Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some thematic elements and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Francois Clemmons talks about his Homosexuality in one bit. Explaining how his marriage failed, and realized that "You can't just pray it away."
- A brief scene shows a photo of a man's bare buttocks as he moons the camera. This only lasts a couple seconds, and is explained to have been an inside joke among the crew of the show.
- A segment joke on Mister Rogers involving words such as "hooker".
- Part of a Johnny Carson parody skit is shown - he pulls a woman out of the closet. She's wearing lingerie (bustier and stockings).
Violence & Gore
- A man is seen throwing chemicals at a group of African American's in a white's only pool. Just to show how bad segregation really was during the 1960's.
- A segment on efforts to calm and advise other beings after a certain series of events involving places such as the city of New York in the American state of New York (including what appeared to have had been recordings of certain moments related to the events).
- Images of the Vietnam war are shown (nothing graphic is shown).
- Actual footage from Robert F. Kennedy's assassination is shown.
- Certain scenes that might be considered "slapstick" (physical comedy).
- Francois Clemmons mentions that Rogers once used the word "ass" in conversation with him once. Which may come as a surprise to some people.
- A few of the interviewees occasionally swear, with mild profanity(3 uses of "ass", 1 use of "bastards", and 1 use of "bitch"said by Eddie Murphy in a SNL skit).
- There is also a use of d**k f*g and negro
- A certain performance involving the word "bitch".
- D**k f*g and neg*o are used
- 2 uses of fag and hell
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A very brief image of an alcohol bottle and a lit cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some scenes of war and Bobby Kennedy's assassination are quite intense, yet nothing graphic is shown.
- A scene shows historical footage of a Caucasian hotel manager throwing chemicals at African-Americans in a pool.
- Daniel Tiger asks Lady Aberlin, "What does assassination mean" she describes it as, "Someone getting killed in a surprise way" To help children understand what it means since it was around the time of John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy's Assassination.
- When Mister Rogers talks about super hero's there is a segment where he addresses parents, in this segment he uses a rather stern and minority raised voice than many are used to hearing him use. As he says "I'm tired of people who have long ago said they know what's best for children." May startle some people who have never heard him speak this way.