The Scientist (2020) Poster

(2020)

Please stop
susieqeisus20 August 2020
I've had it up to here with the false advertising. This isn't a zombie movie. It almost works as a good build up to one but even then it's barely worth mentioning and that isn't the way it was marketed. The movie looks bad. The movie sounds bad. The movie is bad. The only thing about it that makes me give it two stars is that most of the actors were good. That's it. That's the only thing it has going for it.
17 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Avoid .. or you waste your time
homeflash2 March 2021
If I could give 0 or -negative start, i would give -10 for this movie. It is bad everything. I am surprised in 2020, people would make this kind of movie. it is worse than b movie. first 5 minutes, you will see the bad acting, bad casting.. .then bad plot, bad story. again, everything is bad.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow paced, but not as bad as to be expected...
paul_haakonsen1 October 2020
Right, well I had no idea what I was in for when I sat down to watch the 2020 movie "The Scientist", aside from it being a horror movie, and that its poster/cover was actually interesting enough to catch my attention. And with it being horror movie that I hadn't already seen, I needed little persuasion to sit down to watch it.

And while the storyline was rather slow paced, I will say that "The Scientist" actually turned out to be entertaining enough for what it was. For me, personally, it was the last half of the movie that really mattered, as this is where things started to pick up and become interesting. The storyline was pretty straight forward, truth be told, but it was for the most parts a bit too slow paced.

Now, I will not classify "The Scientist" as a zombie movie, but it is a prequel to such, in a way. I mean, this movie deals with the events that lead up to a potential outbreak of zombies. And that was definitely an aspect of the movie that worked for me, especially the last 10 minutes of the movie, that was just all worth it. I was definitely liking the ending of the movie, no doubt about it.

It should be said that the acting in the movie, for the most part, was shoddy, if not dubious. You are not in for a movie of Shakespearian performances when you sit down to watch writer and director Derrick Granado's movie, "The Scientist".

"The Scientist" is not a movie that is making heavy use of special effects, but luckily this is not the type of movie that needs to bedazzle the audience with a spectacle of grand special effects.

I am rating "The Scientist" a five out of ten stars. It was watchable, sure, but it wasn't a grand cinematic moment.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is what it is
Shemhamforash66626 July 2020
This is a strange movie, because it technically isn't too good but to say that it didn't hold my interest would be a lie. The greatest aspect was the idea of the events leading up to a zombie outbreak instead of focusing on the outbreak itself, which I don't think is a spoiler since the movie is clear from the beginning that said outbreak is coming. This is a unique way to tell a zombie tale.

The production value is what it is. It isn't necessarily bad but it's far from good; perhaps boring would be the proper choice of word here. That said, the film maintains itself through a compelling performance from its leading actor Robb Hudspeth. He portrays a wide range of emotions throughout and he is mostly convincing at all times, which is a must since he is in nearly every scene of the movie.

It isn't a complete winner and it isn't something I would even go so far as to recommend, but it's just compelling enough that I look forward to seeing what Derrick Granado does next.
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A pretty good movie
kurt782528 February 2021
I liked the scientist guy. He was cool. I wish I was a scientist just like him
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.