please can you stop doing bad films
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow Burn Initially But Final Thirty Minutes Offer Twists & Turns
larrys325 September 2019
Apparently I am better off not to have seen the 2006 Spike Lee original for comparisons sake, so that I did not know where this plot was going. Initially, a slow burn with confusing and convoluted plot elements, but in the final 30 minutes, things picked up considerably with a number of twists and turns that I thought were pretty clever.

Overall, the final parts of the movie made it a fairly decent watch for me, although I still was confused about a few of the plot machinations After the initial credits, there's a scene that helps explain it even more, so I'd say look for that.
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a joke
giveital6823 October 2019
It's pretty sad that we make a movie pay homage to the original character and make it an all women cast to appeal to the generation of today destroy the classic
17 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh, another failed sequel
Top_Dawg_Critic24 September 2019
Directing by M.J. Bassett was decent, but the writing by novice Brian Brightly was terrible. The 106 run time felt longer - even with the decent pacing, due to many plot and technical issues. The score sounded out of place and too obvious in some scenes. Casting overall was ok, with the exception of Aml Ameen, who was trying way too hard and failing, to the point of annoying. It's a very disappointing sequel to the first film that was directed by Spike Lee and written by "amateur" Russell Gewirtz, and starred Denzel Washington, Clive Owen and Jodie Foster. This felt more like a B-grade production that went over budget. Sadly, it's a very generous 5/10 from me.
24 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just horrible
alejandra_drh25 November 2019
Everything is bad about this movie! The plot was just super lame, evil Nazis robbing Federal Reserve. The heroes are a empowered woman and afro-American. Cant these producers in Hollywood make a bit better effort to create movies insted of these terrible political correct cliches...
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rip-off
max-p-m-reznik1 October 2019
This isn't even a sequel it's literally a word for word ripoff of the original
16 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
ets_kool7 February 2021
Right from the bank scene it was evident that it's gonna be a horrible watch. That Remy guy was a total misfit & NF just wanted to cash on the money heist craze with sub par cast & production. Avoid. Re watch the original.
Garbage
ryanspitzer11 January 2021
Waste of two hours. Terrible in every way. This movie is on my worst 10 movies ever watched list.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Somebody watched Gene Hackman in "Heist"
lynchiefromsc25 March 2020
The part of the plot about disposing of the stolen gold is almost a straight lift from the 2001 film "Heist", starring Gene Hackman and Danny Devito. "Most wanted" has stereotypical characters, predictable plot and a waste of Rhea Seehorn's talent. Go watch "Heist" instead. It's snappier and funnier and Hackman is just the best in everything he does.
Barbie impersonates GI Joe
dmoorejdrf-3080222 November 2019
Army of rugged men under the influence of BaBrie doll. Could easily have found a more realistic female lead. Now for plot flaw. Said army of men infiltrate Federal Reserve in a variety of staff jobs and no one questions who the heck they are. And they even brought there own equipment. And as an FYI...you can pick up those face covers on Pinterest!
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A total money heist duplicate.
hoagsobj16 November 2019
But I wasn't bored watching it. I enjoyed it, fortunately I didn't spend a nickel in the theater to see it.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth it
rkbiker8924 September 2019
This felt like a lifetime movie. Writing was horrible and one dimensional, music/score was bad, lighting was bad, directing couldve been better.

the acting was also for the most part horrible with the exception of the girl from better call saul. accents for several of the actors were all over the place.

the original was leagues better than this one. they tried to tie it in as much as possible to the original but it just felt awkward.

you can easily tell it was a direct to dvd kind of movie. if you're really bored one night or on a plane with nothing to do it wont hurt to watch this but i wouldnt go out of my way to watch it
14 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Copy of Money Heist
usy9430 September 2019
The story is almost the same, as of a Spanish TV series names as "Money heist"
17 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
we have to collectively stop
Straightfromthehorseymouf22 December 2019
Watching movies where the casting is solely based on race quotas. yes, the script was very poor, but bad acting makes it impossible to get through and anger that this is getting financed when there are original ideas being looked over.

just make original, slightly average movies with good actors. I do not want more than that, leave the PC stuff for the disney marvel superhero stuff that will have millions watch it regardless of who you put in.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Out The Door with Inside Man
gpxdlr29 November 2019
Whew! What a baaaaaaaaaaaaad film! Waste of their money and our time to watch it. After 20 minutes of terrible acting, I fast forwarded to the last 10 and found I did the right thing. Thumbs down.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Average B Film
ukdean24 September 2019
Somehow 3 people have voted a 10 score for this movie!! Seriously?

At best its a 4 if that. It's an ok action/theft movie for a Sunday afternoon when you cant find anything else to watch from 300+ channels on your tv, but paying money to watch it is beyond me.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.