Odds Are (2018) Poster

(2018)

6ft man vs 5ft wooden fence. Fence wins.
donttouchmeprimate28 September 2018
22 minutes in this happens and it sets the tone perfectly. Please allow me to elaborate, a 6ft man has the heart-stopping moment of a stuggle when climbing over a feeble, wooden fence that he can look over without standing on his tippy-toes. I actually caught myself waving my hand at the screen and ranting "What are tou doing"?! And that's the LEAST ridiculous things that happens in this film.

Now, I'm not going to complain about the rest of the story or the acting or the blah blah blah.

I'm just saying that it's pretty naff and from now on, I need to find a hobby for my Friday evenings as films like this make me question my very existence.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You don't play by our rules
nogodnomasters5 September 2018
A couple and a third wheel play a game called "Odds are" which is like "Truth or Dare" without the "Truth" part. After a day of dares, they top off the evening with one final dare...knock on a stranger's door and get invited in. Kelly (Alejandra Morin) does this and does not return. It appears she is held captive against her will as the film moves into a home break-in film where the homeowner (Ron Eldard) is the bad guy. And then the twist and we are told this was based on actual events so we might like it.

Other than Kelly, the characters were rather boring. Nice twist, but not worth sitting through the entire film.

No sex or nudity.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hideous
brownmalisha2 September 2018
This has to be the most stupid movie I've ever seen. I was really looking forward to watching this and was HIGHLY disappointed!!!! I hope that the people these events actually happened to had much better sense than the characters.. (COMMON SENSE) ..... Geesh, what a let down
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plain lazy by the director, edtior and producder.
torsteinars-875482 March 2019
Lazy. They had no story, they had no concept, they had nothing And they made nothing of it. The context and the plot for the whole movie is so stupid that I turned on Facebook after 22 min. It's BS, even for a horror flick. She goes to a random house, leaving her friends in the car, disappears, friends in the car get weird and threatening messages frrom a possible bad guy.

They don't call the police, but go investigate themselves, looking reallly scared. Idiotic movie.

Lazy movie making. I feel bad for the actors.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just plain terrible
pnkstr30 August 2018
This a perfect example as to why some movies should never be made. There are no spoilers here as it is impossible for me to re-live this travesty. Please do not watch this movie.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
:DDDDDD
jsq-5914219 January 2019
Someone lost his job and family for making this movie
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Based on a true story..
andymaranam3 September 2018
Based on a true story with alot of promise inititally, but just falls by the wayside mid way.. leaving you wandering..Am is still watching this? And what is going on, unfortunately not due to red herrings. That being said Expecially the two girls who's acting was very good and Alejandra morin has made a good debut for herself..I must mention an uncanny likeness between Ron eldards character & Chris waltz makes for an interesting theme but again unfortunately as gripping the character should be, goes in the wrong direction.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DID THEY REALLY SPEND MONEY FOR THIS FILM?
ghaichie25 December 2018
A very very very stupid movie! I hate it when directors make you look stupid, actions were so unreal! I didnt even continue watching it.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Odds are those were PRECIOUS minutes of my life gone forever!
serenantony18 October 2018
There is utterly no saving grace to this movie. Neither the sad plot nor the forgettable cast can save this movie. Do yourself a HUGE favour and pass on this one. Trust me. You'll thank me.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unique and original
ealesnj16 November 2018
It was an interesting movie to say the least. The plot is amazingly clever and unique. Most of the actors are top notch. The cinematography is top notch. If you are getting bored on a lazy evening this is the perfect movie to cap off the day. I loved it and I am sure you will love it too
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lacklustre and a bit Meh!
omendata10 December 2018
Actually its not as bad as a 1 or two star.

It does tell the story of the murder of Lawrence Mullholland but there isnt really much tension or suspense in the movie and a lot of implausible situations which usually one would ignore as just being a movie but in this case are more noticeable because the movie doesn't really hold your attention after the first 20- minutes!

Contrary to other reviewers the ending was appropriate because it was what happened, you can't tell a true story and then change the end so it suits the narrative but unfortunately the acting was really sub-par from all involved which did not help.

Its an average watch, not great but then again its not as bad as some of the reviewers are making out but if you are looking for a gripping thriller this is not it!

One word can actually sum it up -> "MEH"! Not great, not bad just meh!
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting concept, great story except for the end and an enjoyable watch.
markthomassintek1 October 2018
REVIEW - ODDS ARE

There is an expression in Yorkshire which sums this film up a treat, there's nowt so strange as people and this based on true events proves as much.

What starts off as a gripping thriller slowly as the film progresses starts to become less and less interesting which is a real shame as this film was based on a true story and as usual Hollywood try to answer the questions and put the dots together but honestly if they hadn't followed what actually happened and just concentrated on the thriller this would have been far better. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this film but I guessed who the real........ was before it was revealed.

Interesting concept, great story except for the end and an enjoyable watch.

Rating 7 out of 10
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible!
matdgr81-161-32915425 June 2019
This is the worst movie I have ever seen! I have never had the urge to write a movie review before, but after I watched this movie I felt the need to save as many people as possible from watching this trash. You are welcome!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.