Wayne (TV Series 2019– ) Poster

(2019– )

Just plain fun
william-lane616 January 2019
I find myself surprised with just how much I enjoyed this short YouTube series, and I don't claim to be a great writer, or a professional critic, or even anyone worth listening to, but I thought I would share my opinion, and give an honest account of why I like this show. As the title suggests, it's just plain fun, everything from the numb, out of touch, violent, 16 year old Wayne, to two simple twin brothers who are like watching a continuous Laurel and Hardy sketch, to some insanely over the top 'bad guys' with a golden grill and a pet alligator. Everything about it is just balls to the wall chaos, with the occasional poignant, heartfelt moment sprinkled in there, some great music used throughout, and quite frankly one of the best performances I've seen from Dean Winters who I thought really shined throughout. The show is vulgar, sometimes hilarious, nihilistic, has some real punch in the gut moments, and overall fun to watch. If you're looking for a Breaking Bad, or a The Wire, or a Stranger Things, you won't find it here, but if you're looking for a violent, over the top, low brow show to binge over an evening or two, this will most certainly do.
75 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty great
ysstog17 January 2019
This show is better than just about anything on Netflix or Amazon at the moment. The two leads are fantastic and fantastic together. Terrific acting and great chemistry. The editing and music are also top-notch. I wish the rest of the Youtube Originals were this good.
74 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great series from Youtube
mamamick40122 January 2019
I absolutely loved this show. Loved the characters and the exaggerated stereotypes. Let's face it...... Stereotypes are funny cuz there's a truth in there. Reminded me of "The End of the Fu*#ing World"..... Another series that I fell in love with. I hope the performances that Mark McKenna (Wayne) and Ciara Bravo (Del) gave set them up for long and successful careers they deserve. Let's not forget Dean Winters (Allstate's Mayhem/Del's "Daddy") either! I loved seeing him in this and he gave a great performance, as well. Unlike some of the other reviewers here, I think the topics touched on are completely relevant for today. Kids are parenting themselves, guidance in school is a joke, and they are lost and ANGRY. Who's to blame here? Hmmmmm
26 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Like a deer in headlights I can't look away
robie46-120 January 2019
I know that I shouldn't like this show at my age. It's vulgar, nasty, ultraviolent, everything I should find appalling and shocking, yet I can't stop watching. I started watching mainly because the title character has my name, but there are so many more reasons to watch. Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.
23 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seriously the best show of the damn year and it's only january
blazemaster90019 January 2019
This show is fantastic. The characters are well written and feel like real people. It's dark, funny as hell, and has some brutaly gore ridden action scenes. Seriously check this out if you have the chance.
34 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If Garth Ennis Made a Television Show...
Kailolu18 January 2019
...It would be Wayne. It has the heart of a superhero story but the stylistic flare of a grindhouse action flick -- coupled with some (quite well done) Romantic Comedy elements here and there. One of the best new shows in months.
25 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best thing I've ever watched. Period.
smky-8304630 January 2019
This one came out of nowhere for me I was not aware it was even coming out and there is literally zero things I found that could have been better. YouTube establishing themselves firmly as a big-time content provider in one swing. Can't say enough about the cast and really everyone that took part in creating this absolute gem.
24 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Truly amazing
marcusdrennan19 January 2019
This show is the only reason i got Youtube Red, I loved every episode, sure there were a few cringe-worthy moments where it was painful to watch but it was worth every penny, i hope they make a season 2 or carry on with the first season (i don't know their plan). As one of the other reviews said this reminded me of Scott Pilgrim vs the world, just a little more violent. Overall the actors were great, the story was written pretty perfectly and i want more of it. I thought Wayne was so good that i even made this account a few minutes ago just to show my love for it.
29 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great, Great Show
jc-999-59110627 January 2019
I actually did one day as an extra on this show in the Episode 9 scene in the bus station. Although I did not make it into the final cut, I loved the show.

Why did an old guy like a show about two mid-teens, you may well ask. 1. The story is really interesting and the characters all seem surprisingly genuine, even though they are mostly on the extreme end of one spectrum or another. 2. There is real tension in the show, you really expect anyone could die at anytime. 3. Some of the characters are quite relatable, at least in some of their beliefs and actions. For example, I can really identify with Wayne and his dad's strong sense of justice and fairness. 4. The music is pretty awesome. 5. The sound is very good and even with the thick Bawstun accents, I could understand almost all the dialogue. 6. There is a lot of action and violence but it does not seem overly gratuitous. You can almost believe that some of this really happened. 7. The chemistry between Wayne and many of the other characters, especially Del, is really amazing. 8. The story lines all move along nicely, except for one twist near the end of season one. I won't give it away but I could not figure out any plausible way it could happen.

9. I love free and Youtube Premium is giving us one month free. Thanks Youtube Premium, thanks cast and crew of Wayne and thanks for reading. cheers, Jim
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome
zpit-2077919 January 2019
Really good. Lots of action and humor. By far the best show youtube has made
24 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Show
beccaradd20 January 2019
Like many others I only got YouTube red to watch this series. It is one of the best shows I've seen recently! It was action packed yet heart warming. It was funny and the characters are great. The acting in the show was good which had actually surprised me because I didn't see YouTube as a platform for original series. Wonderfully surprised!
23 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hollywood can't compete with a series like this one!
rsvp32130 January 2019
Perfect casting, awesome acting, great music selection - fits the action, riveting plot, and the most important - *writers with talent*!

No social agendas, nothing pc, just entertainment.
19 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
John Wick + Kickass + Deadpool
danielracca22 January 2019
Feels like Kickass with a mix of John Wick and Dead Pool's Dark Comedy. Definitely check it out!
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny , timely and poignant .
edward1960216 January 2019
"Wayne" ,the show is damn near perfect . Now perhaps the rest of the episodes won't be perfect(nearly) .After all no place to go but sideways or down . I haven't done too many reviews and don't think spoilers are a good idea or fair. Regards,Ed Flanagan
21 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wish there was a score higher than 10
maria_215321 January 2019
It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a series this much. Beyond the obvious violence, which has been choreographed so perfectly, is an incredible story told in an extremely fun & engaging way. The actors playing Wayne & Del are so amazing & deserve all the awards for their heartfelt portrayals. I'm laughing my ass off one minute, then crying the next. Can't wait for season 2, I'm telling everyone I know to check this out.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such an amazing piece of work
claeslanng26 January 2019
I'm already looking forward for season 2, you might as well start filming it now! We love Wayne (& Del)
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Literally rocks.
saiken-3034125 January 2019
This is the, modern, White Trash version of a Arthurian adventure tale. And, excellent in virtually every respect.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome
zpit-2077919 January 2019
Great show, lots of action as well as humor. By far the best show youtube has made
16 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome Show
the_nephilim7119 January 2019
This is a hilarious show with interesting characters and great actors portraying them. Prepare to laugh your rear off.
17 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Whoa. What a rush!
etherealtouch21 January 2019
This show is honestly far more than you would expect at face value. It is concise but filled with heart, character development, a good and simple storyline that is followed through consistently and interesting takes on themes that have been repetitively done to death over the years to the point where they're mush.

I highly recommend this show. It is worth a watch and it definitely makes you take a step back and process things.

Kino af.
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Youtube's best original with Cobra Kai
Brave_TraveIor18 January 2019
William-lead6 bravo for your review!! You nailed perfectly.

After hearing positive rumblings, I decided to give Youtube a free trial just to see this series. I must say, I just finished Sex Education--which is flawless and enchanting, so I needed something to hold me over and keep me out of a show hole.

I love violent content. I'm 30, so it is instilled in me from the content in cinema growing up. Right from the very start this show grabs you along the ride for a coming of age series. Each episode, with ten total, is about 36 minutes. They each are paced just right with the perfect tone to a FUN viewing experience. Cobra Kai was so great so I'm hard pressed in saying this, but Wayne is the superior Youtube Original among the best 3, impulse being the third.

With a couple of reviews thus far I'm not suprised being the streaming platform is more favored for live TV for the cord cutters, but I'm not going to suggest to anyone to try Youtube for a free 30 trial, but I did because the worst that can happen was I wouldnt like it and I cancel immediately and get my money back. You're right, I still am once I explore a little, but this platform is not for me, however this show absolutely is.

Do yourself a favor and don't miss watching what is among this years (month) best shows to come out. It's a wild and thrilling experience. FYI, the production is top notch, which I appreciate such things and it shows me Youtube is headed in the right direction. Enjoy. Check out Sexual education it's the best comedy that feels like a John Hughes world. Sorry to add that.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Refreshing
akl01420 January 2019
All the characters are amazingly well written and performed, not just the leads. It's a fun series that just lets loose and I find it quite refreshing. Best I've seen in a while, dont let the YouTube thing fool you. Worth spending the free trial on.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty damn awesome
brybolsoy18 January 2019
Was waiting for it since the first trailer. It didn't disappoint. Better than any other youtube original I've seen and really just want a season 2 at this point. Can't wait to see more of Wayne, Del and the twins.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best new shows
kregvetovitz18 January 2019
I could sit here and list a bunch of reason why I think this show is one of the best new things to watch, but I'm not going to. Just watch it for yourself.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best show I've seen in a long time
brianbertini21 January 2019
I watched the first episode for free on YouTube. I had no plans to sign up (and pay) for YouTube premium, but I was hooked after the episode. It was totally worth the monthly fee just to watch these 10 episodes. Wayne does everything you wish you could do. His girlfriend isn't the 'weak' girl either, she is a total bada**. Great show
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.